FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY] TWRP for Nokia 7 Plus TA-1046 WW

683 posts
Thanks Meter: 375

By k3dar7, Senior Member on 12th May 2018, 02:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
TWRP from TWRP Builder builded for Nokia 7 Plus....
I still don't know if working (as i write in another thread), so that it does not fit, i write separate thread about it...

Small story:
I unpacked B2N-132E-0-00WW-B07.nb0 using nbd tools, although is not complete unpacked, "B2N-0-132G-00WW-boot.img" is here...
Unpack using unmkbootimg and get kernel(zImage) and ramdisk(ramdisk.cpio.gz)...
In unpacked ramdisk is binary "recovery", "init.recovery.qcom.rc" and "recovery.fstab" which is used/imported by default "init.rc"...
Then i think this is recovery, using TWRP Builder APK installed on N7+ i upload this image...
After some days i receive message that TWRP for Nokia 7 Plus is builded OK

Of course flashing this need Unlocked bootloader, then all who need it, PLEASE do participate in petition about Unlocking bootloader:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/nok...nlock-t3788953
(after write comment, please also click too on "Do you have this question as well?")

Download: TWRP_onyx_00ww-08051830.img
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to k3dar7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift k3dar7 Ad-Free

15th May 2018, 05:35 PM |#2  
Flag Rovaniemi
Thanks Meter: 17

Donate to Me
More
Won't boot (tried to boot into it via fastboot (I don't want to flash it yet), and it just hanged on the android one text. Maybe going to properly flash it in few days.
15th May 2018, 06:04 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranpe

Won't boot (tried to boot into it via fastboot (I don't want to flash it yet), and it just hanged on the android one text. Maybe going to properly flash it in few days.

thanks for testing, flashing is sure not need and not safe, boot via fastboot i think must work(if twrp working)...
anyway if you can boot then you have unlocked bootloader right?
can you try boot via fastboot original in nb0 boot/recovery from twrp is builded? file B2N-0-132G-00WW-boot.img
maybe problem is that this is "hybrid" boot+recovery in one, and is need some hotkey or magic durring boot?
15th May 2018, 06:11 PM |#4  
Flag Rovaniemi

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k3dar7

thanks for testing, flashing is sure not need and not safe, boot via fastboot i think must work(if twrp working)...
anyway if you can boot then you have unlocked bootloader right?
can you try boot via fastboot original in nb0 boot/recovery from twrp is builded? file B2N-0-132G-00WW-boot.img
maybe problem is that this is "hybrid" boot+recovery in one, and is need some hotkey or magic durring boot?

Yeah, I have unlocked bootloader on my 7+. Looks like the boot.img (which's used in that build of TWRP) is from older rom than the one I'm on at the moment. (B2N-213B-0-00WW-boot.img) May it be the reason for it to not boot? Anyway, I'll try to build a newer version soon.
15th May 2018, 09:25 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:

Yeah, I have unlocked bootloader on my 7+. Looks like the boot.img (which's used in that build of TWRP) is from older rom than the one I'm on at the moment. (B2N-213B-0-00WW-boot.img) May it be the reason for it to not boot? Anyway, I'll try to build a newer version soon.

How did you get it open? Bootloader
15th May 2018, 09:29 PM |#6  
Flag Rovaniemi

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroiDMester

How did you get it open? Bootloader

https://forum.xda-developers.com/nok...comm-t3769930/
16th May 2018, 12:57 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

yes, TWRP in #0 is builded from *boot.img from 8.0, i not find newer version, you have B2N-213B-0-00WW-boot.img ? if yes, then please try upload it via TWRP Builder, i not this do because not have newer file and too not posible to upload more that 1x from one device...

unlocking bootloader you do via NTool?
The Following User Says Thank You to k3dar7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift k3dar7 Ad-Free
16th May 2018, 01:11 PM |#8  
Flag Rovaniemi

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k3dar7

yes, TWRP in #0 is builded from *boot.img from 8.0, i not find newer version, you have B2N-213B-0-00WW-boot.img ? if yes, then please try upload it via TWRP Builder, i not this do because not have newer file and too not posible to upload more that 1x from one device...

unlocking bootloader you do via NTool?

I've submitted the newer boot.img to them already, we'll see if they update it. Yeah, unlocked via ntool (by a guy I know).
16th May 2018, 01:31 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I've submitted the newer boot.img to them already, we'll see if they update it. Yeah, unlocked via ntool (by a guy I know).

strange, i not see it in complete, queue, running or rejected don't show after upload you some error like "for this device is already builded"? i don't know if is posible rebuild for same device model from another device with another/newer boot.img...

I thought too about NTool, but i not find any seller od setool2 credit with small amount of credit (<=10), only 30 and for me message no answer... also authot of NTool write me only "not help you"... then try wait what Nokia do with many question about posibility of unlocking bootloader officialy...
16th May 2018, 10:07 PM |#10  
Flag Užice
Thanks Meter: 216

More
try to get stock recovery img, porting should be easier.
16th May 2018, 10:15 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaboXD

try to get stock recovery img, porting should be easier.

as i say in #0 TWRP is builded from srock recovery from 8.0 NB0 for N7p, i think problem is that N7p not use separate recovery but is inside normal boot, then need some magic to switch to recovery part of this "hybrid" boot, and because N7p need to recovery via powering cable and hold VolUp+Power then i think is same need with booting TWRP from #0, but who know if this is possible with not flashed booting via fastboot...

edit: anyway if my thoughts are true, then with hybrid boot+recovery flashed to device, is really need twrp based on exact boot image for current rootfs on device... (as Rampe too say if is possible evoce recovery from image booted via fastboot without flashing, then is not need exact version...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)