- Unlocked bootloader (official or unofficial)
- latest magisk manager installed on phone (https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases)
- latest fastboot and adb binaries from google(https://developer.android.com/studio...platform-tools)
- latest twrp.img to boot (NOT FLASH), zip not needed (https://eu.dl.twrp.me/NB1/)
- Fully stock partitions (if you do not have this reflash latest stock via ostla), as OTA updates will do a integrity check.
- PC with WIN/OSX/LINUX with USB port^^ (on windows you might have to add .exe to the commands)
- disable automatic system updates in developer options, as you will still have to manually root the updated partition, so this makes sure you don't miss it. You still get notifications on available updates and can apply them easily(as you will see)
1. Go into Magisk manager and "just download" the latest zip
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot boot twrp-3.2.3-1-NB1.img
2.3 Flash the .zip magisk downloaded in 1.)
Congratulations you now have root!
1. Go into Magisk Manager -> Uninstall -> Restore Images
2. Apply Update, DO NOT REBOOT YET
3. When step to finished and it promts you to reboot go into Magisk Manager -> Install -> Install to inactive Slot
Congratulations you can now reboot and will have an updated Android while keeping full root.