[UNOFFICIAL] Bug Report thread for Switchroot LineageOS 15.1

188 posts
Thanks Meter: 59

Post Reply Email Thread
29th July 2019, 12:48 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hello,
Thanks for everything you did Guys, i don't have so much troubles with the rom itself but i want to report a DRM error in Borderlands 2, TPS and Metal Gear. I own Borderlands 2 on my Shield TV and it works great, but on the Switch the game start and even show 3D without troubles, but a Window with a "licence verification fail" from NVIDIA prevent me to do anything... (i have installed the shield-ifier and updated nvidia apps)
Gamestream perform well but is kind of shady (even with gamma at max in games like TW3)
29th July 2019, 02:36 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Awesome to see this thread created.
Other than what has been stated, I would add the minor JoyCon LEDs when they're connected (they keep blinking around)
and the more annoying (even though I don't know if it can be fixed) touchscreen sensitivity being wayyy too jigh in twrp, making it hard to navigate.
Already posted in main thread but the reboot entry in android should probably be hidden until there is a reboot to payload function since it doesn't work and black-freezes until hard power off.
Keep up the great work!
29th July 2019, 03:11 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trohn_javolta

Hello,
I tried connecting this dock: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07GQYTJ8G/ which works perfectly fine in Horizon and L4T Ubuntu.
Now on Android charging, ethernet connection and usb works but hdmi output on tv is just 480p with messed up screen ratio.
I have found this post in the rom thread which could help: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=387
I couldn't test it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario119

I actually got around to trying my third-party dock (which I believe to be this one) and it doesn't work. The official dock works fine however. I guess it's just hit and miss with third-party docks.

I wonder if the Jumpgate Dock by Skull and Co. would work, those guys put a lot of R&D on reverse engineering the Switch's USB-C Protocol and it also works with other Android Smartphones. I've seen this post in the ROM thread as well, but I'm yet to try.
30th July 2019, 12:31 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erclalle

Awesome to see this thread created.
Other than what has been stated, I would add the minor JoyCon LEDs when they're connected (they keep blinking around)
and the more annoying (even though I don't know if it can be fixed) touchscreen sensitivity being wayyy too jigh in twrp, making it hard to navigate.
Already posted in main thread but the reboot entry in android should probably be hidden until there is a reboot to payload function since it doesn't work and black-freezes until hard power off.
Keep up the great work!

Flashing LEDs on JoyCons are not a bug, they do that with all bluetooth connections, although I wonder if someone might whip up a basic app to allow selecting player LED indicators and fix the messed-up stick input, maybe allow some basic mouse mapping or gyro stuff? Basically an app specifically for switch hardware to allow some customization. Maybe all this stuff could be baked into the ROM's settings app too, though.

And the touchscreen sensitivity feels far too high in Android as well, I can almost never type in a password correctly because of all the double-keypressing. TWRP is definitely really bad, though.
30th July 2019, 01:23 AM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSkyraw

Hello,
Thanks for everything you did Guys, i don't have so much troubles with the rom itself but i want to report a DRM error in Borderlands 2, TPS and Metal Gear. I own Borderlands 2 on my Shield TV and it works great, but on the Switch the game start and even show 3D without troubles, but a Window with a "licence verification fail" from NVIDIA prevent me to do anything... (i have installed the shield-ifier and updated nvidia apps)
Gamestream perform well but is kind of shady (even with gamma at max in games like TW3)

Don't thank me, all l did was make this thread 🙂

Anyhow, I don't own any of those games (on Android at least) but I've heard others are having the same issue. Seems to me like the Switch isn't passing some kind of DRM check. Also, trying using Moonlight instead of Gamestream, that works a lot better for me at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themelstrand

Flashing LEDs on JoyCons are not a bug, they do that with all bluetooth connections, although I wonder if someone might whip up a basic app to allow selecting player LED indicators and fix the messed-up stick input, maybe allow some basic mouse mapping or gyro stuff? Basically an app specifically for switch hardware to allow some customization. Maybe all this stuff could be baked into the ROM's settings app too, though.

And the touchscreen sensitivity feels far too high in Android as well, I can almost never type in a password correctly because of all the double-keypressing. TWRP is definitely really bad, though.

Touchscreen sensitivity is already a known bug in Android, but I too have noticed it being quite bad in TWRP as well. I'll clarify this further in the OP.

As for the Joy-Cons, I don't know the first thing about writing HID drivers lol. But this should be possible if anyone is up to the task though.
30th July 2019, 01:45 AM |#26  

More
Ethernet adapter while docked (only tested official dock) works great. However, this causes certain apps to not recognize that the device indeed does have internet and only checks for a WiFi connection. I don't have specific examples, mostly because I forgot what they were, but it's a bug nonetheless.
30th July 2019, 07:17 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 25

Donate to Me
More
Just another minor issue I've come across. It's more of a habit of mine. The network activity option in the status bar just shows 0up/0down regardless of network activity. Probably just a bottom of the list thing. lol
30th July 2019, 09:52 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
how to make lockscreen in portrait mode?
30th July 2019, 10:03 AM |#29  

More
Wifi Problem is pretty big for me, can't play without interruptions every 5 minutes (both 2.4 and 5 Ghz)
I hope for a quick fix soon.
Still, thank you for the amazing time, I already had with Android 🤷😅
30th July 2019, 05:32 PM |#30  

More
After logging in with google, it says error logging in but the account still registers. But when opening Google Play, it shows an authentication error with a retry button that doesn’t do anything.
30th July 2019, 05:42 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario119

Code:
**Disclaimer** 

This thread is not created or maintained by the Switchroot team.
If you have any questions or concerns please ask them in their DevDB thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarvinMalig

I was able to accomplish this with an app from the Play Store called "lock screen rotation".
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)