Has anyone installed Viper4android on Nexus s running Android 4.4?

Search This thread

iamarshad

Sep 18, 2013
Hi folks.!!

So I will try to make it as brief as possible. I really and badly wanted to install Viper4Android on my nexus s as I've come across some really good reviews of this app. So headed to the official thread of V4A and downloaded the FX version and installed the 4.x version of it.!!

Everything went well till here. Then, when I launched the app, it requested for a update/install of driver to which I granted the Supersu permission but the driver never got installed irrespective of how many times I gave it a try.!! :( I have a nexus s running unofficial cyanogenmod 11 android 4.4 overclocked to 1.2GHz and the version of V4A is 2.3.1.3 (if this is of any concern). Having heard V4A has issues with superuser I download Supersu from google play and gave it a try, but was of no use. This time I flashed a zip of supersu but was out of luck as nothing happened this time too.!! I've tried in each and every possible way to get it working on my nexus s but nothing went fine. Infact I've been trying since yesterday almost continuously to get it working and every time it did let me down.!!! I don't really understand what and where the problem is. Why are drivers not getting installed.!!? It keeps on telling me that driver installation is failed and is prompting to check if my device has root access and if su binary is installed when both of them are working fine (at least to my knowledge they really are working). I've seen in some thread that installation of V4A requires busybox to work, so installed it (smart install) but nothing happened.!!

Some posts are suggesting to install it as an user app rather than a system app. I don't really how to install apk as an user app.!! Someone here can help me know.!!?

Has anyone ever tried V4A on their nexus s (with any android version). Did it work fine with the specifications of this device or has anyone encountered any problems so far (assuming someone had a fair install).!! Besides when I chose Super Audio quality, it seems the device should have a dual core cpu. Is it recommended to install V4A in Super Audio quality because nexus s has 1GHz single core processor. Does it have any effect on speakers if used daily.!?

It really is very irritating when you come across some really useful app which you've been waiting from a very long time, besides having a rooted device with latest supersu version only to find drivers ain't getting installed.!!! Someone help me.!!!

Setting.Out

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 10, 2013
Sèvres
I got it from the play store (there are three versions) you need the 4.3.x version install the ?? with neon driver, reboot and works great.. ;)

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

iamarshad

Sep 18, 2013
I got it from the play store (there are three versions) you need the 4.3.x version install the ?? with neon driver, reboot and works great.. ;)

Thanks for the reply.! :)

When I headed to google play, I found all the versions of V4A in Chinese language. So did not give it a try. Do we get to change the language settings from within the app.!? Where from do I get neon driver.!!?

Besides, I did not find the 4.3.x version of it.! The latest version I found is for 4.3 only.!! :(

Setting.Out

Mar 10, 2013
Sèvres
Thanks for the reply.! :)

When I headed to google play, I found all the versions of V4A in Chinese language. So did not give it a try. Do we get to change the language settings from within the app.!? Where from do I get neon driver.!!?

Besides, I did not find the 4.3.x version of it.! The latest version I found is for 4.3 only.!! :(

Same one... It is in English too.. It will ask you to install the driver...

beneath-a-burning-turtle

Jul 16, 2012
Beacon, NY
I installed it on my NS4G, chose cortex a8 with neon, and it worked, but it only plays out the phone speaker, it won't play through my ear buds or car stereo

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using xda app-developers app

iamarshad

Sep 18, 2013
I installed it on my NS4G, chose cortex a8 with neon, and it worked, but it only plays out the phone speaker, it won't play through my ear buds or car stereo

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using xda app-developers app

Oh.!! It kind of seems weird. So V4A not working quite well on android 4.4 through ear buds.!!!

Good that you did let me know, coz later when I install and encounter the same problem I will at least be satisfied that am not the only one.!! ;)

But I really need it to be working in ear phones as well. Hope this gets fixed soon.!!!

iamarshad

Sep 18, 2013
Same one... It is in English too.. It will ask you to install the driver...

I've had no luck in installing it from play store as well.!! :(
The same problem keeps persisting. Drivers ain't getting installed.!!

Is there any way to manually install the drivers.!!?

I am attaching a screen shot of what am getting when I try to install the drivers.!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-24-15-23-48.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-24-15-23-48.png
    68.4 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Setting.Out

Mar 10, 2013
Sèvres
I've had no luck in installing it from play store as well.!! :(
The same problem keeps persisting. Drivers ain't getting installed.!!

Is there any way to manually install the drivers.!!?

I am attaching a screen shot of what am getting when I try to install the drivers.!!

You can ask it to install again, but I never faced this issue..

beneath-a-burning-turtle

Jul 16, 2012
Beacon, NY
Oh.!! It kind of seems weird. So V4A not working quite well on android 4.4 through ear buds.!!!

Good that you did let me know, coz later when I install and encounter the same problem I will at least be satisfied that am not the only one.!! ;)

But I really need it to be working in ear phones as well. Hope this gets fixed soon.!!!

I think it was just that my ROM was screwed up, because I switched to a different one and it worked AMAZINGLY. So I don't think the app had anything to do with it not playing right

iamarshad

Sep 18, 2013
I think it was just that my ROM was screwed up, because I switched to a different one and it worked AMAZINGLY. So I don't think the app had anything to do with it not playing right

Well, then, this gives some ray of hope to me.!! Since this is an unofficial version am using, I think it would be better to revert back to some stable build of previous version of rom and give it a shot.!!!