FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[Q] how to install cwm recovery permanently?

48 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By curenei, Member on 28th June 2012, 05:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
after some reboot i keep getting red triangle with exclamation point when i try to go recovery. i need to flash again to boot to cmw recovery. anyone?

28th June 2012, 05:45 PM |#2  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 2,496

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by curenei

after some reboot i keep getting red triangle with exclamation point when i try to go recovery. i need to flash again to boot to cmw recovery. anyone?

If you're on a stock ROM, it's possible some file are flashing a stock recovery. Verify both of these are not present
/system/etc/install-recovery.sh
/system/recovery-from-boot.p

With root, you can delete those without a problem and reflash CWM and it shouldn't get overwritten.
28th June 2012, 07:55 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
U can use the"one click root" method, there is option for recovery to stick.this is the way i did it 5 months ago.
29th June 2012, 02:18 AM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Quezon

More
yeah my phone is in stock rom. can you tell me how to delete those files? my phone is rooted definitely.
29th June 2012, 02:56 AM |#5  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 482

More
ES File Explorer, Root Explorer or any other file explorer with root functionality. Just delete the /system/etc/install-recovery.sh file.
7th July 2012, 10:55 AM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Quezon

More
i tried deleting the file install-recovery using root explorer but it says i cant delete it because it a read file only something like that. how should i delete it?
7th July 2012, 11:12 AM |#7  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 482

More
Look for options to mount /system as writable and make sure the app is running as root. After this it will work.
8th July 2012, 11:24 PM |#8  
SC
Thanks Meter: 942

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by curenei

i tried deleting the file install-recovery using root explorer but it says i cant delete it because it a read file only something like that. how should i delete it?

navigate to the system/etc folder using root explorer. press the button @ top right marked "mount r/w" delete the file then press "mount r/o" button, it is same button from before. back out of root explorer & reboot. screenshot of my system/etc folder, minus the recovery file since i'm on a skanky kang.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1341782684084.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	1185588

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
10th August 2012, 10:32 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Deleted
8th February 2013, 12:50 PM |#10  
Flag Meerut

More
xolo a700 custom rom
I try to install cwm recovery on my xolo a700 but it is not working pls. Help me...
I also try custom rom but it tells my mobile is not supported and my phone is rooted
..... pls help
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)