FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Modded Google Camera with HDR+ on Nokia 8

688 posts
Thanks Meter: 188

Post Reply Email Thread
Since there is no such thread here yet, I wanted to start discussion about using modded Google Camera from this thread on Nokia 8 (mostly what's best configuration and version).

I currently use cstark27_GCam_5.1.018_24_rTaimen_fAngler_cTaimen_v 1 version on Oreo with "HDR parameters" set to medium works quite well.

What doesn't work:
- Recording slow motion video (crashes, can be only fixed by modifying media_profiles.xml, which we cannot do until bootloader unlock will be possible)

What works:
- HDR+ (including auto HDR with ZSL on both front and rear cameras)
- Portrait mode on both front and rear cameras (replaces lens blur mode from older versions of Google Camera)
- Motion Pictures (only on Oreo and only with rear camera set to 16:9 ratio and flash disabled)
- Spherical photos
- Panorama

Site with all APKs listed: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/a...google-camera/
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to revanmj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift revanmj Ad-Free

2nd December 2017, 10:53 AM |#2  
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 46

More
I just downloaded the version on Apotide and I don't really see anything outstanding from the first look.

What are the main benefits of Google Camera vs stock Nokia?
Should I download a different version of Google Camera from somewhere?

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk
2nd December 2017, 11:22 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Warsaw, Poland

More
Main benefit is better HDR algorithm and thus better photos in low light conditions. I also think that auto focus in Google Camera works better (it's easier to get focus on the point you want and it stays there until you take a photo) or something else that makes photos from Google Camera less blurry than ones from Nokia Camera.

As for the versions - since they are mostly made for OnePlus, some version work better, some worse with other smartphones as they contain modifications for specific models.
2nd December 2017, 01:43 PM |#4  
Flag Frankfurt

More
I really miss the HDR from Nokia / Microsoft Lumia.. The pictures were always amazing compared to my wife's iPhone.
Will give Google camera a proper test and see how it goes.

2nd December 2017, 03:11 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Warsaw, Poland

More
I finally got Oreo update and those colorful lines (artifacts) are gone, so it seems to be a bug on Nougat only.
The Following User Says Thank You to revanmj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift revanmj Ad-Free
3rd December 2017, 09:49 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Yes I noticed the colour artifacts are gone too. I have the BSC and Arnova apps both installed. I use the BSC app with high parameters for still or more detailed shots and the Arnova is my quicklaunch camera, set to 8mp with Motion Photos enabled and HDR parameters set to default. I also turn camera.faces and camera.shot_tracking on in developer settings.

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunydub

I really miss the HDR from Nokia / Microsoft Lumia.. The pictures were always amazing compared to my wife's iPhone.
Will give Google camera a proper test and see how it goes.

HDR with the Google Camera app can yield spectacular results. A relative was out with me at a Christmas fayre yesterday evening and we both took a photo of a nice tree - him on his Samsung S8+ and me on my Nokia 8. Mine looked *loads* better.
3rd December 2017, 10:25 AM |#7  
Flag Frankfurt

More
Which version of Google Camera are you using? Original or a mod version?

3rd December 2017, 10:28 AM |#8  

More
Samsung S8+ on the right, Nokia 8 with Arnova Pixel APK on the left. No modifications.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4F6DD77F-B950-457E-8939-3FA0071CA3AD.jpg
Views:	7148
Size:	196.3 KB
ID:	4351013  
The Following User Says Thank You to leoni1980 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leoni1980 Ad-Free
3rd December 2017, 12:54 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 440

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoni1980

Yes I noticed the colour artifacts are gone too. I have the BSC and Arnova apps both installed. I use the BSC app with high parameters for still or more detailed shots and the Arnova is my quicklaunch camera, set to 8mp with Motion Photos enabled and HDR parameters set to default. I also turn camera.faces and camera.shot_tracking on in developer settings.

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

HDR with the Google Camera app can yield spectacular results. A relative was out with me at a Christmas fayre yesterday evening and we both took a photo of a nice tree - him on his Samsung S8+ and me on my Nokia 8. Mine looked *loads* better.

BSC? Arnova? Never heard of either apps. Unless with BSC you mean B-S-G. Never mind, just didn't look at the OP closely enough.
3rd December 2017, 02:13 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoni1980

Samsung S8+ on the right, Nokia 8 with Arnova Pixel APK on the left. No modifications.

Which apk version are you using? And are you on oreo?. I dont so the pink and blue artifacts on the bottom.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk
3rd December 2017, 10:52 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakzztar13

Which apk version are you using? And are you on oreo?. I dont so the pink and blue artifacts on the bottom.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

There are no artifacts in Oreo. I'm using Oreo.
The Following User Says Thank You to leoni1980 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leoni1980 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)