FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GCam] Nokia 7 Plus port by back.rider555

177 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,066

By back.rider555, Senior Member on 28th February 2019, 03:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
The original thread of the first posts and discussions here.

Hello! With the plethora of GCam ports out there (thank you, devs), my very objective is to make all necessary features work on our phone, all the while making things simple and clean possible. In contrast with the existing ports that have a lot of settings to tinker, I am aiming for a no-config port that simply works well. Please note that I am not a developer per se; you see, this was just a hobby that I am doing on my spare time and it occurred to me one day that I want to share my efforts to everyone else.

Quote:

This port is designed and is working well on my Nokia 7 Plus (TA-1046) running Android 9.0 Pie. For the most part, this needs no extra config after installation. I have, however, provided several extra settings that you may play around to your desire.
If it works on your non-Nokia 7 Plus device, that's great! If not, please do not request fixes and/or features and instead head over to this website and look for one that works well on yours. ALSO, if you are into a lot of mod settings, this may not be the port for you. Again, check the link for the other ports.

WHAT'S WORKING
Quote:

• All photo (HDR+, Portrait mode, Panorama, Photo Sphere) and video things
  • Night sight
  • Tracking autofocus
  • Motion photos
  • Photobooth
  • Lens Blur
  • Slow motion
  • Face warping for front camera (can be disabled in later versions)
  • Playground (AR stickers): download here
  • Launching from lockscreen

DOWNLOAD
Quote:

GCam_6.2.030_N7P_test1.3 (final) (Original post)
Changelog:
- Toggle to directly save Portrait shots to /DCIM/Camera (thanks san1ty): a lot of people wanted this feature, so here it is. But be warned: I haven't done any extensive tests to verify if the portrait bug from previous versions still occur here; so far it's okay. Use at your own risk.
- Toggle to use custom lib (from @cstark27): from the custom libs I've tried, Sav ZA v3 is so far the best in my opinion. It significantly reduces black crush while keeping noise reduction etc the same as stock lib. However, this also reduces overall contrast and/or saturation. It's your choice.
- Enabled DCI-P3 color space: I honestly don't know what this does, but I hope enabling it brings some sort of improvement.
- Fixed washed-out RAW photos (thanks for the tips @Urnyx05): RAW (.dng) photos now won't have washed out colors straight out of the camera.

Again, If the app is lagging or acting weird, just clear app data and follow the installation instructions described in the previous versions.

Download:
GCam_6.2.030_N7P_test1.3

Previous versions:

GCam_6.2.030_N7P_test1.2 (Original post)

GCam_6.2.030_N7P_test1 (Original post)

GCam_6.2.024_N7P_test1.3 (Original post)

GCam_6.2.024_N7P_test1.2 (Original post https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=287)

GCam_6.2.024_N7P_test1.1 (Original post here)

GCam_6.2.024_N7P_test1 (Original post)

GCam_6.1.021_N7P_test2.6a (Original post)

F.A.Q.
Quote:

What are the GCam settings for?
These are extra features on top of the original Google Camera app for Pixel devices that give more options for the user to play around. Later versions have a "Gcam settings info" page under "About", where each additional setting is briefly described.

What are the best settings?
I made this port such that no special configs and adjustments are needed for the most part. You can change toggles like Location if you want, of course. Furthermore, I have included the GCam settings for additional settings in case anyone wants to do some extra modifications.

Why is it that when I zoom in completely, the display stops midway but the final photo is in fact zoomed?
Why is it that when I double-tap-to-zoom, the final photo seems a bit shifted compared to what is displayed?
I have answered it here.

Why is the max megapixels for front camera only 4MP while the stock camera can go up to 16MP?
I honestly don't know why, but I'm certain that only the Nokia Camera can tap into the full potential of the sensor. Even 3rd party hardware analyzer apps would always declare 4MP. But it produces some seriously good photos for a 4MP size, don't you think?

Why won't it install in my device?
This could be for a couple of reasons: (1) this was developed for Android 9.0 Pie, so no assurance that it will run on lower versions; (2) there could be conflict with an existing GCam app so in that case, uninstall that first before installing this. If both weren't the case, a reboot might help. Or in worst cases, a hard reset may be done.

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK the awesome devs for the wonderful GCam ports. Of course special thanks to @Arnova8G2, @cstark27, @S4turno, @Tolyan009, B-S-G, and everyone at the "Nokia 7 plus google camera HDR+ ZSL" XDA thread and other social media platform. Best!
The Following 52 Users Say Thank You to back.rider555 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift back.rider555 Ad-Free

28th February 2019, 06:12 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 168

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by back.rider555

The original thread of the first posts and discussions here.

Hello! With the plethora of GCam ports out there (thank you, devs), my very objective is to make all necessary features work on our phone, all the while making things simple and clean possible. In contrast with the existing ports that have a lot of settings to tinker, I am aiming for a no-config port that simply works well. Please note that I am not a developer per se; you see, this was just a hobby that I am doing on my spare time and it occurred to me one day that I want to share my efforts to everyone else.

