FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Guide]How to flash stock Android firmware with updates & use recovery mode

299 posts
Thanks Meter: 123

By Robin>Hood, Senior Member on 8th July 2018, 09:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi there!

Two simple guides for you... since I had a lot of trouble finding all the information in one post.

1. How to get into recovery mode on our Nokia 7 (TA1041).
2. How to restore stock (official) software phones shipped with unofficial software so you can easily update to the newest software!

This is what to do, and it WORKS!

1. Shut the phone down.
2. Connect a power source. Wait for the device to start charging.
3. Press and hold Volume Up and Power Button together. Release the Power Button when the phone vibrates, but keep the Volume Up pressed.
4. If you do it correctly, then you will be on the "no command" screen of stock recovery.
5. Press and hold the Power Button and quickly press and release (so 1 short press) the Volume Up key . Then release the Power Button too.
6. You should be in the recovery. And you can now use the Volume Buttons to navigate and Power Button to select your choice.

Good luck!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robin>Hood For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Robin>Hood Ad-Free

9th July 2018, 04:39 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Oke, so I thought it might be useful to share some other info too..

If you bought a Nokia 7 from China and it has the unofficial software which can not be updated this is the way to get it back to 100% stock!

What is needed?
Minimal Fastboot & ADB
Unlock key (from the_laser or techmesto - search for it on Google)
Stock firmware & OST LA & Patch (Google Drive link - thanks to hikari_calyx & Heineken78)

0.1 You need a bootloader unlock key. Some users on here know how to make it, I do not. I bought mine for $5 here on a website called techmesto allthough I rather see it as a donation because the guy is really helpful and excited. He also has a Nokia 7
0.2 Install OST LA, copy patched .exe to the installation folder.
0.3 Install Minimal Fastboot ADB

Then the real works starts:

1. Start up you Nokia 7 and in the Google Setup click "next" all the time. When it asks for a username just press "ok", do not write anything as a username.

2. Go to about phone and tap "build" 7 times to get acces to developer options.

3. In developer options allow "oem unlock"

4. Turn of the phone and boot into Download Mode (which is fastboot!): plug in usb charger and then press Volume Down and Power Button

5. Use the following fastboot commands:
Code:
fastboot devices
fastboot flash unlock [unlock_file.bin] #whatever the name of your unlockfile is
fastboot oem unlock-go
6. Select "Yes" by pressing Volume Up and Power Button

7. Phone will reboot. Now go back into Download Mode (fastboot).

8. Use the following fastboot commands:
Code:
fastboot flash unlock  [unlock_file.bin] #whatever the name of your unlockfile is
fastboot flashing unlock_critical
9. Select "Yes" by pressing Volume Up and Power Button

Now your phone is fully unlocked.

10. Go into Download Mode (fastboot again).

11. Unpack the stock rom file and open OST LA (by opening the patched onlineupdatetool.exe). Click "edit phone information". Wait for the error and click "ok" then click "next" and select the stock rom file and click "next" again, the software will now flash the stock rom and reboot.

12. After reboot, turn off the phone and go into recovery mode.

13. Select "factory reset" with the Volume Buttons and click Power Button to do a factory reset, then reboot the phone.

14. Turn off the phone again and enter Download Mode (fastboot).

15. With Minimal ADB Fastboot use the following command:
Code:
fastboot oem lock
16. Select "Yes" by pressing Volume Up and Power Button

17. Your phone will now boot into Android. Now you have Android 7.1.1 stock rom with locked bootloader! Go to system settings and start updating your phone

Good luck! Hope this helps out. It helped me out for sure!

Q: I get stuck on the "Powered by Android" screen or the phone keeps rebooting into Download Mode?
A: Just plug in the phone, get into Download Mode and use OST LA to flash the firmware. Nothing needs to be flashed, it will get stuck. But after it gets stuck you can reboot your phone again!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robin>Hood For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Robin>Hood Ad-Free
2nd August 2018, 12:57 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thank you so much for the guide! It worked for me

However, I could only flash the stock rom with the OST v6.0.4.
During flash OST v6.1.2 blocks when 'Checking device status' and nothing happens.
Just a warning to other users that might face the same thing.
Cheers!
2nd September 2018, 03:26 PM |#4  
Flag Rio de Janeiro

More
So if I do this I will get ota update to 8.1 and maybe (in future) 9.0 Pie? Another question, I will have my native language Brazilian portuguese or only chinese and english?

There's no way to "translate" it to portuguese? Thankyou.
3rd September 2018, 05:17 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have problem with fastboot devices - it not see my Nokia 7 at all...
5th September 2018, 05:57 PM |#6  
Flag HCMC
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaideLis

So if I do this I will get ota update to 8.1 and maybe (in future) 9.0 Pie? Another question, I will have my native language Brazilian portuguese or only chinese and english?

There's no way to "translate" it to portuguese? Thankyou.

1. Yes, you can update via OTA to Android 8.1.

2. Only Chinese and English.

3. You can add more languages by using "MoreLocal2" app on Play Store. Search tutorial on YouTube, many people make video about this app.
The Following User Says Thank You to kaisoulpro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kaisoulpro Ad-Free
5th September 2018, 10:50 PM |#7  
Flag Rio de Janeiro

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisoulpro

1. Yes, you can update via OTA to Android 8.1.

2. Only Chinese and English.

3. You can add more languages by using "MoreLocal2" app on Play Store. Search tutorial on YouTube, many people make video about this app.

Wow cool.

One last question (I swear): Can I make a backup of this current shop ROM to go back if something goes wrong or I don't like it?
6th September 2018, 05:45 AM |#8  
Flag HCMC
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaideLis

Wow cool.

One last question (I swear): Can I make a backup of this current shop ROM to go back if something goes wrong or I don't like it?

You can ask as much as you like =))))

I think you can't because we don't have this "custom ROM" file.
Chinese sellers mod a stock ROM to Android One version, but it is lag and unstable, it's not official ROM, either
The Following User Says Thank You to kaisoulpro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kaisoulpro Ad-Free
26th September 2018, 01:47 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Just wanted to add that for me, in the OST v6.0.4 tool, the 'Check System AP Status' update option is selected by default along with 'Normal Download' and seemed to cause the update process to fail. Deselecting it having only 'Normal Download' selected solved it.
3rd December 2018, 09:43 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I did unlock my nokia 7 and I get the 5 sec delay when its unlocked

Then I Flash the rom C1N-0430-0-00CN-B05.nb0 it does flash but when it tells me finished and does boot its still my old android with dutch language and error com.android.phone I can click on it but its directly back phone is useless now.

Can someone help me ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20181203_220054-1024x768-1024x768.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	227.1 KB
ID:	4657711   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181203.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	4657712   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181203_215957-1024x768.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	4657713  
4th December 2018, 10:11 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
After factory reset my phone did boot the stock ROM. I select english and it works ok.
Done several OTA downloads and finished the 10-2018 update no more available.
I wanted to remove some of the stock apps but failed.

Can someone tell me how I can root my Nokia 7 (is there a guide supersu or magisk ?) and how to install TWRP I read something about saving a partition or maybe mistaken. A good guide with steps would be great.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)