FORUMS

[UNOFFICIAL] Bug Report thread for Switchroot LineageOS 15.1

188 posts
Thanks Meter: 59

Post Reply Email Thread
Code:
**Disclaimer** 

This thread is not created or maintained by the Switchroot team.
If you have any questions or concerns please ask them in their offical thread!
Quote:

I decided to create a thread dedicated to user-submitted bug reports, since the main DevDB thread seems to be constantly flooded with replies and discussions (bug reports tend to get buried rather quickly).

This is intended to make these issues easier to see for the Switchroot team, instead of them having to read through countless pages and compile a list themselves. Please only report bugs in this thread!

Quote:

Known Bugs

• Deep Sleep is currently broken
  • Auto Rotation is currently broken
  • In docked mode, the screen on the Switch itself will remain on
  • Android does not detect charging, but the console still charges
  • Some applications do not handle Joy-Con inputs correctly
  • The touchscreen will sometime detect inputs even when your finger is just floating over the screen
  • When booting into Android, you will receive an error stating 'System Not Responding' (just click 'Wait' and the problem should subside until the following boot)
  • Screenshots are currently broken
  • WiFi may stop working at random, if this happens just reboot
  • If your TV or monitor looks odd and grainy when in docked mode, trying un-docking and re-docking a few times
  • In docked mode, the TV keyboard will not work with a gamepad
  • SELinux is currently disabled
  • You can't access the FAT32 partition on the SD Card on macOS, Windows and Linux work as intended

Quote:

User-Submitted Bugs

• Third-party docks seem to be iffy with compatibility, but may work (give it a try!)
  • OpenGL rendering does not work in Dolphin Emulator
  • Joy-Con (A,X,B,Y,) inputs are swapped
  • While docked, audio does not output while using GeForce Now
  • Some apps have small black bars on the right side and bottom of the screen while running in Immersive (fullscreen) mode. Disabling the navigation bar and using a gesture-based navigation app such as Fluid Navigation Gestures seems to be a temporary workaround.
  • Lowering screen DPI below 600 causes the navigation buttons to glitch out whilst in Portrait mode
  • Adding on to the Known Bug regarding the touch screen, overall touch screen sensitivity seems to be overly-sensitive in both Android and TWRP
  • Some users report receiving a 'License Verification Failed" error upon opening Shield exclusive games, even with Shield-ifer installed
  • USB MTP does not currently function when plugged into PC
  • Some users report that while in docked mode and using an Ethernet adapter, certain applications may not recognize an internet connection
  • The network activity option in the status bar displays 0mbps up/down, regardless of network activity
  • Some users report that while in the Recents screen, application thumbnails are not appearing
  • All consoles seem to share the same MAC Address while running Android, instead of generating a unique one as intended
  • The analog sticks on the Joy-Cons report only being able to move in 8 directions, even after flashing the "fix-joycon.zip" in the official thread
  • Some users report that the time and date are reset back to defaults after shutting down or rebooting the system
  • The Nvidia Games app won't connect to the servers, even after flashing the "shield-ifier.zip" in the official thread (a workaround for this issue can be found here)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mario119 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mario119 Ad-Free
29th July 2019, 12:50 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have an Insignia Dock by Best Buy (which doesn't have any bricking reports) to use when traveling cause is much smaller. Although, it is not working on Android, while on Horizon it works just as a first-party dock. Did anyone have any luck with third-party docks? What would it needs to get it working?
29th July 2019, 01:05 AM |#3  
Flag Curitiba
Thanks Meter: 207

Donate to Me
More
My switch is really slow while running Android, probably the sdcard, but it's not slow on Ubuntu, same card. (16gb sandisk) It seems slightly better by decreasing the io read ahead to 128kb. Also download speeds on any network are about 5-15 kbps, no matter the network. Anybody else have this? I installed gapps, the nvidia app and magisk before first boot. Also flashed using win32 disk imager.
29th July 2019, 01:37 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brvnonascimento

I have an Insignia Dock by Best Buy (which doesn't have any bricking reports) to use when traveling cause is much smaller. Although, it is not working on Android, while on Horizon it works just as a first-party dock. Did anyone have any luck with third-party docks? What would it needs to get it working?

