[CLOSED][OFFICIAL] TWRP 3.4.0-0 | Team Win Recovery Project | Nokia 7.2 | Daredevil |

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad
teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

Note - Iam Not Responsible for bricked devices

About Team win recovery project

TWRP is an open source, community project. TWRP development is done by roughly 4 people at this point. We also have a large support community with many people who are willing to answer questions and help people with their devices either through our IRC channel or on forums like xda-developers.

Team Win was originally formed to work on porting WiMAX to CM7 for the HTC EVO 4G. After our work on the EVO 4G we wanted to work on a project that would work on more devices than just the EVO 4G and we settled on working on a recovery. Today TWRP is the leading custom recovery for Android phones.

Installation procedure

Note - download twrp according to your phone security patch

1 . Download twrp-3.4.0-0-DDV_sprout_sprout.img copy in one folder
2. connect phone to pc boot your phone to bootloader mode
3. open cmd in that folder
4. type fastboot devices
5. type fastboot flash boot twrp-3.4.0-0-DDV_sprout.img
6. now get back to phone select recovery mode and now your phone boots in to twrp
7. now flash magisk or what ever your wish and press reboot system

bugs- none

well still you people can flash magisk.zip using sideload

just download magisk.zip & and click on sideload in twrp and open cmd and type adb sideload magisk.zip and after completion reboot system

Download Android 9 Twrp-3.3.1-0 From Here

Download Android 10 Twrp-3.4.0-0 From Here

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP 3.4.0-0 , for the Nokia 7.2

Contributors
Raghu varma
My build script: https://github.com/RaghuVarma331/scripts
Source Code: https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery
Device Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_nokia_DDV_sprout.git

Version Information
beta

Created 2019-11-07
Last Updated 2020-06-25

Last edited:

KohGeek

Dec 24, 2014
Kuantan
Does anyone have a stock recovery.img? In case that i will install OTA.

Nokia 7.2 is an A/B system, not sure where you would get a recovery.img

Additionally, coming from 00WW_1_200 (September update), WiFi module fails after flashing TWRP, and it seems you have to reflash original kernel/boot.img to get the WiFi back. It would be helpful if someone is willing/able to provide it.

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad
Nokia 7.2 is an A/B system, not sure where you would get a recovery.img

Additionally, coming from 00WW_1_200 (September update), WiFi module fails after flashing TWRP, and it seems you have to reflash original kernel/boot.img to get the WiFi back. It would be helpful if someone is willing/able to provide it.
The reason behind this we need a proper kernel sources from hmd Nokia . For that reason i used prebuilt kernel from stock rom and that rom is based on August so here August kernel & wifi modules signed with different keys and September kernel & wifi modules signed with different keys so here August kernel and September wifi modules signatures are different that's why wifi got broken

Reactions: KohGeek

JoSoFer

Mar 30, 2011
Hi Guys,

i'm having a problem, I' able to fastboot flash boot twrp-3.3.1-0-DDV_sprout-9.0-20191119.img but when I restart it, i still not having twrp booting and now, the wireless module is not booting :(

Anyone to help?

D:\userdata\...\Desktop\Nokia 7.2> fastboot flash boot "D:\userdata\...\Desktop\Nokia 7.2\twrp-3.3.1-PL2.img"
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'boot' (38736 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.849s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [ 0.246s]
finished. total time: 1.101s
D:\userdata\...\Desktop\Nokia 7.2> fastboot reboot
rebooting...
finished. total time: 0.002s

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad
Hi Guys,

i'm having a problem, I' able to fastboot flash boot twrp-3.3.1-0-DDV_sprout-9.0-20191119.img but when I restart it, i still not having twrp booting and now, the wireless module is not booting :(

Anyone to help?

D:\userdata\...\Desktop\Nokia 7.2> fastboot flash boot "D:\userdata\...\Desktop\Nokia 7.2\twrp-3.3.1-PL2.img"
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'boot' (38736 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.849s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [ 0.246s]
finished. total time: 1.101s
D:\userdata\...\Desktop\Nokia 7.2> fastboot reboot
rebooting...
finished. total time: 0.002s

You have to flash twrp According to your security patch

For example September security patch download from 2019-09-19
For example August security patch download from
2019-08-19

And also if you want to boot back to twrp after flashing twrp and rebooting in to system

Just power off your phone and reboot to download mode and press reboot to recovery now you will boot in to twrp.

