FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] How to unlock the bootloader of Nokia 2.1 and 2.1V

327 posts
Thanks Meter: 474

Post Reply Email Thread
The overall procedure is too simple, let me tell you how.
UPDATE: Looks like it's also applicable on Nokia 2.1 V by analyzing aboot. So previous NB1-Collision reserved as reference of EDL method, in case HMD may block it soon.

Please let me know if it doesn't work on your current firmware version. I'm working on make the overall procedure much more stable.

UPDATE: Looks like NB1-Collision is the only way to unlock the bootloader. Please read this topic to acquire the tool and attempt to unlock it: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...php?p=79825293
If Android 9 firmware installed, phone disassembly and wire trick required.

So we recommend users unlock the phone immediately once bought.

Following procedure is archived.

Step 1: Download firmware which consists the service bootloader file

You can download it from https://fih-firmware.hikaricalyx.com/hmd_en.html#e2m
Please download E2M-0390-0-00WW-B02 one in this case. If you're using Android 9, download E2M-108C-0-00WW-B01.

Then, extract E2M-0-0390-00WW-1-2-emmc_appsboot_service.zip to get service bootloader file, and the extract password is "WLBGFIH123".

Step 2: Boot your phone to Download mode (Fastboot mode)
You can execute following command then connect your phone when powered off, or use any other method you're familiar with:
Code:
fastboot oem alive
Step 3: Flash service bootloader
Code:
fastboot oem dm-verity (md5_of_serial_number)
Surprised huh? This command is still usable on Nokia 2.1, even on Android 9 basis, not sure why.

For example, if your Serial Number is E2MGAHIKARICALYX, the md5 checksum is 0ab1b1e9f3aacc85849341cd5fb21412, then command will be:
Code:
fastboot oem dm-verity 0ab1b1e9f3aacc85849341cd5fb21412
You can simply Google a website to calculate md5 checksum of a string.

And flash service bootloader:
Code:
fastboot flash aboot /path/to/E2M-0-0390-00WW-1-2-emmc_appsboot_service.mbn
fastboot reboot-bootloader
Step 4: Unlock the bootloader
Your phone will reboot to service bootloader. Then grant unlock permission with following commands:
Code:
fastboot oem fih on
fastboot oem devlock allow_unlock
Then unlock the bootloader:
Code:
fastboot oem flashing unlock_critical
When your phone is erasing userdata, then:
Code:
fastboot oem alive
(wait for triggering to download mode)
fastboot oem fih on
fastboot oem unlock-go
All done. Your phone has unlocked bootloader.
Then reboot your phone to Download mode again and restore deviceinfo:

That wraps up the overall unlock procedure.
In case HMD will block this method, you can use EDL method to downgrade aboot partition from this article: https://forum.xda-developers.com/nok...ader-t3938072/
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hikari_calyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hikari_calyx Ad-Free

17th June 2019, 07:58 PM |#2  
Flag bhopal
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Many thanks,,
I think it would be too much to ask right now for Nokia 8.1 , but as 8.1 is very popular Nokia device right now and it's launched in many countries too,,,is it possible that we would see smthng like this for Nokia 8.1 tooo
17th June 2019, 09:54 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I'm stuck on a locked bootloader on my 6.1 plus
22nd June 2019, 08:18 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Would this work on a Nokia 2?
24th June 2019, 01:12 AM |#5  
Flag Rajshahi
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hey... How to I unlock NOKIA 2 Bootloader?... TA-1029
1st July 2019, 04:49 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
so i manually rebooted my nokia 2.1 to download mode but fastboot commands not working cuz my windows does not detect my phone i tried installing drivers manually but after fastboot commant it's stuck at <waiting for device> ,plz help guys
The Following User Says Thank You to souhail sboui For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift souhail sboui Ad-Free
2nd July 2019, 12:49 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by souhail sboui

so i manually rebooted my nokia 2.1 to download mode but fastboot commands not working cuz my windows does not detect my phone i tried installing drivers manually but after fastboot commant it's stuck at <waiting for device> ,plz help guys

Me too, I don't know what's up
2nd July 2019, 02:13 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaryguadian

