FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

error while downloading apps from google play

10 posts
Thanks Meter: 23

By adrianyu, Junior Member on 11th July 2012, 11:30 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, guys, need help here.
After I updated apps from the play store, I tried to download another app. But mysteriously, an error occured. It says: ***(app name) could not be downloaded due to an error; error retrieving information from server [RPC:AEC:0]. Then I tried several other apps, and this error occured every time.
Has anyone gotten this before? Need a solution here. Many thanks!

11th July 2012, 12:08 PM |#2  
Long Beach, CA
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Did everything work before? Were u stock? If u were on different ROM, which one?
What ROM is happening on? Maybe put this question in that ROMs thread since it could be something to do with DPI of that ROM.
But b4 that u should at the minimum reflash gapps.
I would start over... clean wipe and reflash.... but that's just me. It normally fixes errors that are hard to fix.
Good luck

Vs Nexus S 4G
The Following User Says Thank You to vidaljs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vidaljs Ad-Free
11th July 2012, 12:25 PM |#3  
Flag Quezon City
Thanks Meter: 1,771

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianyu

After I updated apps from the play store, I tried to download another app. But mysteriously, an error occured. It says: ***(app name) could not be downloaded due to an error; error retrieving information from server [RPC:AEC:0]. Then I tried several other apps, and this error occured every time.

clear market data in settings/apps
The Following User Says Thank You to mixtapes08 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mixtapes08 Ad-Free
11th July 2012, 03:01 PM |#4  
Flag Detroit Area
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:

the same thing happened to me and what i did to solve the problem was replace the play store
Attached Files
File Type: apk GooglePlay.apk - [Click for QR Code] (5.08 MB, 9002 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kgood63 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kgood63 Ad-Free
11th July 2012, 03:39 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Shanghai
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Problem solved! I first cleaned up the cache of the play app, didn't work. Then I uninstalled the update, did work either. However after I deleted my google account and re-logged in, it worked perfectly. Anyway, thanks for the advices.
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to adrianyu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adrianyu Ad-Free
25th July 2012, 07:13 PM |#6  
Flag Jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Thank you Adrianyu
Quote:

Problem solved! I first cleaned up the cache of the play app, didn't work. Then I uninstalled the update, did work either. However after I deleted my google account and re-logged in, it worked perfectly. Anyway, thanks for the advices.

Removing Google Account and putting it back in solved the problem. As well as clearing our the data in the Play Store app.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cpatel112 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cpatel112 Ad-Free
5th August 2012, 01:08 AM |#7  
Flag Milpitas
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixtapes08

clear market data in settings/apps

Salamat!
7th August 2012, 10:20 PM |#8  
Flag Skopje
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Yes ,did factory restore it worked.
By the way i`ma on NexusHD2-ICS-4.0.4-CM9-HWA V2.5 ,with my Leo .
UslessSniper001
8th August 2012, 05:58 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Sign Alternative Solution
Or another way you could solve that is that you could download apps from the Play Store but from the web browser.
8th August 2012, 10:22 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have the same problem. Ive tried to reboot, remove cache and data, uninstall the latest version of play store, logged in with another google account in play store and then with my regular account again and nothing works. really annoying to not be able to update or install apps... someone said "delete your google acc", but idk how to with JB. Im on a rooted nexus s I9023 with stock 4.1.1 and kernel. sorry for beeing a noob and i really hope someone can help me. thanks in advance

edit: nvm i solved it
9th August 2012, 03:25 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
same problem here, solved with delete and readd my google account. thanks to all
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)