[GUIDE] Unbrick your Nokia 5

13th November 2017 10:05 AM 5 Thanks
wolfyapl Member
If your phone got stuck in 900E mode
-Hold Vol Up + Power for a few times to boot the phone to recovery mode
-Flash the ORIGINAL boot, system partitions and detele the data and cache partitions (choose flash image in TWRP for img files) (I used this yadi.sk/d/rcNFNnPp3MhtMe )
-Flash SuperSU in the recovery to patch the boot partition then reboot
If your phone got bootloop-ed
-Hold Vol Up + Power until the screen turns off then release
-Open OnlineUpdateTool (patched) and load your firmware in nb0 format
-Plug in your phone, it'll reboot to download mode
-Proceed to reflash the firmware
If your phone got stuck in 9008 mode
-Use @heineken78 's nb0 tools ( drive.google.com/file/d/0B3Wy4Ok3qGszaXhzM29YOEhrMW8 ) to extract the nb0 firmware
-Take the rawprogram, patch0 and firehose file with images in the rawprogram (search with the keyword filename) and put it inside a folder, rename according to the xml
-Load rawprogram, patch0 and firehose in QFIL, one by one to boot the phone
-You can use the firmware above for QFIL
Credits
@hikari_calyx for the method
@Quixote78 for OST and patch
Quote:

These methods should also work on Nokia 2, 6, 7 (Although firmware isn't available for Nokia 7) and 8 in theory.

And, you can use EDL cable to force enter Qualcomm 9008, which doesn't work on Nokia 8. (Nokia 7 may not work either)

13th November 2017 11:35 AM 1 Thanks
hikari_calyx Senior Member
These methods should also work on Nokia 2, 6, 7 (Although firmware isn't available for Nokia 7) and 8 in theory.

And, you can use EDL cable to force enter Qualcomm 9008, which doesn't work on Nokia 8. (Nokia 7 may not work either)

Nokia 3? It has a MT6737M processor.
14th November 2017 06:54 AM 0 Thanks
mrsilver256 Junior Member
Hi, I'm now using Mac, where can I find the onlineUpdateTool? I have googled for quite some time.
Thanks

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

Hi, I've found your onlineUpdateTool.zip, however, it requires password, could you please provide me? Tks
14th November 2017 07:59 AM 0 Thanks
Hi, actually, my case is not bootlooped, it stucks on the recovery mode screen when I turn my phone on.
Please assist.
14th November 2017 09:35 AM 0 Thanks
wolfyapl Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsilver256

Hi, actually, my case is not bootlooped, it stucks on the recovery mode screen when I turn my phone on.
Please assist.

Password is 123
For stock recovery, power off the phone and plug in with OnlineUpdateTool open (rom loaded) and proceed to reflash
For TWRP, flash boot and system, delete data and cache then SuperSU root it
14th November 2017 10:01 AM 0 Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfyapl

Password is 123
For stock recovery, power off the phone and plug in with OnlineUpdateTool open (rom loaded) and proceed to reflash
For TWRP, flash boot and system, delete data and cache then SuperSU root it

Hi,
Is the stock rom is in here (nokia 5 included in name)
//mega.nz/#F!1ENgnThL!FyL9uYCC3Dq-16elThKAPg,
do I need to extract it to get nbo file?
Thank you
14th November 2017 12:42 PM 0 Thanks
Hi,
I've run onlineUpdateTool.zip on windows 10 and it stops working all the time.
15th November 2017 02:47 AM 0 Thanks
wolfyapl Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsilver256

Hi,
I've run onlineUpdateTool.zip on windows 10 and it stops working all the time.

Have you installed it?
16th November 2017 07:24 AM 0 Thanks
mizuke Junior Member
Help me. I don't think mine is bootloop because once it shows the Powered by android logo, after a few seconds it shut itself down. I've tried multiple methods like wipe data factory reset and installing OTA zips in the recovery mode but no luck at all. Is there any way to solve this problem?

I would really appreciate all the help.
16th November 2017 09:56 AM 0 Thanks
wolfyapl Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuke

Help me. I don't think mine is bootloop because once it shows the Powered by android logo, after a few seconds it shut itself down. I've tried multiple methods like wipe data factory reset and installing OTA zips in the recovery mode but no luck at all. Is there any way to solve this problem?

I would really appreciate all the help.

If you use TWRP, reflash the ORIGINAL system.img and boot.img. Otherwise, reboot to bootloader
close
Advanced Search
close