FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] How to install Internal Android 10 build for Nokia 6.1 (non TA-1054)

363 posts
Thanks Meter: 568

Post Reply Email Thread
Quote:

If you want to repost this internal OTA to other websites (other than XDA itself), please ask me for permission, thanks.

Quote:

WARNING!
This is early internal test build, so LATER OTA UPDATES CAN'T BE GUARANTEED!
If you don't have unlocked bootloader, you'll unable to roll back to stable build!
Please be careful when testing!

To users who have installed this internal build, please share your experience report here if you're willing to, thanks.

Now I think it's time to bring you back to canary labs faster than beta labs.

Internal build version: PL2-4040-0-00WW-B01
It will be updated from: PL2-354N-0-00WW-B01, which is released October 2019 Security Update

As I've warned before - having an unlocked bootloader is strongly recommended.

So recent builds removed handy 874 dialing codes, we have to install them under recovery or Nokia Extensions.

Let me tell you how to verify:
1. Dial *#*#227#*#* to check current Version. If older than PL2-354N-0-00WW-B01, update to 354N before proceed.
FYI, 354N is October 2019 Security Update.

Alternately, you can use command "fastboot oem getversions" under fastboot mode / Download mode to check current firmware version.

2. Install PL2-4040-0-00WW-B01-354N-0-00WW-B01-update.zip with Nokia Extensions OTA Update module or adb sideload under recovery.

3. Reboot your phone.

That's it.
If minor fixes released, I will upload them as well, then use the same method to install it.
To root the phone, you may want to use Magisk 20 released October 12th, 2019 or newer.

Download link:
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to hikari_calyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hikari_calyx Ad-Free
14th October 2019, 05:28 PM |#3  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Installed it on my TA-1043.
OS installed fine over adb sideload, everything seems to be working, and it shows "5" next to my wifi icon - guess it's cause it's 5GHz, also the mobile data icon is still not AOSP and some custom thing. Menus kinda feel stutter-ish. Screenshots were broken on first boot.
14th October 2019, 06:42 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
alternate download links like google drive?
The Following User Says Thank You to natsudragneel6 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift natsudragneel6 Ad-Free
14th October 2019, 09:45 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
The update wont install
version no. :PL2-354O-0-00WW-B01
The Following User Says Thank You to natsudragneel6 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift natsudragneel6 Ad-Free
15th October 2019, 09:18 AM |#6  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Update: "Photo" mode in stock camera is broken, says "Action not support: 708". Pro mode works fine
The Following User Says Thank You to OctoNezd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OctoNezd Ad-Free
15th October 2019, 10:48 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
how to use magisk?
i tryed to patch boot on magisk and boot from ADB, but phone going n bootloop and doesn't want up
16th October 2019, 01:22 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi @hikari_calyx I'm currently on the DRG-354N-0-00WW-B01 stock build version with an unlocked bootloader. But the version on the post has PLC. Also, if after sideloading this rom I decide to go back to the October PIE update how hard will that be. Thanks.
16th October 2019, 01:34 PM |#9  
Flag Pampanga
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by solozeeh

Hi @hikari_calyx I'm currently on the DRG-354N-0-00WW-B01 stock build version with an unlocked bootloader. But the version on the post has PLC. Also, if after sideloading this rom I decide to go back to the October PIE update how hard will that be. Thanks.

Hi. DRG is Nokia 6.1 Plus. This thread is for Nokia 6.1 (2018) which is PL2.
16th October 2019, 04:24 PM |#10  
Flag Sanford
Thanks Meter: 145

Donate to Me
More
Getting error when the camera app is set to save photo to sd card.

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

So right now for me on the Internal Stock... I cannot boot any TWRP of any kind or boot any patched magisk boot img. Has anyone been able to boot either TWRP or boot a patched boot img from magisk?
17th October 2019, 04:47 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
May I ask, can Nokia 6.1 plus use this rom?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)