[Q] Nexus S Softbrick fix?

Search This thread

OrbitGum22

Jun 14, 2013
Champaign
I have a Nexus S (Model i9020, I think it's the Korean version since the letters behind the battery are Korean) and I wanted to install one of the custom KitKat ROMs available in the development section. I should have known there was gonna be a problem when the phone wouldn't connect to the computer (Windows 7 was saying there was an issue identifying the device). When that happened, I decided to download the ROM (and GApps) from the phone and then install it via CWM. Here's where it messed up: I factory reset, wiped cache, etc. then install via SD card. It acted like it was gonna install, then came back with Error: Status 7. Now my phone is soft bricked (I can get into download mode and all that). I tried installing drivers for the phone, to no avail. Mounting USB storage doesn't work. Before you ask, I do have experience flashing ROMs on two different phones. What can I do? If I can't do anything it's not that big of a deal since I have another phone I'm currently using. I don't want to have to install Ubuntu just to fix this.

Last edited:

Rushabh22

Feb 5, 2013
Ahmedabad
Same problem happened today with me because I am on older version of CWM recovery and trying to flash 4.4 ROM so, latest cwm is required when you flash KitKat..
I know what happened with me so, I flash recovery by command prompt after that every thing are fine..
I am using this command to flash recovery FASTBOOT FLASH RECOVERY (RECOVERY NANE).IMG

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app

OrbitGum22

Jun 14, 2013
Champaign
Same problem happened today with me because I am on older version of CWM recovery and trying to flash 4.4 ROM so, latest cwm is required when you flash KitKat..
I know what happened with me so, I flash recovery by command prompt after that every thing are fine..
I am using this command to flash recovery FASTBOOT FLASH RECOVERY (RECOVERY NANE).IMG

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app

But how am I supposed to do that if my PC doesn't recognize the phone? Fastboot and adb won't do anything.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nobody bothered to help me, and I fixed it myself. The issue was that I had a bad USB cable, haha!