FORUMS

Nokia 5.1 missing "background activity manager" option

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By JordanSTT, Junior Member on 10th January 2019, 07:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello, this is my first post here so im sorry if i don't do things right and don't know if this belongs here but here is my problem. I Bought a Nokia 5.1 from a local carrier and have been experiencing many difficulties. And yes i have been to their office and they said they didn't know anything.
The main one is that when i go to the battery section of the settings the "background activity manager" option is missing, i found it only because i have noticed that the phone kills all background process in order to make room for it's proprietary apps which are in my opinion, useless and just use up my ram.
The weirdest thing is that when I search for the option it shows it, when I tap it however it does not show, so that means that the option is hidden from the user. I have deleted the apps from ADB yet they still run so they are not dependent on the user.
My Nokia's model is TA-1075 2 GB RAM and 16GB internal storage.
The Following User Says Thank You to JordanSTT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JordanSTT Ad-Free
27th April 2019, 12:51 AM |#2  
Flag Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Its a stupid phone from a stupid brand with stupid software developers. Its the only explanation for such a stupid product. I have the same model with the same problems. Solution: Never buy Nokia again!!
15th May 2019, 02:48 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I believe I have found the definitive answer for this, after much googling around.
I have a 5.1 Plus (TA-1108) and tried the ADB disabling of evenwell apps and others but it still would stop services after restarts. I eventually found a post on the "Don't kill my phone" Github which alluded to the hidden setting of the "Duraspeed" task killer that is bundled.
The dontkillmyphone website says you can ADB in and change this hidden setting to 0, but this doesn't persist after a restart. The value will still be a 0, but it seems this task killer only reads the value after it detects a change in the value (bizarre, I know). So to disable this Duraspeed thing, you need to change the hidden setting value from something else to a 0 on each boot.

Luckliy, this is very easily done by Tasker/Macrodroid/etc. Use this post:
https://github.com/urbandroid-team/d...ment-484000884
but the short of it is to enable WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS to tasker (by running this:
adb shell pm grant net.dinglisch.android.taskerm android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
for tasker, google for your app of choice)
and then set a task that runs on boot to change a "Custom Setting", Global type, setting name setting.duraspeed.enabled to a value (doesn't matter, I use 2) and then immediately after change the same setting to 0.
I have this set up on my phone and my wifes phone and ever since they have been perfect with background services (my Garmin watch, lastpass, etc) as well as any email/notification apps.
The Following User Says Thank You to TimmieNet For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TimmieNet Ad-Free
7th September 2019, 10:36 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Apps still killed in the background
I have the exact same phone (Nokia 5.1, TA-1075), I have done the exact same steps. I even used adb to check the duraspeed is disabled. Still - the apps are killed. Whatsapp, for example, does not show incoming calls or messages unless the screen is on. IFTTT - the time-based triggers are reported as triggered within the app, but the actual expected notification shows minutes or hours later. The location-based triggers do not work.

What am I missing?
22nd September 2019, 12:35 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanSTT

Hello, this is my first post here so im sorry if i don't do things right and don't know if this belongs here but here is my problem. I Bought a Nokia 5.1 from a local carrier and have been experiencing many difficulties. And yes i have been to their office and they said they didn't know anything.
The main one is that when i go to the battery section of the settings the "background activity manager" option is missing, i found it only because i have noticed that the phone kills all background process in order to make room for it's proprietary apps which are in my opinion, useless and just use up my ram.
The weirdest thing is that when I search for the option it shows it, when I tap it however it does not show, so that means that the option is hidden from the user. I have deleted the apps from ADB yet they still run so they are not dependent on the user.
My Nokia's model is TA-1075 2 GB RAM and 16GB internal storage.

I Am Also facing nokia backgroud activity.... issu... after some time All apps closed automatically...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)