FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

Music app

977 posts
Thanks Meter: 214

By venezolano69, Senior Member on 19th March 2018, 07:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Anyone has experience with another music app different from Google play music that works fine with this phone?

19th March 2018, 08:31 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 153

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by venezolano69

Anyone has experience with another music app different from Google play music that works fine with this phone?

I have no clue why Nokia has no dedicated apps for music , file explorer , gallery , voice recorder , calculator etc .. like Samsung , HTC and other brands
The Following User Says Thank You to machhho For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift machhho Ad-Free
19th March 2018, 08:37 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by machhho

I have no clue why Nokia has no dedicated apps for music , file explorer , gallery , voice recorder , calculator etc .. like Samsung , HTC and other brands

It is very strange for me
19th March 2018, 10:42 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by machhho

Because Nokia made a great decision, to use pure Android. The smoothest and fastest Android of all. Besides the Google Pixel- Pixel 2, there is no other flagship with pure Android. You even have Google lens and "ok Google" with screen off, working. You have Android 8.1, when Galaxy S8 is right now updating to 8.0! For almost half the money.... Think about it....
The Following User Says Thank You to Tolios1999 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tolios1999 Ad-Free
20th March 2018, 07:22 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
I found this app that works very fine

https://forum.xda-developers.com/nok...kia-6-t3761076
20th March 2018, 10:00 AM |#6  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I use "music folder", I love this app, it's simple but powerful at the same time.
Very very low battery drain.
I tried it for a few weeks and then I bought it, also to reward the work done.
20th March 2018, 10:20 AM |#7  
Flag Angers
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolios1999

Because Nokia made a great decision, to use pure Android. The smoothest and fastest Android of all. Besides the Google Pixel- Pixel 2, there is no other flagship with pure Android. You even have Google lens and "ok Google" with screen off, working. You have Android 8.1, when Galaxy S8 is right now updating to 8.0! For almost half the money.... Think about it....

Regarding this decision, I'm glad they took it and that's why I love the new Nokia.
However they could implement some little features like the screen-on when there is a notification coming.
Also their glance screen is still a far cry that the one used in Lumias, in every aspect (aesthetic, features, battery consumption).
I'm not sure if Nokia / HMD is really working under the hood or if they just push Google updates and that's it.
20th March 2018, 10:26 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_linux

Regarding this decision, I'm glad they took it and that's why I love the new Nokia.
However they could implement some little features like the screen-on when there is a notification coming.
Also their glance screen is still a far cry that the one used in Lumias, in every aspect (aesthetic, features, battery consumption).
I'm not sure if Nokia / HMD is really working under the hood or if they just push Google updates and that's it.

Isn't that what pure Android is all about? Pure Google. Fast updates and stock experience. I think I prefer fast updates, to have a secure and fluid device, than little tricks, that you mostly find in apps on play store anyway.
btw... On WhatsApp, sms and a few more apps, there are notifications on lock screen. And screen turns on. Just not for all apps.
If you look at the phone, the only downside, is it's own camera application. It sucks. Since I replaced it with Google camera, the phone became complete!
20th March 2018, 08:38 PM |#9  
Flag Angers
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Yes you're right and that's why I chose Nokia too (that, + the fact that I'm a fanboy of the brand).
I know that Whatsapp wake up the screen with notifications, the whole point of my post was that, YES, Pure Android is fantastic and so far Nokia do a good job with updates. But maybe they could, like Sony for instance, just make 2-3 little additions on firmwares that won't slow down the updates that much, but will be great for users. For Instance, while under 8.0, it was nearly impossible to enjoy music streaming via bluetooth because it was broken (thanks Google). I don't have this problem on 8.0 with the GS8, and that's because Samsung worked on it.
Now with 8.1, no stuttering anymore, but as a lot of devices, Spotify is just shut down after 30min.
I would appreciate that HMD/Nokia put a little more effort on these type of problems.
I also agree that GC makes an HUGE difference.
The Following User Says Thank You to ben_linux For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ben_linux Ad-Free
21st March 2018, 08:12 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I use poweramp and it works great. I love my nokia 8.
24th March 2018, 02:27 PM |#11  
Flag Palos Hills, IL
Thanks Meter: 13

More
PlayerPro also work great for me, although I bought the Pro version years ago so dunno about the free version.
Same with Black Player, small and great.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)