reccomend a rom?

Search This thread

tevil

Aug 10, 2011
New Haven, CT
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I was going to try the ICS port but dont want to ruin the true one when its out, plus i read GPS is so so and I need that for my running apps.

Ive tried a few but always lean back to stock, but am getting ancy. Can anyone reccomend a nice clean ROM that works well with all the apps and is good on battery.

I might go back to SuperOSR but wanted something different. Tried CY7, Zulu, and like one or two more.
thanks

v3rk

Jul 23, 2010
Carbon is pretty awesome. Its oxygen based so it is IMHO faster and much more stable than cyanogen

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk

+1 to carbon!

i'm always confused when i see people recommend cm because frankly, in my experience, it runs like junk on this phone.

dpeeps74

Oct 28, 2009
Austin
Cm7 runs very stable for me, even on my old heroc that was barely half the phone this one is, with the same apps/launcher setup.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G running CM7/franco.Kernel

brrip

Dec 25, 2009
personally i'd say miui over cm7. i was so frustrated with cm7 i wanted to sell my phone. it's a bit better now but it's so hard to switch back to cm7 after getting used to the dialer, sms app and themability of miui. and the stability. all i ever got from cm7 was reboot loops and phone hangs that made me miss my alarms.

al_madd

May 17, 2011
personally i'd say miui over cm7. i was so frustrated with cm7 i wanted to sell my phone. it's a bit better now but it's so hard to switch back to cm7 after getting used to the dialer, sms app and themability of miui. and the stability. all i ever got from cm7 was reboot loops and phone hangs that made me miss my alarms.

Try oxygen then...

CM 7.1 running great for me indeed

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

jark99

Sep 17, 2010
Nscollab is awesome very stable

irizwan

Aug 16, 2011
Jeddah
Oxygen and GPA19 :D THE BEST ROMS YET (per my exp) your free to try 'em there minimal no flashy stuff tho just speed and stability =]

SalsaForte

Dec 11, 2010
Montreal
comobi.ca
Recap...

CM7 = Stability issue for some...
Carbon/Oxygen = Stable/recommended...
MIUI = Stable, alternate experience "no pure google".

I juste got my Nexus S, I quickly rooted and and installed CM7. I was use to it: had a Nexus One.

But, I experience some instability/crash. If my latest nightly doesn't fix it I'll try Cabon/Oxygen.

scott8281

Aug 22, 2010
Paris Ky
I was going to try the ICS port but dont want to ruin the true one when its out, plus i read GPS is so so and I need that for my running apps.

Ive tried a few but always lean back to stock, but am getting ancy. Can anyone reccomend a nice clean ROM that works well with all the apps and is good on battery.

I might go back to SuperOSR but wanted something different. Tried CY7, Zulu, and like one or two more.
thanks
I would recommend CM7 or Pete Alfoso's ROM or CM7 with Petes Kernel..its much more stable

djwyman

Oct 28, 2010
Lake Charles LA
What exactly is different between oxygen and carbon?

I really like oxygen for all that it is how ever I am nit picky and don't like that it has a different boot animation than stock and I can't seem to change it on that rom like I have been able to on others. That being said I am running NSCollab and like it a lot though I do wish it was more clean like oxygen but like that it retains stock boot animation yet has all the features on it that I like. But if anyone knows how to give oxygen a stock boot animation I would jump ship quick.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

red_skittles

Sep 7, 2011
Toronto
i'm not sure of the exact differences, but i can report that carbon feels much more snappy and smooth. i also happen to get better benchmark scores with carbon.

The only differences iirc is that it is themed and has some speed optimizations. The latest Oxygen includes all these tweaks so the only difference now is the themeing.

in response to the original question, if you want every possible feature and option go for CM. if you want a stock experience Oxygen or GPA19. And even though Ive never used it i would suggest muiu just because its so different to everything else out there

dvno

Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
What exactly is different between oxygen and carbon?

I really like oxygen for all that it is how ever I am nit picky and don't like that it has a different boot animation than stock and I can't seem to change it on that rom like I have been able to on others. That being said I am running NSCollab and like it a lot though I do wish it was more clean like oxygen but like that it retains stock boot animation yet has all the features on it that I like. But if anyone knows how to give oxygen a stock boot animation I would jump ship quick.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Come on man. So youre saying you don't want to use oxygen because of a boot animation?!?!? That makes absolutley no sense at all.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Carbon is pretty awesome. Its oxygen based so it is IMHO faster and much more stable than cyanogen

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk