354 posts
Thanks Meter: 545

Post Reply Email Thread
NB1-Collision Unlocker for E1M E2M EVW ND1 D1C PLE

As mentioned in following topic before:
Nokia 5 and 6
Nokia 8.1
Nokia 2.1 and V

The NB1-Collision is a new method to unlock the bootloader freely.
In case you don't want to read the guide, here's how NB1-Collision works.
It will use existing leaks of supported devices listed below to fake your device as a Nokia 8, then the unlock key for Nokia 8 will pass new bootloader verification, then you're allowed to unlock the bootloader.
After unlocked, the tool will restore the identification of your device back, but the unlock state will be kept.

To use this method, you must request unlock key for Nokia 8 (NB1) officially, and you must know it's IMEI and SN.
If you don't have a Nokia 8, please ask other members here for help. I will not provide mine.

Technical detail
It will work with following models:
Nokia 2 (Build not newer than E1M-0580)
Nokia 2.1 and 2.1V (All Android 8.1 build)
Nokia 5 (All Android Nougat build)
Nokia 6 (All Android Nougat build, and all of my homebrew Android 8 firmware that you didn't receive any update yet)

That bundled following content:
Service aboot image from E1M-064D
Retail aboot image from E1M-0650
Service aboot image from EVW-0440
Service aboot image from D1C-331A
Retail aboot image from ND1-558K

ADB and Fastboot from Platform Tools 28 (I know V29 or probably newer released)
md5 calculator for generating the md5 checksum of serial number

TWRP for E1M/E2M/D1C with special signature attached, that will allow TWRP boot even under locked bootloader.
This also explains why Nokia 6 were rootable with locked bootloader back in 2017.

How to use

1. Install required USB Driver, which you should be familiar with.
2. Downgrade your bootloader back to suitable build. You can use either old OTA package method, EDL method or find customer care for help.
3. Download the file in attachment, extract everything and place the unlock.key file requested for Nokia 8 officially to the place where the "NB1-Collision_unlocker.cmd" located.
To help me count the download times, I attached a link in a plain text file.

4. Open the "NB1-Collision_unlocker.cmd" directly. You can review the batch source if you concern.
5. Press any key, then input the serial number and IMEI of that Nokia 8, power off your phone and connect it to PC.
If you want to save your own unlocker, you can write your own SN and IMEI into two plain text file at 16 bytes and 15 bytes, respective filenames are "fsn" and "fimei" (without extension name). In that case, it will read your existing IMEI and SN every time you use it.
6. If you're sure about everything, press any key to continue, and wait for the procedure complete.

For all models: If the phone stays at the TWRP interface when an unlock attempt is done, please reboot it to bootloader mode manually.
For Nokia 2.1 / V: It will tell you boot your phone to TWRP manually, just do it as it mentioned. To ensure every unlock attempt will success as expect, you must format userdata manually under TWRP then reboot to bootloader.
For Nokia 2.1 V Only: Flashing the unlock key will tell you "No project found", it will not affect the result at all.

If anyone can port this for macOS/Linux, it would be great.

FAQ

Q1: Can I update to Android Pie after unlocked?
A1: Yes of course, you can still update your phone.

Q2: Will the bootloader relock itself?
A2: Never. The only method to lock the bootloader is, execute the "fastboot oem lock" command under Fastboot.
HMD Nokia Phones are far more better than HLIAVVEI phones.

Q3: Can anyone post the unlock key and IMEI/SN here?
A3: Post IMEI publicly is strictly forbidden in XDA, don't attempt to violate the rules here.

Q4: Can you do it for me remotely for free or paid?
A4: No, sorry

Q5: Will it support Nokia 3.1 Plus and 5.1 Plus soon?
A5: It depends on when HMD will release official unlock for MediaTek models.

Q6: Why don't you make it available for Nokia 8.1?
A6: Not too many leaks can be used on the bootloader for Nokia 8.1 / X7 / 9 PureView.

V1.0.4.3 download counts: 60

Alternate download link on AFH: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...31924117923390

Special thanks

@sjrmac for Nokia 2 TWRP
@xinkid for Nokia 5/6 TWRP
Sean for Nokia 2.1 TWRP
FIH for these bootloader file
Attached Files
File Type: txt nb1collision_link_1044.txt - [Click for QR Code] (275 Bytes, 370 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hikari_calyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hikari_calyx Ad-Free
27th June 2019, 09:25 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wuhan

Donate to Me
More
Changelog

V1.0.4.4
- Changed the aboot image for E1M to ensure it will work as expect.

V1.0.4.3
- Initial Public Release
- Added support for E1M (untested) and E2M / EVW

V1.0.4.2
- Internal test version for ND1 and D1C / PLE
27th June 2019, 01:11 PM |#3  
Flag Việt Nam
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Can I test this method?
27th June 2019, 11:48 PM |#4  
Flag Salatiga
Thanks Meter: 70

More
so we still need nokia 8 imei and s/n to unlock bootloader with this method, but what if the nokia 8 has request unlocked bootloader ?
28th June 2019, 01:42 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wuhan

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frnsl3

so we still need nokia 8 imei and s/n to unlock bootloader with this method, but what if the nokia 8 has request unlocked bootloader ?

If you still preserves the unlock key and you didn't delete it, you can continue use it upon your device.
30th June 2019, 04:32 AM |#6  
Flag Salatiga
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikari_calyx

If you still preserves the unlock key and you didn't delete it, you can continue use it upon your device.

if i have two nokia 6, one has unlocked bootloader and save the key file.
The other one still locked bootloader, by modify id just to make like the unlock one.
I flashed the key on locked one. Is it possible ?
1st July 2019, 06:35 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikari_calyx

reserved

Sir ,sorry to ask this question in this thread
Can you please tell how I can enable dual speaker in Nokia 5 (as I Flashed Nokia 6 Rom in Nokia 5)
Everything is working fine except dual speaker which is the main reason of flashing 5 with 6 Rom
Please tell me sir
15th July 2019, 02:41 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
So anyone willing to help me?😅
16th July 2019, 06:18 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
exceeded the download limit please provide new link
24th July 2019, 04:22 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wuhan

Donate to Me
More
To subscribers of this topic:
Android File Host download link added.
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...31924117923390
25th July 2019, 03:32 AM |#11  
Flag Việt Nam
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I have an unlock.bin. If someone need it, I can provide. More Information at Mod edit - Link removed!
But my unlock.bin can't use for this tool. You much edit your deviceinfo partition with my SN and IMEI.

Mod announcement: "Telegram and Whatsapp Channels - Going Forward"
The Following User Says Thank You to Elvaa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Elvaa Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)