WHAT'S WORKING
All photo (HDR+, Portrait mode, Panorama, Photo Sphere) and video things
Night sight
Tracking autofocus
Motion photos
Photobooth
Lens Blur
Slow motion
Auto lens distortion correction on faces (for front camera)
Playground (AR stickers)
Launching from lockscreen

DOWNLOAD

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK the awesome devs for the wonderful GCam ports. Of course special thanks to @Arnova8G2, @cstark27, @S4turno, Tolyan009, B-S-G, and everyone at the "Nokia 7 plus google camera HDR+ ZSL" XDA thread and other social media platform. Best!

Your are golden genues thanks so much heading for test abs comparison
28th February 2019, 06:21 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
back.rider555 Thx a lot!!!
28th February 2019, 06:30 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Why night sight and normal mode don't have a different picture (same result), does it really work?
28th February 2019, 07:51 PM |#5  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Night sight not working on Nokia 6.1 plus pie. Actually it takes pic but viewfinder hangs. Any help
1st March 2019, 12:23 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by awirrxray

Why night sight and normal mode don't have a different picture (same result), does it really work?

Download the latest test2.3, it fixes the bug
1st March 2019, 01:40 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 120

More
All versions of Gcam crash really often when i switch modes, for example from normal to video, night sight, etc. Specialy if there is some background HDR processing. It is a pain in the a__.
1st March 2019, 02:46 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NahuelMS

All versions of Gcam crash really often when i switch modes, for example from normal to video, night sight, etc. Specialy if there is some background HDR processing. It is a pain in the a__.

Have you tried clearing data/reinstalling the app? Or tried rebooting your phone? The most serious case I have experienced so far was when the app started crashing at start that I can't use it at all; this happened after repeated switching between slow motion. A single phone reboot fixed it, though.
1st March 2019, 07:40 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 168

More
News MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova_TlnNeun version :
- Fixing the menu for Samsung
- Fixing the motion photo for Photobooth on hardware_level_3 devices
- Fixing the green tint on the front camera on known devices
- Add the exposure menu
- Add "Maximum Allowable Memory".
- Added Toggle for front cameras with the viewfinder upside down in night mode.
- Added Toggle for force use RAW10 in front camera
- Added Toggle to use 4K for video in front camera
- Added color transformat from pixel 3
- Added Saber Auto, On and Off
- Slow Motion now works
- Cleaning of several codes and something else...

Update of the devs :
- Update from MGC_6.1.021_MI8_V2e.apk by BSG
- Add pixel 3 AWB Mod by BSG, Savitar
- Enabled Super Res Zoom for some devices By san1ty
- Fix for some devices By HomerSp
- Fixed a clicker shutter button problem By HomerSp and Urnyx05
- Added all libs mod BY xtrme, Eszdman and Savitar

MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova_TlnNeun_V1.3.030119.0645.ap k

Attachment 4714618

News MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova version :
- All features work well
- News icon

This version works well for devices that use jpeg in the viewfinder

MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova_V1.0.030119.0705.apk

Attachment 4714619

For Top Shot Mode :
- Install last : Google Photos (Daydream) 4.11.0.235054701 And Google VR Services 1.20.235017259

Attachment 4714617

Last Playground (was AR Stickers) 2.2.190204106

Version All Pack ChangeLog Update of :
- Playground 2.2.190204106
- Love 1.0.190128046

And pack :
- Marvel Studios Avengers 1.0.181204016
- Stranger Things 1.1.181203016
- The Last Jedi 1.0.181130016
- Pets 1.0.181202026
- Signs 1.0.181130026
- Weather 1.0.181130016
- Travel 1.0.181129066
- Sports 1.0.181127016

Install with Playground :
- Childish Gambino 1.0.190115166
- Food 1.1.181203016
- Winter 1.1.181002076

Only for phones with official ARCore support : list of supported phones
1. Download and install the latest ARCore
Or
Only for phones without official support :
1. Method for unofficial devices without official support

Last Playground 2.2.190204106
2. Download and install Playground ( Android 9 ) 618MB : Playground_All_Pack_V2.0build-2.2.190204106.apk

install and enjoy

Version No Pack ChangeLog Update of :
- Playground 2.2.190204106
- Without pack
- For phones with official ARCore support or without official support

Last Playground 2.2.190204106
1. Download and install Playground ( Android 9 ) 43MB : Playground_No_Pack_V2.0build-2.2.190204106.apk
2. Download the packs you want from APKMirror : all packs

install and enjoy

Many thanks to @S4turno for this thread, his website and all the time and works make a donation to maintain are website : Here
Many thanks to the users who made donations.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [email protected] Ad-Free
1st March 2019, 08:45 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thanks your the new version, you are the true MVP of this community!
Night SIght working well.

I found a bug though. If you enable classic photo viewer and you take a shot then delete it in the app, it only delets the photo in the app's photo gallery, but it will not be deleted in the google photos app
1st March 2019, 09:25 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkb7

Thanks your the new version, you are the true MVP of this community!
Night SIght working well.

I found a bug though. If you enable classic photo viewer and you take a shot then delete it in the app, it only delets the photo in the app's photo gallery, but it will not be deleted in the google photos app

That's because the classic photo viewer is only capable of local, phone-only actions. When the photo is already uploaded via the auto back up in the full Google Photos app, deleting that photo using classic viewer will only delete the phone copy and leaves the uploaded copy untouched; so when you open Google Photos, the still-there photo is the cloud-only copy.
The Following User Says Thank You to back.rider555 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift back.rider555 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)