Bootloader Version - D720SPRKC5
Baseband Version - D720SPRLCI
Carrier Inro - SPR
Serial Number 32300E25C33500EC
Lock State - Locked

options to select
Reboot Bootloader (gives me exact same screen) except it only says "Fastboot"
Reboot Back to the "FASTBOOT MODE - NO BOOT OR RECOVERY IMG"
Recovery (Can boot to CWM but I can't mount anything)
Power OFF (That works fine)

Then the little green man and the android logo
Followed by USB Control INIT
USB Control INIT End
STANDARD_SET_CONFIGURATION

Conventional wisdom says download some files and fix via fastboot. However in fastbootI can't run ANY of the steps without running FASTBOOT OEM UNLOCK. When I run it my phone asks if I really want to unlock the bootloader. when I choose YEs and hit power it just freezes there.

My next thought Boot to recovery and restore. A restore through recovery followed by a reboot leads me back to the original no boot or recovery img.

Okay I'll just sideload a working rom by mounting usb storage. Then I can flash it with CWM and be up and running.
but when I try to do mount the USB Storage I get "E:Unable to write to ums 1unfile (No such file or directory)"

Finally, Last ditch Effort, I'll load up ODIN and use that to put on a working recovery. there's forums all over the place explaining how to do that right? Well yes, but the links to the Tar file are all broken.

What next my friends? I'd really like to get this phone working.

!Lür

Nov 4, 2010
Same situation for me, because i pressed "Reboot" in CWM without having flashed a Rom (stupid :eek: ). Broken power button, hanging on Google logo or in Fastboot mode.

I hope RTK will help me :good: :laugh:

Edit: I have no idea how to revive my Nexus S. Status: Broken Power button, Bootloop, can access Fastbood Mode but dont select someting, Bootloader unlocked, RTK doesn´t find any devices in Fastboot Mode, Device is rooted and has CWM

Last edited:

swing4thefence

Jul 31, 2012
Salt Lake City
Same situation for me, because i pressed "Reboot" in CWM without having flashed a Rom (stupid :eek: ). Broken power button, hanging on Google logo or in Fastboot mode.

I hope RTK will help me :good: :laugh:

Edit: I have no idea how to revive my Nexus S. Status: Broken Power button, Bootloop, can access Fastbood Mode but dont select someting, Bootloader unlocked, RTK doesn´t find any devices in Fastboot Mode, Device is rooted and has CWM

what about just using adb? Can you find it when you type fastboot devices? If so there's a command in fastboot to reboot to recovery I think.

I on the other hand am screwed. I read in another forum that it hangs on unlock because the internal memory is fubar.

!Lür

Nov 4, 2010
what about just using adb? Can you find it when you type fastboot devices? If so there's a command in fastboot to reboot to recovery I think.

I on the other hand am screwed. I read in another forum that it hangs on unlock because the internal memory is fubar.

Solution for me:
1. Turn device on into Bootloop
2. Connect it via USB (PC founds it)
3. type in CMD "adb reboot recovery"
4. device is in recovery
5. reflash everything i wanted :good:

Requirement is a working Android-SDK!

swing4thefence

Jul 31, 2012
Salt Lake City
I wish it was that easy for me. I can access recovery just fine. It's the memory I can't touch. Unless someone knows a way to fix corrupted memory...

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda app-developers app

JGAGNON10

May 22, 2011
Im having this same issue too i can still get to CWM recovery but nothing really helps from there. I can still mount my storage and put zip files on there etc but nothing seems to fix the problem...any progress?

swing4thefence

Jul 31, 2012
Salt Lake City
I wish it was that easy for me. I can access recovery just fine. It's the memory I can't touch. Unless someone knows a way to fix corrupted memory...

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda app-developers app

I think I'm going to try using my computer to mount and format the internal memory. any ideas as to the correct settings to use when I try this? at this point what have I got to lose?

Akbar89

Nov 10, 2013
Flash the stock image again using the Nexus Toolkit

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app

herecomesmaggi

Jan 20, 2013
Lucknow
Flash the stock image again using the Nexus Toolkit

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app

Wug's Nexus toolkit ?? It is stuck on bootloader unlock menu, as unlocking bootloader makes it freeze. Without unlock it doesn't flashI anything.

If there is another tool please guide me with link.

Avoid Spells!!! "Auto correct : ON"

iamsushil

Aug 15, 2014
stuck on fastboot mode(lenovo S860)

recently i've bought lenovo s860 (2GB version).....its latest updates had bugs....so i was trying to downgrade to lower version(jelly bean).....in the way i got stuck in fastboot mode......is there any way to get out of it??

Attachments

• 1408137852_tmp_DSC_0211.jpg
    1408137852_tmp_DSC_0211.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 371