I've seen others on the DevDB thread have similar issues with third-party docks, but I've yet to test with mine. Ubuntu seemed to not work on mine the last time I tested it however, if that says anything. I'll have to give it a go when I have time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moronig

My switch is really slow while running Android, probably the sdcard, but it's not slow on Ubuntu, same card. (16gb sandisk) It seems slightly better by decreasing the io read ahead to 128kb. Also download speeds on any network are about 5-15 kbps, no matter the network. Anybody else have this? I installed gapps, the nvidia app and magisk before first boot. Also flashed using win32 disk imager.

I can confirm this issue as well. I have a pretty speedy Samsung EVO Select U3 microSD, but system responsiveness seems rather lackluster until an app loads itself into memory. Not sure if this is the fault Android running off an SD Card or not.

A bit off topic, but another bug I noticed are that app screenshots on the Recents screen seem to be broken for me. If anyone could confirm this that'd be great.
29th July 2019, 02:38 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Looks like screenshots don't work. It keeps saying no permission when I try to take a screen shot.
29th July 2019, 03:31 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by razers7t8

Looks like screenshots don't work. It keeps saying no permission when I try to take a screen shot.

Can confirm this, but it's actually already a known bug according to the devs.
29th July 2019, 04:38 AM |#7  
Flag Kalasin
Thanks Meter: 1

More
System ui force closed
29th July 2019, 04:50 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazuke0703

System ui force closed

Is this on boot, or does it just happen at random? Because if it's the prior that's actually a known bug.
29th July 2019, 04:59 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario119

I've seen others on the DevDB thread have similar issues with third-party docks, but I've yet to test with mine. Ubuntu seemed to not work on mine the last time I tested it however, if that says anything. I'll have to give it a go when I have time.

I can confirm this issue as well. I have a pretty speedy Samsung EVO Select U3 microSD, but system responsiveness seems rather lackluster until an app loads itself into memory. Not sure if this is the fault Android running off an SD Card or not.

A bit off topic, but another bug I noticed are that app screenshots on the Recents screen seem to be broken for me. If anyone could confirm this that'd be great.

Have you changed your performance profile? That was a big improvement from me. I went all the way to 1700 though. I don't see much of a reason not to max her out.
29th July 2019, 05:17 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
A couple things:

- In my experience, the wifi random connection dropping issue only happens on 5GHz networks, 2.4GHz network will remain connected without interruptions.

- Some fullscreen apps (mostly games I've tried out, like Portal and Super Hexagon) have small-ish black bars on the right side and bottom of the screen while running in fullscreen mode, it seems this has something to do with the nav buttons but even using a setting that allows the nav bar to auto-hide will still cause these black bars to appear in fullscreen games.

- Lowering screen DPI below 600 in portrait orientation causes all of the nav buttons at the bottom of the screen to stop working properly (it seems below 600 dpi that they end up stacking all on top of one another in the middle where the home button should be), note that this issue does not happen in landscape orientation.

I think there are a few more reproducible bugs I've encountered but I don't remember them right now, will edit or post another reply if I think of/encounter any more.

Edit: another thing, but I'm not sure if this is actually a bug. Is it normal for a joy-con or pro controller connected via bluetooth to continue cycling through player indicator LEDs as if they were still searching for devices/in pairing mode? I haven't ever needed to connect my switch controllers/joycons to another device so I'm not sure if this is normal.

Edit 2: OpenGL rendering does not work in Dolphin for Android. Not sure if that's an actual 'bug' either.
29th July 2019, 05:23 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
A couple of things i came across

Joycons buttons are swapped when using moonlight/geforce now
Geforce now in docked mode audio stops working
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)