By kashifmeh, Junior Member on 5th February 2012, 02:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th February 2012, 12:46 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 55

More

9th February 2012, 09:38 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm seeing a bunch of people having the issue after the ICS OTA including myself. It has to be something with the update.

Right my phone is bootlooping and cannot unlock the bootloader in fastboot. I am hoping to be in touch with Adam about the resurrector, since it seems to not be working with the t-mobile version.
10th February 2012, 07:01 AM |#13  
OP Junior Member

More
It may be sensible to downgrade back to 2.3.6 while this problem is sorted. Our smartphones are a very important part of lives and up-time is more important than extra functionality.

How would that work considering that the bootloader cannot be unlocked and we cannot boot into recovery? The resurrector???
10th February 2012, 02:38 PM |#14  

More
The Following User Says Thank You to Election Day For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Election Day Ad-Free
10th February 2012, 05:58 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
The problem a few of you here are describing are a classical Nexus S problem, it burns out the mainboard , the so called PBA ( phone board assembly )

turn it in at your nearest service center, say that you get stuck at the google logo with the 4 buttons lit up, which i take is your case even though you pull out your battery and stick it back in, i had the same problem, in the start it worked just fine with taking out battery and putting it back in, but it got worse over time and suddenly when i ran out of power one day, i couldn't for the life of me boot my phone back up again, must have taken out the battery 25-50 times and try to boot it.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/...bd5ab761&hl=en

big thread about it here.
The Following User Says Thank You to kwaidan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kwaidan Ad-Free
10th February 2012, 09:08 PM |#16  
OP Junior Member

More
So, what you are saying is that because the mainboard has burned out, it is stuck at the Google logo?
10th February 2012, 09:31 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashifmeh

So, what you are saying is that because the mainboard has burned out, it is stuck at the Google logo?

Basicly yes, because it cannot boot from the internal sd card when it's burned out, if you read that thread in the link i posted, you will see that your far from the only one with that problem, i had it and turned it in at my nearest service center, took them 6 days, i delivered it the 2nd feb and got mine back the 8th, a weekend was included in those days, so if you deliver yours on monday, you should have it back by friday latest , its covered by the basic 2 year warranty from samsung, its a known problem they have.
The Following User Says Thank You to kwaidan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kwaidan Ad-Free
14th February 2012, 10:33 PM |#18  
OP Junior Member

More
Hi,

Just got my phone back from Vodafone. The covering letter confirmed that the main board has been replaced and it is now working fine.

However, it is now at 2.3.4, which is a shame. Strangely, the baseband version is still I9023XXKD1. build number is GRJ22. Wonder whether I will ever get an OTA update to ICS with this configuration??

Many thanks to everyone for their help.
15th February 2012, 02:08 PM |#19  

More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)