Nexus S won't go into recovery?

Search This thread

carolinaguy99

Aug 2, 2010
I am trying to unroot my nexus s. I can't get back into recovery mode at all. I get the android guy and a ! screen. trying over and over still gets me back to this screen...... what to do?

Feb 7, 2009
Austin, TX
Vol UP and POWER will take you to the bootloader.

fastboot boot clockworkrecovery.img

you should now be in clockwork recovery. It will revert back to stock on reboot, so you will need to mount system and rename the install-recovery.sh to install-recovery.old

I believe it is in the system/etc/

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot flash recovery clockworkrecovery.img (this will replace the stock recovery)

Reactions: trickle_on

carolinaguy99

Aug 2, 2010
I dont have clockwork recovery on my device..... I kind of need a dumbed down walk though. I tried the unlokr's walkthrough and thats when I found my device won't go into recovery mode. It tries and then goes to the above mentioned screen.

J

JupiterDroid

that thread helped me in no way shape or form...... :(

You are unrooted and completely stock it sounds. If you want Clockwork installed you will have to unlock the bootloader, fastboot OEM unlock, then root or leave it unrooted;)

JD

Sent from my Google Black Neolithic Slab Of Wonderment S

snoobar

May 14, 2010

you should now be in clockwork recovery. It will revert back to stock on reboot, so you will need to mount system and rename the install-recovery.sh to install-recovery.old

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot flash recovery clockworkrecovery.img (this will replace the stock recovery)

yeah, but what if the user cant find the "install-recovery.sh" file? for instance my "etc" folder doesnt have that file and i'm rooted.

kirby_blue

Dec 25, 2010
I had trouble going to the recovery menu when trying to manually update to 2.3.3: when you see the android robot with the exclamation sign after selecting recovery, you're supposed to press vol up + power again to access the file selection menu. However, pressing the combination would do nothing for me unless I pressed it like 10 times. Then I would glimpse the recovery menu and the phone rebooted unexpectedly.

After an hour or so of random unwanted reboot cycles, I pulled the battery out, put it back in, tried again the exact same way I had just been trying and it eventually worked.

Don't know if it has anything to do with your issue but maybe it helps?

kponti

Jul 31, 2010
dtown
Actually I figured out how to get into recovery with the exclamation mark and andriod moniker on screen.
Use the vol up and power key and simply press them at the same time and release both immediately.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

adb reboot bootloader