FORUMS

[Help] xCloud/Game Stream on switch

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By Garlot, Junior Member on 3rd December 2019, 10:09 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

I'm trying to run the beta app of xCloud and game streaming. Xcloud runs perfectly but it requieres an Xbox One controller conected (wired or BT). As joy-cons are not recognized as an Xone controller, does anyone knows an app to make them visible as an Xone controller or knows how to provide other method to make them capable of working?

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Garlot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Garlot Ad-Free
10th December 2019, 05:32 PM |#2  
Flag Omsk

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garlot

does anyone knows an app to make them visible as an Xone controller or knows how to provide other method to make them capable of working?
Thanks

Same question here.
20th February 2020, 07:40 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Hi,

I'm trying to run the beta app of xCloud and game streaming. Xcloud runs perfectly but it requieres an Xbox One controller conected (wired or BT). As joy-cons are not recognized as an Xone controller, does anyone knows an app to make them visible as an Xone controller or knows how to provide other method to make them capable of working?

Thanks

Mine works without doing anything just two same red controllers connected as bluetooth.
20th February 2020, 08:03 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by highorbital

Mine works without doing anything just two same red controllers connected as bluetooth.

Really? In my case, with last joycon-fix (the one that enables Rthumb and LThumb buttons and RZ and LZ as axis) i could play xcloud, but with xbox streaming any axis key I pressed it acted as if RZ and LZ were also pressed, making it unable to play until I modified the .kl file (joycon-fix). If anyone has the same problem i could upload the joycon-fix I created to fix it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Garlot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Garlot Ad-Free
4th March 2020, 01:49 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

Really? In my case, with last joycon-fix (the one that enables Rthumb and LThumb buttons and RZ and LZ as axis) i could play xcloud, but with xbox streaming any axis key I pressed it acted as if RZ and LZ were also pressed, making it unable to play until I modified the .kl file (joycon-fix). If anyone has the same problem i could upload the joycon-fix I created to fix it.

Hello, could you upload this fix, I am with the same problem
9th March 2020, 06:11 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbigailDummer

Hello, could you upload this fix, I am with the same problem

Same here!

@Garlot Can you please share the modified Joy-Con Fix you created? I'm dying to use Xbox Console streaming with the Nintendo Switch in Portable Mode but could never get the App to recognize the Joycons as an Xbox One Controller.
9th March 2020, 06:39 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Hi,

This is the fix I did to work:

fix-joycon.zip

If you want to create your own zip the kl is the following:

key 304 BUTTON_B
key 305 BUTTON_A
key 308 BUTTON_X
key 307 BUTTON_Y
key 315 BUTTON_START
key 314 BUTTON_SELECT
key 310 BUTTON_L1
key 311 BUTTON_R1
key 318 BUTTON_THUMBR
key 312 BUTTON_L2
key 313 BUTTON_R2
key 317 BUTTON_THUMBL
key 316 HOME
key 306 BACK

axis 0x00 X
axis 0x01 Y
axis 0x02 Z
axis 0x05 RZ

axis 0x10 HAT_X
axis 0x11 HAT_Y
axis 0x14 split 0x01 RX BRAKE
axis 0x15 split 0x01 RY GAS

Hope it works for all of you!
10th March 2020, 09:19 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
It's working perfectly for me now, thank you
13th March 2020, 03:03 PM |#9  

More
This works beautifully!!! I just played a session of Gears of War: Ultimate Edition all from the comfort of the Nintendo Switch in Portable Mode!

@Garlot Do you mind if I ask how you figured this out? Thanks so much again for your help.
21st April 2020, 02:15 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZildjianMan5589

This works beautifully!!! I just played a session of Gears of War: Ultimate Edition all from the comfort of the Nintendo Switch in Portable Mode!

@Garlot Do you mind if I ask how you figured this out? Thanks so much again for your help.

Hi @ZildjianMan5589,

No, problem! I can explain what I remember.
First I saw in xbox streaming that anytime I started the sesion, and while in the xbox one main page pressed any "axis" key, the page went to the down as if RZ was pressed.
I tried several .kl configurations: commenting any axis one by one. But didn't work. Anytime axis 0x14 and 0x15 were uncommented any other axis key preseed in the xbox game strream it acted also as if RZ/LZ was pressed. At this point I didn't know what to do, but an apk I tried to change the gamepad button map gave me the clue. In that apk you can test any joycon(or any gamepad connected) button and check the result.
For example you press button "A" and read "BUTTON_A" (or the one you have in your .kl file) with also the value given by the key (axis go from a minimum value to a maximum).
The surprise was that any axis button I pressed it activated also AXIS_GAS and AXIS_BRAKE with values of 1.0, so I needed to get rid of that faulty values.
The only way I found checking Android manual for key layout files was to divide values received for key 0x14 and key 0x15 (LZ and RZ) and assign them to more than one key, so that way I could assign values before 1.0 to some keys not used (as RX and RY for example). That is the meaning of the lines:

axis 0x14 split 0x01 RX BRAKE
axis 0x15 split 0x01 RY GAS

Hope its useful for everyone and maybe someone with this finds a better solution.

By the way, analogs don't work really well. For example in Fifa soccer game, is a pain trying to point where to shot a penalty or a free kick. I guess it's something related with the analog deadzone, but haven't tested it so much.
11th May 2020, 08:05 PM |#11  

More
Is the connection terrible just for me? Keeps freezing and lagging, but it works perfectly on my Android phone under the same network...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)