FORUMS

For anybody that has ALREADY unlocked their bootloader >> PLEASE READ!

1,922 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,232

By dd98, Senior Member on 14th June 2018, 12:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, I am new to the Nokia 7 Plus forums, and I know that a bootloader unlocking method is sorely needed.

I would like to ask those who have ALREADY unlocked their bootloaders to send me the signature file they used in the "fastboot flashing unlock..." command.

By sending me this file, I can TRY to determine how the IMEI and Serial Number is used to generate the bootloader signature file and, If successful, I can release an unofficial bootloader unlocking method, for FREE.

OR IF SOMEBODY IS ROOTED, PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS AND SEND ME THE FILE GENERATED AFTER:

1. Connect your phone to your PC with USB Debugging on
2. Open Command Prompt and type "adb shell".
3. Then type "su"
4. Then type "cd /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name"
5. Then type "ls -al"
6. Then, you will need to find the "mmcblk0p?" that is listed on the same line as "aboot" (e.g. mmcblk0p1)
7. Once you have found that, type "dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/(the mmcblk0p that you got above) of=/sdcard/aboot.img"
8. Then send me the aboot.img file that is located on your phone's SD card.

This applies to all owners of the Nokia 5, 5.1, 6, 6.1, 7, 7+, 8, 8 Sirocco
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to dd98 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dd98 Ad-Free
14th June 2018, 01:03 PM |#2  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I hope someone can help you here bro. Mine is locked or I'd definitely do it.
14th June 2018, 10:53 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
No one has done that, and it's not possible right now.
14th June 2018, 11:04 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Areen

No one has done that, and it's not possible right now.

Well by looking on the threads around Nokia devices, it seems that there are people who used this method to unlock the bootloader
The Following User Says Thank You to dd98 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dd98 Ad-Free
15th June 2018, 08:45 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 72

Donate to Me
More
Hi, I have sent you a PM with the key for my Nokia 7. I hope you are able to find something out of them
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to singhnsk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift singhnsk Ad-Free
15th June 2018, 09:59 AM |#6  
Planet Sayin
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Development is growing
23rd June 2018, 12:51 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Hi everyone, a quick update:

My Nokia 7 Plus is currently in for repair so I will still try to decipher the signature files before I try any bootloader unlock, and I won't be trying to unlock the bootloader until I get my 7+ back from the shop, but once it gets back....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dd98 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dd98 Ad-Free
25th June 2018, 09:39 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
You're the man! I wish I can help you but unfortunately my device is locked.
26th June 2018, 02:14 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by $Parker

You're the man! I wish I can help you but unfortunately my device is locked.

My device is locked too, I will have to try and find out how the signature files are generated and test them on my own device (when I get it back)
The Following User Says Thank You to dd98 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dd98 Ad-Free
27th June 2018, 06:20 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Still in mail war with nokia. Let's hope they unlock it. First win is mine. They send the case higher up. So fingers crossed

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using XDA-Developers Legacy app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to esterado For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift esterado Ad-Free
28th June 2018, 10:15 AM |#11  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I really hope we can figure something out. And pressure Nokia into unlocking the bootloader and release kernel sources.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)