If you know what exactly you are doing you won't get confused :) just follow steps

If you still can't able to boot then you are unlucky because all of the people who viewed this thread successfully booted as well

Last edited:

antiseptin

Mar 31, 2018
Hi, I tried to flash this TWRP 2 times, and in all cases the touch does not work. Nokia 7.2 TA-1196. Any ideas how to fix this?

Talon Pro

Mar 17, 2009
I wiped my SD card, now instead of 256GB it shows as 16MB, any ideas? Crap, now when i boot into Recovery, i just get a dead robot and 'No Command".

Last edited:

CGarz

Aug 14, 2011
Why do the instructions here say to flash it to the boot partition, but the instructions on the twrp site say to flash it to the recovery partition? IMO recovery makes more sense but I'm no expert.

Which one is correct?
Code:
fastboot flash boot twrp.img
or
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

I've had bat luck flashing things to boot in the past so want to make sure.

----- EDIT -----

Nvm my silly question. I've been out of the loop for a while and didn't realise there isn't even a recovery partition anymore. I've now flashed TWRP, boots up fine. No issues with anything on the stock rom afterwards.

However, my question now is how to get TWRP to work with the internal storage? I wanted to make a somewhat stock backup before rooting and the internal storage is full of jibberish folders and files. (See attached image)

Attachments

• P_20191216_231831.jpg
    P_20191216_231831.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 381
Last edited:

boomo15

Dec 18, 2019
Why do the instructions here say to flash it to the boot partition, but the instructions on the twrp site say to flash it to the recovery partition? IMO recovery makes more sense but I'm no expert.

Which one is correct?
Code:
fastboot flash boot twrp.img
or
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

I've had bat luck flashing things to boot in the past so want to make sure.

----- EDIT -----

Nvm my silly question. I've been out of the loop for a while and didn't realise there isn't even a recovery partition anymore. I've now flashed TWRP, boots up fine. No issues with anything on the stock rom afterwards.

However, my question now is how to get TWRP to work with the internal storage? I wanted to make a somewhat stock backup before rooting and the internal storage is full of jibberish folders and files. (See attached image)
Well even I appreciate the work of this guy, you have to be careful. 1st - if you on Nokia 7.2 keep in mind that all his stuff based not on Nokia 7.2 sources because Nokia not released any souses yet. 2nd - he warned about it if read carefully. 3rd - all his ROMs for Nokia 7.2 have same trouble as LineageOS and treble. I prefer stay on stock with MicroG, at least all stuff works. 4th - for internal access from twrp you have flash DisableForceEncryption_Treble. Don't use Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_10.20.2019 it has bugs and not works. Just look for same name as I give Disable_Forse_Encryption_Treble. Careful with, it removes encryption but leaves verity in tact. Read all warning about using it, google in help. After reboot in twrp you would read internal and data. Hope that helps. Also check version twrp that he uploading, they base on security patch and I guess it have to match your system. But I'm using fine 11/28 on august security patch.
O, and one more thing - don't relay completely on twrp backups, they not working in 100%, just try restore before. Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raghu varma

CGarz

Aug 14, 2011
Thanks for the tips boomo15. I ended up installing the Lineage OS rom though.
WiFi works now, data is decrypted and the other system UI crashing bug I had has gone as well. Very pleased with the phone now.

NFC and DDTW don't work and cam quality is poor but even with those issues Lineage is still preferable to me.

boomo15

Dec 18, 2019
Thanks for the tips boomo15. I ended up installing the Lineage OS rom though.
WiFi works now, data is decrypted and the other system UI crashing bug I had has gone as well. Very pleased with the phone now.

NFC and DDTW don't work and cam quality is poor but even with those issues Lineage is still preferable to me.
As I told before stock works best for me, but last week I install AOSP phh_treble version for Pie 123. Since 109 a lot off better.All works smooth and fine, detects my sim card w/o problems (got 1 sim not dual). Replaced camera (crashed all time) with ported by Balu GCam works fine for me. Got one issue - can send sms but can't receive. Tried fix myself but no luck, so asked for help on AOSP treble tread. Hope somebody know what's going on. Don't use NFC can't tell if it works or not.

