FORUMS

How to remove google assistant from home button

41 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By MySaviour, Member on 5th May 2018, 07:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,
I've been using the Nokia 7 plus for two days now and it's a great device which I'm really happy with.

I have this really annoying problem with my navigations bar home button, whenever I press it there are these red, gree, blue and yellow dots popping off and if I long press it it opens up the Google Assistant.
Is there a way to disable these features or at least remove the long press to open up Google Assistant?
5th May 2018, 07:40 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 644

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MySaviour

Hello,
I've been using the Nokia 7 plus for two days now and it's a great device which I'm really happy with.

I have this really annoying problem with my navigations bar home button, whenever I press it there are these red, gree, blue and yellow dots popping off and if I long press it it opens up the Google Assistant.
Is there a way to disable these features or at least remove the long press to open up Google Assistant?

Settings - Apps & Notifications - Default apps - Assist & voice input - Set it to None

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to K.khiladi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift K.khiladi Ad-Free
5th May 2018, 07:51 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Universe

More
Thank you it works!

And now after I disabled Google Assistant from my home button can I use it with voice commands again?
5th May 2018, 08:38 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 644

More
Quote:

Thank you it works!

And now after I disabled Google Assistant from my home button can I use it with voice commands again?

Unfortunely no. It needs to be your assist app for voice commands to work.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk
5th May 2018, 08:56 AM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Universe

More
Thank you for your help!
6th May 2018, 11:29 PM |#6  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Quote:

Hello,

you can use a different launcher. In nova launcher you can disable the home button behavior and still keep the voice command.
I do not know how can you remove the animations with the dots, though.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)