FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Nexus S Stock ICS stuck on Google

26 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By kashifmeh, Junior Member on 5th February 2012, 02:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

I have a stock Nexus S with ICS (4.0.3) manually installed over 2.3.6 (Vodafone UK). My phone has started acting strangly over the last couple of weeks where it would get stuck at the Google logo. I have taken out the battery and then inserted it back again and then it always used to work.

Today, the kids made a snowman and I took it out to take a picture. Turned on the camera but could not press the button for taking the pic. Turned off the phone but when turned back on, it was stuck at Google. I have taken out the battery several times but it is still stuck at the google logo.

It is highly unlikely that water got into it as I have a protective cover and it was not dropped.

I have tried to get it into recovery but I cannot go beyond the initial screen. When I click on recovery, it gets stuck at the Google logo again.

Many thanks in advance.

5th February 2012, 03:47 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
5th February 2012, 09:13 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Hi,

Thanks so much. Unfortunately, I have a weird problem as I am unable to unlock the bootloader. I typed "fastboot oem unlock" and then, it give me a prompt so ask whether I was sure etc. etc. I click on the volume up, selected yes and then clicked the power button.

The bootloader screen still says "LOCKED STATE - LOCKED".

Please help....
5th February 2012, 11:06 PM |#4  

More
6th February 2012, 05:40 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Hi, the download link is not working.

Thanks.
6th February 2012, 06:13 AM |#6  

More
6th February 2012, 06:38 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Hi,

Managed to download the file the second time, thanks. The following error message appeared when I executed the command:

sending 'bootloader' (1536 KB)... OKAY
writing 'bootloader'... FAILED (remote: Bootloader Locked - Use "fastboot oem un
lock" to Unlock)

Off course, fastboot oem unlock does not work....

What to do now?
6th February 2012, 07:26 AM |#8  

More
7th February 2012, 04:58 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Thank you very much. U are a star. I will now try Vodafone warranty/support and just take it from there.
7th February 2012, 12:29 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Having just suffered the same problem (unrooted not unlocked) with my Nexus S (stuck on Google screen at boot up and recovery doing nowt - clearing cache not working) I did the crazy thing of removing the battery and warming the phone with a hair-dryer then when it was warm stuck battery back in and suddenly it boots OK! Phone works ok but I think I still have the problem although at the moment I'm not prepared to turn it off to check.
I'm not sure why this worked, and I still think something is either wrong with the phone or ICS 4.0.3 - anyone?
7th February 2012, 12:46 PM |#11  

More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)