CGarz

Aug 14, 2011
As I told before stock works best for me, but last week I install AOSP phh_treble version for Pie 123. Since 109 a lot off better.All works smooth and fine, detects my sim card w/o problems (got 1 sim not dual). Replaced camera (crashed all time) with ported by Balu GCam works fine for me. Got one issue - can send sms but can't receive. Tried fix myself but no luck, so asked for help on AOSP treble tread. Hope somebody know what's going on. Don't use NFC can't tell if it works or not.

That' strange about SMS. Did you set your APN correctly? Or does your carrier auto set it like mine does?
Also for NFC could you see if you have the option for it in settings? It should be around WiFi, Bluetooth, etc.

VictorAcid

Dec 22, 2019
Hi,
I was trying to install the TWRP recovery but when I saw people in a other XDA forum everyone crying about there WiFi that wont work.
So I was wondering can I install the TWRP recovery without those problems.

Here some info about my phone:
Nokia 7.2 TA-1196
Android version: 9
Security patch level: December 5, 2019

Some help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

boomo15

Dec 18, 2019
Hi,
I was trying to install the TWRP recovery but when I saw people in a other XDA forum everyone crying about there WiFi that wont work.
So I was wondering can I install the TWRP recovery without those problems.

Here some info about my phone:
Nokia 7.2 TA-1196
Android version: 9
Security patch level: December 5, 2019

Some help would be appreciated.

Not sure about your version, I got Nokia 7.2 TA-1178 no any problems on stock. The problem that I experienced with was when I used Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_10. - bootloop. For root I used Magisk versions from 19.3-20.2 w/o any problems. Read couple treads above what I used to disable encryption. Also I use w/o problems Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_08.18.2019.zip - it do all job remove encryption and verity if you interested. Also not all backups that I made using TWRP posted here worked.

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

That' strange about SMS. Did you set your APN correctly? Or does your carrier auto set it like mine does?
Also for NFC could you see if you have the option for it in settings? It should be around WiFi, Bluetooth, etc.
Sorry I can't tell you anything about NFC. As I told before can't receive SMS and this I my business phone not playing toy I return back on stock. For me root and removing not wanted stuff enough. Bad that not all my TWRP backups working, have to always format data. Right now I do adb backup.

VictorAcid

Dec 22, 2019
Not sure about your version, I got Nokia 7.2 TA-1178 no any problems on stock. The problem that I experienced with was when I used Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_10. - bootloop. For root I used Magisk versions from 19.3-20.2 w/o any problems. Read couple treads above what I used to disable encryption. Also I use w/o problems Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_08.18.2019.zip - it do all job remove encryption and verity if you interested. Also not all backups that I made using TWRP posted here worked.

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

Sorry I can't tell you anything about NFC. As I told before can't receive SMS and this I my business phone not playing toy I return back on stock. For me root and removing not wanted stuff enough. Bad that not all my TWRP backups working, have to always format data. Right now I do adb backup.

Okay lets not try it this is my main phone :/

jjfs85

Feb 8, 2009
I tried to build TWRP myself using your device tree and the latest stock kernel that I extracted from the OTA. The result was a working wifi module, but whenever I set a device unlock PIN, entering the correct PIN doesn't unlock the device. It just says "Wrong PIN". Do you have any thoughts about what could be happening? I'm at a loss.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

Note - Iam Not Responsible for bricked devices

About Team win recovery project

TWRP is an open source, community project. TWRP development is done by roughly 4 people at this point. We also have a large support community with many people who are willing to answer questions and help people with their devices either through our IRC channel or on forums like xda-developers.

Team Win was originally formed to work on porting WiMAX to CM7 for the HTC EVO 4G. After our work on the EVO 4G we wanted to work on a project that would work on more devices than just the EVO 4G and we settled on working on a recovery. Today TWRP is the leading custom recovery for Android phones.

