FORUMS

View Poll Results: Did this work for you?

Yes

34 Vote(s)
36.17%
No

60 Vote(s)
63.83%

[GUIDE] Install Google Wallet on any Device and ALL Countries

173 posts
Thanks Meter: 55

By HeroKhar, Senior Member on 2nd August 2012, 05:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th September 2012, 04:55 AM |#101  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk_ln

afaik, there's never been an issue with using the prepaid amount; it's adding other cards to the wallet and getting those ones to work that has been an issue.

True

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app
8th September 2012, 04:56 AM |#102  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers3408

I still cant get it to work on my Nexus S I9020T

-I went back to ICS got the OTA notification on my phone,
-I installed the JB OTA
-Rooted my phone
-Placed the mod google wallet in both places, data/app & system/app
-Fixed permissions

Rebooted and it gives me an error when adding the prepaid card.

That is rather odd, what dies the error say?

8th September 2012, 05:04 PM |#103  
Flag Covina (Los Angeles)
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroKhar

That is rather odd, what dies the error say?

"Error adding card" ... "Try again later"

I tried it over and over all day and it won't work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-09-08-08-04-52.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	1311422  
8th September 2012, 05:37 PM |#104  
OP Senior Member

More
Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers3408

"Error adding card" ... "Try again later"

I tried it over and over all day and it won't work.

Wow, I am sorry to hear that. I can give you two options, one is that you can modify your "build.prop" from app like "ROM Toolbox Lite" (Play Store) and using this guide, two, you can try this guide. Good luck to you sir.
10th September 2012, 03:30 AM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiftyEight

I bought a Vanilla Prepaid Mastercard at Shoppers Drug Mart in Toronto, my Google account is from Canada - however I went into my account details, selected products, then Google Wallet and I had been registered in Canada with a Canadian Credit Card. I changed my details to an old address from a time I was living in the US and used an old US phone number.

Then when I registered the prepaid Vanilla Mastercard I registered as "US - English" and used the zip code as saved on the Google Wallet account settings. Finally when I loaded the funds onto Wallet I entered the same address and zip code as what I had saved in my account details under the Google Wallet.

It seems for me at least that the account settings online have to match what you enter into the phone when loading a prepaid card, otherwise the card would work even if it's registered to a US zip code.

ALSO IMPORTANT TO NOTE: First the prepaid card costs $4.99 + HST. So a $50 prepaid card costs $55.64 (which is a little irritating). Also my $50 I had on the card wouldn't transfer in full because Google charges a $0.99 transaction fee. Additionally you need to factor in the exchange rate, right now it actually costs less because the Canadian dollar is higher than the American dollar.

(As an aside, the nice thing is that unlike the banks where you don't get the real exchange rate it seems like the transfer of funds with the prepaid vanilla is the real exchange rate but delayed a day. So even though I transferred funds on the weekend they used the Thursday closing exchange rate of 0.9923 rather than the Friday closing rate.)

regarding the bolded section: did you add funds from the prepaid card to the google credit card or add the prepaid card itself as a credit card?
10th September 2012, 10:38 PM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
If you have a phone with broken IMEI code, you won't be able to use Google wallet on that phone. I'm not 100% sure, but i've tried everything, and i wasn't able to add any of my cards, not even a google prepaid one. I'm not sure if that's the only problem....but i guess it is...
10th September 2012, 11:18 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 197

Donate to Me
More
All I can say is, you guys are amazing!

I've tried a few different APKs and it would all work until adding my debit card. This would always cause a FC, even though it was already added via the Google Wallet website.

Essentially, I used adb to push the file to both locations and used adb shell to chmod (to 0644) and chown (to system:system). It immediately appeared in my app drawer (no defrosting required), and my debit card immediately appeared on my card selection screen. I did have to complete a one-time setup which basically was giving my address, but the card already appeared with no intervention.

Here's my setup (current signature but my setup may change):
Phone: Samsung Nexus S, GT-I9020A
ROM: BAKED Crespo BlackBean-3 (ebs512)
Kernel: Matrix v22.5, deadline/ondemand, 200/1000 (mathkid95)

UPDATE: I can confirm that my debit card used via Google Wallet works. I went to McDonald's on my way home from work and it worked perfectly. The charge showed on my bank account this morning as expected ("Google *McDonalds...").
11th September 2012, 04:56 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenhi

If you have a phone with broken IMEI code, you won't be able to use Google wallet on that phone. I'm not 100% sure, but i've tried everything, and i wasn't able to add any of my cards, not even a google prepaid one. I'm not sure if that's the only problem....but i guess it is...

the google prepaid option will be gone after the 17th; you wont be able to re-add the card after sept 17 and it will be gone completely after oct 17. so make sure to use whatever funds you have on it before the 17th of sept to be safe.

also, i'm thinking that perhaps your broken imei may also be linked to a broken secure element which wallet relies on. i could be wrong, but it's just a thought.
12th September 2012, 03:21 AM |#109  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercilessLTD

All I can say is, you guys are amazing!

I've tried a few different APKs and it would all work until adding my debit card. This would always cause a FC, even though it was already added via the Google Wallet website.

Essentially, I used adb to push the file to both locations and used adb shell to chmod (to 0644) and chown (to system:system). It immediately appeared in my app drawer (no defrosting required), and my debit card immediately appeared on my card selection screen. I did have to complete a one-time setup which basically was giving my address, but the card already appeared with no intervention.

Here's my setup (current signature but my setup may change):
Phone: Samsung Nexus S, GT-I9020A
ROM: BAKED Crespo BlackBean-3 (ebs512)
Kernel: Matrix v22.5, deadline/ondemand, 200/1000 (mathkid95)

UPDATE: I can confirm that my debit card used via Google Wallet works. I went to McDonald's on my way home from work and it worked perfectly. The charge showed on my bank account this morning as expected ("Google *McDonalds...").

Excellent! I'm glad I could help you out! There's always a +Thanks and Donation Options
The Following User Says Thank You to HeroKhar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HeroKhar Ad-Free
14th September 2012, 04:27 PM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
If you aren't having luck this worked for me.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1794727

Works with all carriers. Just be sure to get the right files. Follow the steps exactly. Piece of cake.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
15th September 2012, 04:52 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
looks like google just updated wallet again, doesnt work anymore. Now it's version 1.5 R79 v5 *boo!*
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
google wallet, guide, herokhar, nfc, rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)