FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Twitter for Android - sync contacts broken in ICS / Android 4.0.3 ?

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By aswiseman, Junior Member on 24th January 2012, 11:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I upgraded my Nexus S from Android 2.3.1 to 4.0.3 and all was well: those I follow on Twitter turned up in the new People app. But recently I ran a factory reset to try and improve battery life and since re-installing Twitter for Android it refuses to sync my contacts.

My Twitter account has been added to the Settings > Accounts & sync screen. What I get for "Sync Contacts" is: "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly". "Sync Twitter" is working fine as is syncing with googlemail accounts.

My colleague has a Samsung Galaxy Nexus (also running Android 4.0.3) and I got him to add his Twitter account to the Settings > Accounts & sync screen. He is getting the exact same problem.

Is anyone else getting this? It's been broken for a few days now.

24th January 2012, 11:54 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I'm running the AOSP oICS and it doesn't work for me either. Try to sync contacts with twitter and it just fails. NS4G.
25th January 2012, 01:40 AM |#3  
Flag Prince Edward Island
Thanks Meter: 189

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aswiseman

I upgraded my Nexus S from Android 2.3.1 to 4.0.3 and all was well: those I follow on Twitter turned up in the new People app. But recently I ran a factory reset to try and improve battery life and since re-installing Twitter for Android it refuses to sync my contacts.

My Twitter account has been added to the Settings > Accounts & sync screen. What I get for "Sync Contacts" is: "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly". "Sync Twitter" is working fine as is syncing with googlemail accounts.

My colleague has a Samsung Galaxy Nexus (also running Android 4.0.3) and I got him to add his Twitter account to the Settings > Accounts & sync screen. He is getting the exact same problem.

Is anyone else getting this? It's been broken for a few days now.

It's a problem with Twitter. It was fine a few days ago on stock Galaxy Nexus with 4.0.1 and then it just stopped working.
25th January 2012, 02:50 AM |#4  
Flag Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Mine works, but I installed from a backup so they may be gone when it updates.
25th January 2012, 07:15 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 356

Donate to Me
More
Mine also doesn't work. I submitted it as an issue to them and I recommend you guys do the same.
Submit here: https://support.twitter.com/forms/apps
26th January 2012, 01:58 PM |#6  
Flag rome
Thanks Meter: 3

More
same here with aopk kangy8, with a previous version it was good, it doesn't work with the last
27th January 2012, 12:52 PM |#7  
Flag rome

More
any news? I tried another rom, but same error
The Following User Says Thank You to margag For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift margag Ad-Free
28th January 2012, 03:24 AM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by margag

any news? I tried another rom, but same error

It's a 4.0.3 or Twitter 3.0.1 error I think, not sure. Anyway I contacted them (FWIW) and I got the basic reply:
Quote:

Hi,

Blabla thanks. Blabla assigned to an engineer. Blabla once fixed it will be posted on blabla
Sorry, thanks for being patient etc

liam

28th January 2012, 03:29 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
It worked fine for weeks, only stopped a week or so ago. Something on twitter's end.
28th January 2012, 10:27 AM |#10  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uni7

It worked fine for weeks, only stopped a week or so ago. Something on twitter's end.

Yeah I figured in the meanwhile, not app/OS version specific, lets hope they can fix it soon because my contacts are all grey and boring atm :P
30th January 2012, 02:58 AM |#11  
Flag Kedah

More
guess what..u guys are not alone. Mine also suddenly causing me similar issue since last night.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)