Installation procedure

Note - download twrp according to your phone security patch

1 . Download twrp-3.4.0-0-DDV_sprout_sprout.img copy in one folder
    2. connect phone to pc boot your phone to bootloader mode
    3. open cmd in that folder
    4. type fastboot devices
    5. type fastboot flash boot twrp-3.4.0-0-DDV_sprout.img
    6. now get back to phone select recovery mode and now your phone boots in to twrp
    7. now flash magisk or what ever your wish and press reboot system

bugs- none

well still you people can flash magisk.zip using sideload

just download magisk.zip & and click on sideload in twrp and open cmd and type adb sideload magisk.zip and after completion reboot system

Download Android 9 Twrp-3.3.1-0 From Here

Download Android 10 Twrp-3.4.0-0 From Here

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP 3.4.0-0 , for the Nokia 7.2

Contributors
    Raghu varma
    My build script: https://github.com/RaghuVarma331/scripts
    Source Code: https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery
    Device Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_nokia_DDV_sprout.git

Version Information
    beta

Created 2019-11-07
    Last Updated 2020-06-25
    Changelog 21-05-20

* Fixed decryption
    * Always use latest twrp.img files accordingly to your respective rom security patch

Changelog Sat Apr 3 08:41:31 UTC 2020
    ===================================

* Initial android 10 Twrp builds are up

2. We need to have proper kernel sources

Hopefully we will get sources soon. Does Ghoulgle not require that vendors eventually release them? I think I heard that somewhere.

So, a couple of things: Linux kernel license is GPLv2. In theory, anyone who uses it is required by the terms to also publish any code they derive from it under the GPL, but the problem is that the only way to enforce this against a non-compliant vendor is court action by the owner of the IP, and in the case of Linux even establishing that in court is difficult due to the open source nature of the project. In short, if Nokia says "we're not going to release the source code, you can't make us" they are for all intents and purposes, correct.

Secondly, Nokia DO publish GPL Linux kernel code for *SOME* of their devices - downloadable here: https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/opensource - you will notice immediately however that the 7.2 is missing from that list (as is the 6.2). I have logged a support ticket with their helpdesk about this, their first response was "we don't release source code for their devices", when I pointed out their GPL obligations they referred me to the open source link, and when I pointed out that the 7.2 is missing from that page they said they would release it "when it is ready". My most recent communication with them was to note that the Nokia 7.2 is over 6 months old and has had several firmware updates since release so there is no logical reason they can claim the code isn't ready for release. So far they have not responded to this latest message, but I am not hopeful. I expect what has happened inside HMD is that when they realised that the 7.2 was accidentally released with an unlockable bootloader, they have decided to withhold source the source code to prevent modders from making custom roms for the device.

Thirdly, even assuming HMD do release the code as per the 7.1 and other devices, it's not clear if that would be sufficient to build a full kernel. The subject of whether kernel modules are derivative works is a grey area and Nokia would likely claim that in fact they are proprietary code that is exempt from the GPL because they developed them independently of the kernel.

So in short, for the forseeable future the only work around we have is to build a TWRP for each security patch with a kernel extracted from the corresponding OTA. That is a non-trivial task and I expect probably too time consuming to lump onto a single person such as Raghu (thanks for all your work so far by the way). Probably the most achievable middle ground would be if someone (or multiple someones) can create a repository of OTA kernels for each security patch/firmware update, and then people can compile their own TWRP (and share here if they like), though I expect it would take some good written instructions as there will be many people who try and fail.
    All right it's been long time to read some quotes and mentions and reports especially I observed one thing wifi broken for many users

Intresting thank you all for your valuable feedback

All right it's time to open up and want to share few lines about Nokia 7.2 and the upcoming future

1. We don't have proper kernel source code from Nokia which contains Device specific drivers and without that its impossible to boot it on our Nokia 7.2

2. Well what next? I used kernel from Ota.zip and used that kernel in twrp device code

3. So what exactly the twrp does?

When we built twrp using device tree with prebuilt kernel ( which get signed with Nokia keys along with wlan.ko module ( this module is actually related to wifi ) )which present inside vendor

So here I used August kernel and did monthly twrp builds for every security patch.

So here these all twrp builds contains August security patch kernel means twrp will not broke your wifi on August security patch

But if we flash twrp after August security patch wifi module will not load from vendor it's because every security patch contains same kernel with same wlan module to load wifi. but the module and kernel will get signed with different keys . So twrp kernel and your rom wlan module should get signed with same signature to get wifi work by loading wlan module

So to solve these all things

Two ways are there

1. I should update kernel every month in my twrp device tree to load wlan module of that particular signature ( It's impossible to update kernel Every month because I used to do development for 6 Nokia devices )

2. We need to have proper kernel sources