Me too, I don't know what's up

when device is ON ,adb detect it and adb commands works but when on download mode fastboot commands not working it have to be a driver issue but i tried a lot but no hope
The Following User Says Thank You to souhail sboui For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift souhail sboui Ad-Free
2nd July 2019, 03:23 PM |#9  

More
Quote:

when device is ON ,adb detect it and adb commands works but when on download mode fastboot commands not working it have to be a driver issue but i tried a lot but no hope

Can someone suggest a driver we can use or a link to the WORKING nokia 2.1 drivers
The Following User Says Thank You to scaryguadian For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift scaryguadian Ad-Free
2nd July 2019, 06:19 PM |#10  

More
Quote:

oh, its already working for me, just disable signature driver if you are on window 8, 8.1 or 10 and reinstall the drivers thats all.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikari_calyx

The overall procedure is too simple, let me tell you how.
UPDATE: Looks like it's also applicable on Nokia 2.1 V by analyzing aboot. So previous NB1-Collision reserved as reference of EDL method, in case HMD may block it soon.

Please let me know if it doesn't work on your current firmware version. I'm working on make the overall procedure much more stable.

Step 1: Download firmware which consists the service bootloader file

You can download it from https://fih-firmware.hikaricalyx.com/hmd_en.html#e2m
Please download E2M-0390-0-00WW-B02 one in this case. If you're using Android 9, download E2M-108C-0-00WW-B01.

Then, extract E2M-0-0390-00WW-1-2-emmc_appsboot_service.zip to get service bootloader file, and the extract password is "WLBGFIH123".

Step 2: Boot your phone to Download mode (Fastboot mode)
You can execute following command then connect your phone when powered off, or use any other method you're familiar with:

Code:
fastboot oem alive
Step 3: Flash service bootloader
Code:
Surprised huh? This command is still usable on Nokia 2.1, even on Android 9 basis, not sure why.

For example, if your Serial Number is E2MGAHIKARICALYX, the md5 checksum is 0ab1b1e9f3aacc85849341cd5fb21412, then command will be:
Code:
fastboot oem dm-verity 0ab1b1e9f3aacc85849341cd5fb21412
You can simply Google a website to calculate md5 checksum of a string.

And flash service bootloader:
Code:
fastboot flash aboot /path/to/E2M-0-0390-00WW-1-2-emmc_appsboot_service.mbn
fastboot reboot-bootloader
Step 4: Unlock the bootloader
Your phone will reboot to service bootloader. Then grant unlock permission with following commands:
Code:
fastboot oem fih on
Then unlock the bootloader:
Code:
fastboot oem flashing unlock_critical
When your phone is erasing userdata, then:
Code:
fastboot oem alive
(wait for triggering to download mode)
fastboot oem fih on
fastboot oem unlock-go
All done. Your phone has unlocked bootloader.
Then reboot your phone to Download mode again and restore deviceinfo:

That wraps up the overall unlock procedure.
In case HMD will block this method, you can use EDL method to downgrade aboot partition from this article: https://forum.xda-developers.com/nok...ader-t3938072/

thanks a lot. I have followed the above instructions, but when I tried the second command, I got an error, here is my log

C:\Users\HP620\Documents\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot devices
E2MBA81107001697 fastboot

C:\Users\HP620\Documents\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot oem alive
OKAY [ 0.005s]
finished. total time: 0.006s

C:\Users\HP620\Documents\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot oem dm-verity 6e4b6d5
21a65f379bd4ebf94d462005e
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 0.036s
3rd July 2019, 01:18 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaryguadian

oh, its already working for me, just disable signature driver if you are on window 8, 8.1 or 10 and reinstall the drivers thats all.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

thanks a lot. I have followed the above instructions, but when I tried the second command, I got an error, here is my log

C:\Users\HP620\Documents\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot devices
E2MBA81107001697 fastboot

C:\Users\HP620\Documents\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot oem alive
OKAY [ 0.005s]
finished. total time: 0.006s

C:\Users\HP620\Documents\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot oem dm-verity 6e4b6d5
21a65f379bd4ebf94d462005e
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 0.036s

thnx but it didn't work i still can't make the fastboot commands detect the device and am sure the drivers are right
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)