Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

Nokia 7 Plus - Screen Freeze - Lock and Unlock to make it work

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By sid_25, Junior Member on 3rd July 2018, 07:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi Folks,

I have got a Nokia 7 plus and since the day I have bought it, I am facing a strange problem.
Every now and them the screen freezes and only way to make it work again is locking and unlocking the phone.
I can say the screen do not respond to touch because the buttons are working properly in this case.

Tried resetting the phone, installing Android P, Rolling back to O, but nothing works. the problem still persists.
Curious to know if anyone else is facing such problem or if anyone has got any solution to fix this issue?

3rd July 2018, 04:55 PM |#2  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 10

More
It a hardware problem i believe. Coz even i had the same issue. I immediately sent it to service center which was luckily nearby my home. They took a video of that issue and sent it to Nokia for replacement. They approved my replacement and gave me a approval letter and requested me to visit the shop where i had purchased the phone. The shopkeeper took my old phone back along with all the accessories and approval letter and within 5 mins they gave me a new unit.(note: the service center person told me that if you have purchased the phone from a store then you have 14 days replacement guarantee in case if any issues persist post format or tests).
The Following User Says Thank You to patriks91 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift patriks91 Ad-Free
3rd July 2018, 11:48 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I have the same issue, tried all methods you mention to make it work normally without succes. I dont know if it is a touch hadware problem because it happens very ramdomly and works instantally and normally again if I lock and unlock the screen

Some days not happens, another days happens very frequent.

Another fact, every time I installs some Factory image (Android P developer preview, Android 8.1), the touch not give problem at all for aprox 2 days or more.

I'm very frustrated with this issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zisco0011 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zisco0011 Ad-Free
4th July 2018, 12:45 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_25

Hi Folks,

I have got a Nokia 7 plus and since the day I have bought it, I am facing a strange problem.
Every now and them the screen freezes and only way to make it work again is locking and unlocking the phone.
I can say the screen do not respond to touch because the buttons are working properly in this case.

Tried resetting the phone, installing Android P, Rolling back to O, but nothing works. the problem still persists.
Curious to know if anyone else is facing such problem or if anyone has got any solution to fix this issue?

This is the Nokia 7+ quality problem, go to the after-sales service to replace the screen for free.
The Following User Says Thank You to hackjackyer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hackjackyer Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)