For anybody that has ALREADY unlocked their bootloader >> PLEASE READ!

Search This thread

dd98

May 19, 2013
Hi, I am new to the Nokia 7 Plus forums, and I know that a bootloader unlocking method is sorely needed.

I would like to ask those who have ALREADY unlocked their bootloaders to send me the signature file they used in the "fastboot flashing unlock..." command.

By sending me this file, I can TRY to determine how the IMEI and Serial Number is used to generate the bootloader signature file and, If successful, I can release an unofficial bootloader unlocking method, for FREE.

OR IF SOMEBODY IS ROOTED, PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS AND SEND ME THE FILE GENERATED AFTER:

1. Connect your phone to your PC with USB Debugging on
2. Open Command Prompt and type "adb shell".
3. Then type "su"
4. Then type "cd /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name"
5. Then type "ls -al"
6. Then, you will need to find the "mmcblk0p?" that is listed on the same line as "aboot" (e.g. mmcblk0p1)
7. Once you have found that, type "dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/(the mmcblk0p that you got above) of=/sdcard/aboot.img"
8. Then send me the aboot.img file that is located on your phone's SD card.

This applies to all owners of the Nokia 5, 5.1, 6, 6.1, 7, 7+, 8, 8 Sirocco

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4624127

No one has done that, and it's not possible right now.

dd98

May 19, 2013
Hi everyone, a quick update:

My Nokia 7 Plus is currently in for repair so I will still try to decipher the signature files before I try any bootloader unlock, and I won't be trying to unlock the bootloader until I get my 7+ back from the shop, but once it gets back....

donjamal

No one has done that, and it's not possible right now.

It is possible. I've done it today. Paid for the signature file, applied it based on the instructions and tada I have unlocked the bootloader. It was a hard earned 5 dollars...

BTW would that aboot.img file be the boot image? Cuz I would need to extract mine and patch it with magisk to get root. Can you tell me how to pull it? Thanks. Signature file I'm not willing to share, sorry, as it probably contains my IMEI. But if you have a Nokia, I'll pay you the 5 bucks to get your own file which you can then reverse engineere.

jazzzzzzz

Jul 1, 2011
Trivandrum
5$ for unlocking is not a big deal,so don't waste time by finding how the serial number and IMEI number combination works to create bin...unlock the bootloader and try to make custom roms bro, spend time there

By the way I have unlocked and rooted my 7 plus ?

Last edited:

Karanfil

Mar 31, 2013
It is possible. I've done it today. Paid for the signature file, applied it based on the instructions and tada I have unlocked the bootloader. It was a hard earned 5 dollars...

BTW would that aboot.img file be the boot image? Cuz I would need to extract mine and patch it with magisk to get root. Can you tell me how to pull it? Thanks. Signature file I'm not willing to share, sorry, as it probably contains my IMEI. But if you have a Nokia, I'll pay you the 5 bucks to get your own file which you can then reverse engineere.
Stupid question, but will I be able to use OTA updated(mainly for android P when it comes out) without issues if I unlock the phone and root it beforehand?

Dec 28, 2009
Has any work been done further on this? If not, would someone please let me know if they'd like to work together to figure this out. Does anyone know if the signature file that's sent to unlock contains an md5 hash?

Last edited:

singhnsk

Nov 11, 2012
www.techmesto.com
Has any work been done further on this? If not, would someone please let me know if they'd like to work together to figure this out. Does anyone know if the signature file that's sent to unlock contains an md5 hash?
We are out of luck already. The old unlock files do not work after the August update. Seems patched up. So, back to no official and/or unofficial unlock again :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I am new to the Nokia 7 Plus forums, and I know that a bootloader unlocking method is sorely needed.

I would like to ask those who have ALREADY unlocked their bootloaders to send me the signature file they used in the "fastboot flashing unlock..." command.

By sending me this file, I can TRY to determine how the IMEI and Serial Number is used to generate the bootloader signature file and, If successful, I can release an unofficial bootloader unlocking method, for FREE.

OR IF SOMEBODY IS ROOTED, PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS AND SEND ME THE FILE GENERATED AFTER:

1. Connect your phone to your PC with USB Debugging on
    2. Open Command Prompt and type "adb shell".
    3. Then type "su"
    4. Then type "cd /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name"
    5. Then type "ls -al"
    6. Then, you will need to find the "mmcblk0p?" that is listed on the same line as "aboot" (e.g. mmcblk0p1)
    7. Once you have found that, type "dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/(the mmcblk0p that you got above) of=/sdcard/aboot.img"
    8. Then send me the aboot.img file that is located on your phone's SD card.

This applies to all owners of the Nokia 5, 5.1, 6, 6.1, 7, 7+, 8, 8 Sirocco
    Hi, I have sent you a PM with the key for my Nokia 7. I hope you are able to find something out of them :)
    Hi everyone, a quick update:

My Nokia 7 Plus is currently in for repair so I will still try to decipher the signature files before I try any bootloader unlock, and I won't be trying to unlock the bootloader until I get my 7+ back from the shop, but once it gets back....
    Hi everyone, I know I have been quiet on this for a while, but I have tried everything that I can think of (RSA, SHA-1, SHA-2, Bitwise Operations and Hex Editing) in order to generate a signature file but unfortunately they have all been unsuccessful.

Seems like we will either be waiting for an official bootloader unlock from HMD or for the "unofficial" bootloader unlocks to become FREE (like they should be!)
    Still in mail war with nokia. Let's hope they unlock it. First win is mine. They send the case higher up. So fingers crossed

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using XDA-Developers Legacy app