FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Jelly bean and apk.

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Triggerhand, Junior Member on 17th July 2012, 09:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Trying to install a .apk but keeps coming up with " [INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_APK] "
I had 4.0 before and they downloaded fine. I flashed with Jelly Bean and now this error.
I assume its because Jelly Bean is new but maybe I'm wrong can anyone help me?

17th July 2012, 10:06 AM |#2  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi.. since nobody post an answer and has some views, i think you already got the answer, probably an incompatible JB apk, as an example Flash player will not be supported in Jelly Bean. Maybe after the OTA?
17th July 2012, 11:54 AM |#3  
Flag Tel-Aviv
Thanks Meter: 4

More
When one creates an APK, it has a manifest file containing a property called uses-sdk. This property has minSdk and maxSdk attributes.
My guess is that it's limited/maxed to ICS SDK version (which is 15), rather then JB SDK number (16).
17th July 2012, 12:43 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cossin

Hi.. since nobody post an answer and has some views, i think you already got the answer, probably an incompatible JB apk, as an example Flash player will not be supported in Jelly Bean. Maybe after the OTA?

yeah flash is incompatible with JB if u trying to install it from play store, although u can still install flash on ur JB, it will most likely crush ur browsers every time u will try to access pages with flash content.
18th July 2012, 05:35 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg2826

yeah flash is incompatible with JB if u trying to install it from play store, although u can still install flash on ur JB, it will most likely crush ur browsers every time u will try to access pages with flash content.

This doesn't have anything to do with Flash, I am getting this too on both the SDK port (4.1) And the newer built-from-source ports (4.1.1)
Code:
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_APK]
No matter what apk I try to install from the adb command line.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fitchman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Fitchman Ad-Free
19th July 2012, 03:01 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I get this same message when trying to do "adb install" on a a JB rom. I dont know why though
19th July 2012, 02:04 PM |#7  

More
I've just installed 4.1.1 and have just the same issue
logcat says Unable to open zip '/data/local/tmp/myapp': Permission denied and fails. but when I copy apk to sdcard and installing it from file manager everything works just fine.
19th July 2012, 02:51 PM |#8  
Flag Baku
Thanks Meter: 334

Donate to Me
More
i have the same problem, cant use phone for dev
19th July 2012, 06:41 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I have the same issue. After getting the installation error, I looked at the file permissions on my device in the /data/local/tmp directory. They are 600 and owned by root:root. I believe these file permissions need to be 666, but I don't know how to get them to be set correctly. Connecting via adb and running 'umask' shows 077 and my co-worker's umask is 000 and his phone (galaxy nexus with JB) works just fine. I am guessing somehow adb's umask is wrong and I have no idea how to get it set correctly.

BTW: I have i9020a
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jolo72 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jolo72 Ad-Free
3rd August 2012, 10:02 AM |#10  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
What I ended up doing was downloading a App installer off the market. and placing the APK file on my phone and installing it using the app installer. Works wonders
3rd August 2012, 11:24 PM |#11  

More
i need help gettng these modded jb apps on my phone
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1774262
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)