FORUMS

[DISCUSSION] Switchroot Android Port

1,336 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,550

By langer hans, Senior Member on 18th June 2019, 05:46 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread

Introduction
This is a general discussion thread about our efforts to bring Android to the Nintendo Switch. (This post will see updates, we just wanted to get the ball going)

Current state of the project
The base for this port is LineageOS 15.1. As of now most things you'd expect work. WiFi, Bluetooth, Audio, Dock, JoyCons via Bluetooth only for now. Full sleep does not work yet so battery runtime is not great, but this is something that's being worked on. As of yesterday Android can be booted with the hekate bootloader and entering TWRP works by simply holding VOL- while booting. There is still a bunch of stuff to do until this can see a full release. Especially the setup process is something that's being worked on making simpler.

How to keep in touch
Feel free to ask questions here (apart from ETAs obviously). Once we have a public build we'll open a DevDB project too.
We are currently posting updates on Twitter as we go along at https://twitter.com/switchroot_org
We'll have a Discord server too once the builds go public. A little more patience please.
The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to langer hans For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift langer hans Ad-Free
18th June 2019, 07:12 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Posted in the last couple of days by @switchroot_org

The Following User Says Thank You to Osga21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Osga21 Ad-Free
18th June 2019, 07:38 PM |#3  
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 647

More
Welp, I sold my Switch, now I'll probably buy another Switch... Obviously getting the device stable is the priority at the moment, but I am still wondering if the overclocking feature will also be here for us as well? Since I can't imagine running 1ghz a57 on Android is that great :P
18th June 2019, 07:39 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
The remote playing is gonna be so interesting on this
18th June 2019, 07:43 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Really, really looking forward to this. Amazing work, keep it up
18th June 2019, 08:09 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,550

More
Overclocking to 1.7GHz (which is actually normal clock really) will be supported. And we just fixed WiFi scanning so you can connect to WiFi normally instead of having to manually enter it.
Regarding remote play: GameStream should work out of the box, Steam Link has been successfully tested, so was Parsec. GeForce Now has an issue still that needs to be worked out so don't expect that in the first release I guess.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to langer hans For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift langer hans Ad-Free
GuestK00355
18th June 2019, 08:18 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Netflix work in this port ?
18th June 2019, 08:22 PM |#8  
Flag Jersey City/Long Island
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Hey, sirocyl from switchroot here. One thing I need to make clear, in case you're wondering: Your Switch needs to have an "UNPATCHED" bootrom.

You can use this guide to identify Switches by serial number; if it's manufactured/purchased before approximately June/July 2018, it should be good - but the only way to make sure is by checking the serial!
https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-i...stions.481215/
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sirocyl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sirocyl Ad-Free
18th June 2019, 08:47 PM |#9  
Flag Yorkshire
Thanks Meter: 112

More
As an owner of a vulnerable Nintendo Switch i'm really excited with the progress been made here, keep up the great work
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to InsaneNutter For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift InsaneNutter Ad-Free
18th June 2019, 08:50 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Twrp and android are inside the microsd or emmc?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xabierd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xabierd Ad-Free
18th June 2019, 08:58 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Fun times 😊
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development, lineageos, nintendo switch
Previous Thread Next Thread