FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] How to install Internal Android 10 build for Nokia 7 Plus

363 posts
Thanks Meter: 568

Post Reply Email Thread
Quote:

If you want to repost this internal OTA to other websites (other than XDA itself), please ask me for permission, thanks.

Quote:

WARNING!
This is early internal test build, so LATER OTA UPDATES CAN'T BE GUARANTEED!
If you don't have unlocked bootloader, you'll unable to roll back to stable build!
Please be careful when testing!

Now I think it's time to bring you back to canary labs faster than beta labs.

Internal build version: B2N-4040-0-00WW-B01
It will be updated from: B2N-354K-0-00WW-B01, which is not pushed to public

As I've warned before - having an unlocked bootloader is strongly recommended.

So recent builds removed handy 874 dialing codes, we have to install them under recovery or Nokia Extensions.
Quote:

Non-Chinese speaking users should ignore this quote.
中国用户如需从百度网盘下载,这些内测包发布在了诺记吧。

Let me tell you how to verify:
1. Dial *#*#227#*#* to check current Version. If older than B2N-354J-0-00WW-B01 (check if the letter is greater than J), update to 354J before proceed.
FYI, 354J is August 2019 Security Update.

Alternately, you can use command "fastboot oem getversions" under fastboot mode / Download mode to check current firmware version.

If newer than 354J (probably 354N when this post released), you'll need to downgrade your phone back to at most 354H - which can't be done easily without unlocked bootloader.

2. Install B2N-354K-0-00WW-B01-354J-0-00WW-B01-update.zip with Nokia Extensions OTA Update module or adb sideload under recovery.

3. Reboot your phone.

4. Install B2N-4040-0-00WW-B01-354K-0-00WW-B01-update.zip with Nokia Extensions OTA Update module or adb sideload under recovery.

5. Reboot your phone.

That's it.
If minor fixes released, I will upload them as well, then use the same method to install it.
To root the phone, you may want to use Magisk 20 released today (October 12th, 2019) or newer.

Download link:
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hikari_calyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hikari_calyx Ad-Free
12th October 2019, 10:15 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
could you please describe how to downgrade from 354M to 354H with unlocked bootloader? i have no idea...
14th October 2019, 10:01 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
About rollback to stable release
You said "it can't be easily done without unlocked bootloader"
Soz should ai consider the possibility of "it STILL can be done but with much difficulty " ??🤔
14th October 2019, 01:39 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wuhan
Thanks Meter: 568

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liftedcorn

About rollback to stable release
You said "it can't be easily done without unlocked bootloader"
Soz should ai consider the possibility of "it STILL can be done but with much difficulty " ??🤔

For detailed, there's a backdoor left for customer care to allow them flash your phone with locked bootloader, but need to be elevated from server side, which can't be done by average person.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hikari_calyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hikari_calyx Ad-Free
14th October 2019, 02:29 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Oh .. thank you for the info.
The Following User Says Thank You to Liftedcorn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Liftedcorn Ad-Free
14th October 2019, 07:57 PM |#6  
Flag Maputo
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Tried on TA-1055
Downgrade not permitted 😩
14th October 2019, 08:14 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 479

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExaHamza

Tried on TA-1055
Downgrade not permitted

why did you want to downgrade? did you also try to flash the "old" rom to the other slot? https://forum.xda-developers.com/nok...icial-t3849437
14th October 2019, 09:58 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 479

Donate to Me
More
well, okay, nokia extensions doesn't see the update zip (yes, superuser granted), sideloading doesn't work as it's asking for 354J version which i have. what am i doing wrong,

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExaHamza

Tried on TA-1055
Downgrade not permitted 😩

How did you manage to flash this? I simply can't, though I'm on version 354J aug patch
The Following User Says Thank You to donjamal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift donjamal Ad-Free
14th October 2019, 11:45 PM |#9  
Flag damascus
Thanks Meter: 138

More
Bro you said we cant roll to stable version unless we have our bootloader unlocked ..
My question is can i flash stable android 10 when its released after flashing beta one ??
15th October 2019, 04:16 AM |#10  
Flag Maputo
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjamal

well, okay, nokia extensions doesn't see the update zip (yes, superuser granted), sideloading doesn't work as it's asking for 354J version which i have. what am i doing wrong,

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

How did you manage to flash this? I simply can't, though I'm on version 354J aug patch

Tried different ota packages on adb sideload and failed I'm on 00WW_354H_SP3
15th October 2019, 04:22 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 118

More
@hikari_calyx so how's Android 10 so far (build 4040) ?
Major bugs to be aware of ?
Nokia apps are ported already and working properly ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)