Nokia 6 on Amazon USA

Search This thread

Bob Coxner

Oct 10, 2010
Amazon is selling two versions, one with ads for $179 and one without ads for $229. I'm wondering if anyone knows whether the ads version will get OS upgrades and security updates at the same time as the non-ad version? The main reason I'm looking to buy one is the promise of fast upgrades/updates. I'd like to save $50 but not if it means Amazon has to approve upgrades/updates before releasing them.

https://www.amazon.com/Nokia-Unlocked-T-Mobile-Exclusive-Lockscreen/dp/B071VZKDDP/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?

Reactions: el_mariachi_4

el_mariachi_4

Apr 28, 2016
Austin
I was wondering the same thing, but to me I am going to get the non-ad version. I know myself and have a feeling the ad's will affect the performance as well as annoy me to no end

Bob Coxner

Oct 10, 2010
I've had an ad version Amazon phone before (Moto G4) and the ads were totally not a problem. If you have a persistent notification, such as a weather report, then the ad is just about 1/3 inch tall and the width of the screen. After awhile you even forget there are ads. They're only on the lockscreen, so no effect on performance. With the G4 the bootloader was locked on the ads version (to prevent people from removing the ads) and probably will be as well on the Nokia 6. What I don't know is whether OS upgrades and security updates will be affected on the ads version.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/0...zon-prime-exclusive-moto-g4-cant-be-unlocked/

Reactions: el_mariachi_4

jorgeren

Nov 8, 2012
model number of Amazon USA phone

Hi all,

Does anybody know which is the model number (TA-XXXX) from the Nokia 6 sold in Amazon USA?

Thanks!

matthewtech770

Dec 11, 2010
Brooklyn NY
Hi all,

Does anybody know which is the model number (TA-XXXX) from the Nokia 6 sold in Amazon USA?

Thanks!

It's the TA-1025 I got mine from Amazon on Friday

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

somebody posted it in the News subforum:

:confused: hello I have the TA -1025 from Amazon and I have a problem when the phone is booting up I noticed a small red pixel on the display should I return to Amazon for a replacement phone other than that there are no other problems with is got it on Friday by UPS:laugh:

Reactions: jorgeren

el_mariachi_4

Apr 28, 2016
Austin
It's the TA-1025 I got mine from Amazon on Friday

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

:confused: hello I have the TA -1025 from Amazon and I have a problem when the phone is booting up I noticed a small red pixel on the display should I return to Amazon for a replacement phone other than that there are no other problems with is got it on Friday by UPS:laugh:

I saw a couple of negative reviews on amazon, they were talking about screen discoloration as well. I would contact amazon and see what they tell you.

Unfortunately it looks like they are sold out of the ad free phones

rojocapo

Dec 11, 2011
Buenos Aires
I have two Moto G5 Plus Amazon Prime with ads The updates non-existent compared to the non-Amazon retail version of the same phone. The bootloaders are not unlockable if you buy the ad version, not even of you pay the extra $50 after the fact.
If you want a decent phone with fast updates, get a used Nexus 6P on Swappa.

matthewtech770

Dec 11, 2010
Brooklyn NY
I saw a couple of negative reviews on amazon, they were talking about screen discoloration as well. I would contact amazon and see what they tell you.

Unfortunately it looks like they are sold out of the ad free phones
I got the ad free version and the red pixel that's out is only noticed on black portion of a website so for the price I paid it's not worth returning and getting replacement with more problems:laugh:

dude2509

Jul 19, 2017
Would anyone like a son.. Free to good home

Removed question due to Amazon + Nokia agreeing to take phone back and reflash it while sending me a replacement.

Last edited:

dude2509

Jul 19, 2017
:confused:do anyone on hear know how to enter recovery mode on this phone thanks:confused::cool:

Ye to enter recovery mode some information say to press volume down + power while off and some say volume up + power however that did not work for me.
The only way I was able to do it was to follow these steps.

• Enable USB debugging option from setting>developer option>. (To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.)
  • Download ADB and fastboot driver and install it on your PC.
  • Connect your phone to the computer with USB
  • Open CMD from ADB location folder (Go to ADB install location and hit alt+D then type cmd in address bar and hit enter)
  • Test the connectivity using the following command: adb devices
  • You should get the following: List of devices attached …………………… device
  • From here to get into recovery mode use the following command: adb reboot recovery

I will say be very careful while in adb as to what you type and make sure everything is correct before you do so.
Rather than follow this it may be easier to for you to just google "How to enter recovery mode using adb" and follow instructions there.

Last edited:

kanakarkku

Apr 19, 2017
:confused:do anyone on hear know how to enter recovery mode on this phone thanks:confused::cool:
Keep USB cable connected either through computer or through power supply, restart your device. Hold volume down + power while device starting, you should see plenty of options, which are NOT usable at this moment.

I saw so many people are messing with this Nokia 6 device hoping that they could root it ?? Just to let you guys know, it's not possible yet to root this device. Without root you can't flash anything on it..

In my opinion, whoever is in struck during flashing/updating something using some images, bricked their device temporarily. You just need to wait until we get things done with rooting method for this.

Reactions: matthewtech770

imna357

Mar 31, 2010
washington, DC
Asus Zenfone 9
Got this phone today, but WiFi can't connect to our open network in the Office, it's not even showing the network, while my Sony Xperia Z4 is connected and so is my LG TABLET. Have you guys even experienced this, or it's just my unit? Thanks

aNorthernSoul

Oct 29, 2010
Keep USB cable connected either through computer or through power supply, restart your device. Hold volume down + power while device starting, you should see plenty of options, which are NOT usable at this moment.

I saw so many people are messing with this Nokia 6 device hoping that they could root it ?? Just to let you guys know, it's not possible yet to root this device. Without root you can't flash anything on it..

In my opinion, whoever is in struck during flashing/updating something using some images, bricked their device temporarily. You just need to wait until we get things done with rooting method for this.

I was able to flash mine. I had to as manually installing updates apparently soft bricks the phone. I was told when I bought mine it had the stock firmware on it but that was a lie.

Getting it into Emergency Download Mode in order to flash it is a bit of a pain though. I just wish I was able to get the stock firmware from Nokia to put on it like every other major phone company provides.

yazwas

Mar 7, 2017
I was able to flash mine. I had to as manually installing updates apparently soft bricks the phone. I was told when I bought mine it had the stock firmware on it but that was a lie.

Getting it into Emergency Download Mode in order to flash it is a bit of a pain though. I just wish I was able to get the stock firmware from Nokia to put on it like every other major phone company provides.

So I got the amazon prime Nokia 6 a few days ago, and seeing the other posts say they cannot root it.

Were you able to do that, and if so, can you please share this with us.

matthewtech770

Dec 11, 2010
Brooklyn NY
:confused: strange that I had the Nokia 6 from Amazon for 2 weeks now and the stuck red pixel I reported a few posts back has since gone away by itself is that normal now I see no stuck pixel on the screen:confused:

aNorthernSoul

Oct 29, 2010
:confused: strange that I had the Nokia 6 from Amazon for 2 weeks now and the stuck red pixel I reported a few posts back has since gone away by itself is that normal now I see no stuck pixel on the screen:confused:

Does the N6C (North American) model support the same LTE bands as the TA-1003 or does it support any different ones?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts