Post Reply Email Thread
Thread is currently being updated, please be patient

Quote:

#include
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM bootloader
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

ALWAYS DO A FULL EMMC BACKUP BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING
WPINTERNALS BACKUP IS NOT A FULL BACKUP

THIS IS FOR LUMIA 520/521/525/526 AND 720 ONLY!!!
NO OTHER DEVICES ARE SUPPORTED

What is this?
LittleKernel Bootloader is a bootloader commonly used on most android devices.
It makes flashing the phone's eMMC via fastboot possible.
It can boot standard boot.imgs from eMMC or fastboot boot.

Can I use it to dualboot Android?
Yeah, that's exactly why I'm releasing it. Strange, I did not notice that "dual" word being there until now

Can I dualboot Android and Windows Phone using this?
No. I planned on supporting that, but it wouldn't be so easy, so I dropped the idea.

How can I install this?
Check the download link for instructions.

My phone has Samsung eMMC, can I still use this?
You can, but be aware, that those eMMCs are more probable to die unexpectedly than Hynix or Toshiba ones.
I don't know of any other brands being used in these phones.

Can I go back to Windows Phone?
Sure, but don't expect us to help if you don't have a full backup of the phone.
"I lost my backup" messages will only make us ignore you.

Is this fully working?
No, LCD driver does not work in LK yet.
Other than that, it should work.

How can I enter ...?
Recovery: volume up (phone needs to be repartitioned, and recovery must be flashed)
Fastboot: volume down
Mass Storage mode: both volume buttons

You bricked my phone / You have to buy me a new phone / It's fake / Give me an easier tutorial / Repair my phone
Just leave already.
If you plan on telling me any of these, and you actually read this, STOP RIGHT NOW.
Don't even try it, if you cannot follow instructions, take responsibility, or you don't know how to fix your phone if something goes wrong.
Also, if you think it's fake, that's your problem. Don't bother installing it, or you'll see it isn't actually fake.

^^ Note to the moderators who do not understand this last part: just check the WP forums, you'll see most of the people do these things.

Download it here:
Source code:
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to feherneoh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift feherneoh Ad-Free

25th October 2016, 06:25 AM |#2  
I have tested this bootloader

Some notes about it:
- Download FFU for your phone before flashing!
- Probably works on Lumia 620 and 720
- Can work on other Lumias with MSM8960-based CPU...
- Charging doesn't works! