Thanks Meter: 4

By jaikn1985, Member on 14th November 2018, 09:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th December 2018, 09:19 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Downloaded Pie update by following steps:

- Factory reset
- Install with EN-US time and location, skip setting up wifi in installation proces
- In Security and Location settings under privacy turn location off, then connect to wifi
- Install VPN from playstore (Avira VPN free did the job for me)
- Turn on VPN with US as location (I selected USA Phoenix and manually adjusted the time on to match that location in settings to be for sure)
- Hit update ( I first got 8.1 with november security settings)
- After installing I rebootet and hit update again, then Pie update came
- Select to start Pie update, then turned off VPN when dl started
- Installed Pie
The Following User Says Thank You to donders For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift donders Ad-Free

7th December 2018, 08:26 AM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Doesn't work. No Pie update the last hour
7th December 2018, 09:25 AM |#43  
OP Member
Flag Coventry

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse256

I've TA-1095
The build that's available there is for "ctl_sprout" (you can also see that in the download link) while my device has codename "B2N"
Either I've a strange device or there is something strange going on as this site also lists them otherwise: https://github.com/yshalsager/certif...ster/README.md

ps: if you try to upgrade you see your codename before you start the sideloading. So you can see at that point what codename you have. Also if you would try with a different build the bootloader will refuse it anyway, so I don't think it's dangerous.

The same happened to me as well. When checked through *#*#227#*#* its CTL, but when went to recovery its showing B2N. Update aborted.
7th December 2018, 10:11 AM |#44  
Flag Antwerp
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaikn1985

The same happened to me as well. When checked through *#*#227#*#* its CTL, but when went to recovery its showing B2N. Update aborted.

Indeed, same here.
Also tried https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...main.myandroid -> shows that the current build fingerprint is "CTL_sprout". But recovery claims it's B2N.
So I'm starting to get worried that there seems to be a mismatch between recovery and the software?

Can anyone who already has the Pie update check what their values are? Both in the current sofware as in recovery?
The Following User Says Thank You to mouse256 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mouse256 Ad-Free
8th December 2018, 12:03 AM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donders

Downloaded Pie update by following steps:

- Factory reset
- Install with EN-US time and location, skip setting up wifi in installation proces
- In Security and Location settings under privacy turn location off, then connect to wifi
- Install VPN from playstore (Avira VPN free did the job for me)
- Turn on VPN with US as location (I selected USA Phoenix and manually adjusted the time on to match that location in settings to be for sure)
- Hit update ( I first got 8.1 with november security settings)
- After installing I rebootet and hit update again, then Pie update came
- Select to start Pie update, then turned off VPN when dl started
- Installed Pie

I edited bc I forgot the step to skip setting up wifi while installing after factory reset and first turn location off before connecting to wifi. I also removed the mobile chip and placed it back after Pie installed...
18th December 2018, 06:08 PM |#46  
Flag Antwerp

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse256

I've TA-1095
The build that's available there is for "ctl_sprout" (you can also see that in the download link) while my device has codename "B2N"
Either I've a strange device or there is something strange going on as this site also lists them otherwise: https://github.com/yshalsager/certif...ster/README.md

ps: if you try to upgrade you see your codename before you start the sideloading. So you can see at that point what codename you have. Also if you would try with a different build the bootloader will refuse it anyway, so I don't think it's dangerous.

Got the update today, this was the OTA url: https://android.googleapis.com/packa...cf235a7cb5.zip
So this is "ctlsprout" indeed while you cannot install this kind of builds via recovery. Very strange. I think this means we'll never be able to sideload builds
19th December 2018, 08:00 AM |#47  
Flag Antwerp

More
Cool, this also flashed a new recovery, seems the figure out there was something off
Now recovery says:
Code:
Android recovery
Nokia/Crystal_00WW/CTL
9/PPR1.180610.011/00WW_3_45A
19th December 2018, 08:08 AM |#48  
OP Member
Flag Coventry

More
Anybody in UK got the OTA?
19th December 2018, 08:13 AM |#49  
OP Member
Flag Coventry

More
Can somebody share the ota link for v3.45A 139mb?
19th December 2018, 10:11 PM |#50  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Android Oreo Links
Can I get the direct download link to the update files for any of the Android Oreo 8.1 versions please?
I'm looking for any of:
00WW_2_59B
00WW_2_57D
00WW_2_56A_SP01
00WW_2_56A

My Nokia 7.1 received the 00WW_3_45A OTA update today and has now crashed into a bootloop that it is unable to recover from.

(P.S. Android Pie is a complete mess, I don't recommend sideloading it to your device).
20th December 2018, 09:49 AM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k3vmcd

Can I get the direct download link to the update files for any of the Android Oreo 8.1 versions please?
I'm looking for any of:
00WW_2_59B
00WW_2_57D
00WW_2_56A_SP01
00WW_2_56A

My Nokia 7.1 received the 00WW_3_45A OTA update today and has now crashed into a bootloop that it is unable to recover from.

(P.S. Android Pie is a complete mess, I don't recommend sideloading it to your device).

I have the 3.45 OTA too, and it's fine on my phone. Still, I wouldn't recommend sideloading it, it will come in its own good time...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nokia 7.1, ota, software, updates

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)