How to disable stop OTA updates on ICS 4.0.4

Search This thread

stewie-droid

Jun 27, 2010
How to disable stop OTA updates on ICS 4.0.4? It tries to do OTA install of jellybean 4.1 but i want to stick with current custom ROM?

stewie-droid

Jun 27, 2010
Thank you guys. Renaming that file at first did not work but after while those annoying updates have stopped so i think it's working.
What's weird is that even after reboot they still were popping up but only after some time they stopped. Odd. Thank you guys.

Last edited:

stewie-droid

Jun 27, 2010
Now i'm getting some weird message about:"there was an error while trying to download the data. Please try again later"
This is famous pixelrom 1.72 fully touched. I love this rom

youngshredder

Feb 20, 2012
Bandung
henda-himself.blogspot.com
Hmm, I've experienced this on Stock 2.3.6 ROM, the download still showing but stopped, It's annoying but, I'd try factory reset & after it completed I'm turning on the phone without sim card (to ensure there is no internet connection) & renaming the "otacerts" file. So download will not be showing & not started

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

billford

Jul 19, 2012
How to disable stop OTA updates on ICS 4.0.4? It tries to do OTA install of jellybean 4.1 but i want to stick with current custom ROM?

I tried and removed ICS and JB. Went back to GB, it's faster less bloated and does the job for me. GB kept downloading ICS automatically and giving me nag messages to install it.

I found the following thread, which fixed the problem.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1579154

The trick is to install FOTAKill immediately after you install another rom, before the phone connects to the network.

To install it, I used the "adb push" method from cwm recovery.