FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Wipe cache

86 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By Tequila.CZ, Member on 3rd May 2018, 07:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
My phone seems to reboot every night as in the morning I always have this prompt to enter PIN after a reboot.
I wanted to delete the cache partition but cannot find a way how to boot into the recovery mode.
The usual power + volume up does not seem to work.
Any special trick?

3rd May 2018, 08:45 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
The phone needs to be conected to a charger.
3rd May 2018, 11:08 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
maybe with ADB command ?

adb devices
adb reboot fastboot
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot
3rd May 2018, 05:46 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
hmm, power + volume up with usb cable in seems to work, but it says 'no command' and you cannot do anything.
I will probably have to give adb a try...
3rd May 2018, 07:02 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 375

More
maybe try one night in "Safe mode".. this disable 3rd apps, for boot in SafeMode is 2 method:
1. from power off, press VolDown+Power buttons
2. from booted phone, pres Power button and long press on screen PowerOff
4th May 2018, 05:42 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
I deleted cache for a few recently added aps via settings and haven't had a reboot since then.
If I run into issues again, I will try the above suggested adb or safe mode. Thanks.
22nd May 2018, 09:19 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
My Nokia 7 plus is the same, random reboots many times a day. I have removed a lot of the apps I don't use and reset the app cache for the ones still left but still it restarts.

Nokia have not been much help really, short of doing a factory reset I'm not sure what else to do.
22nd May 2018, 01:35 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 644

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spender1

My Nokia 7 plus is the same, random reboots many times a day. I have removed a lot of the apps I don't use and reset the app cache for the ones still left but still it restarts.

Nokia have not been much help really, short of doing a factory reset I'm not sure what else to do.

If even the factory reset doesn't help, go to service center or either ask for a replacement because there have been some reports of randomly rebooting devices and those devices were replaced.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk
22nd May 2018, 01:58 PM |#9  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequila.CZ

hmm, power + volume up with usb cable in seems to work, but it says 'no command' and you cannot do anything.
I will probably have to give adb a try...

When at 'no command' message press Power and vol up - now you are in recovery menu
Took me a while to figure it out - described here https://www.nokia.com/en_int/phones/developer
The Following User Says Thank You to trveller72 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trveller72 Ad-Free
22nd May 2018, 07:33 PM |#10  
OP Member

More
thanks man!
23rd May 2018, 07:32 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I have done a factory reset come to use the phone this morning and it has restarted whilst on charge overnight.

I will return it for a replacement.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)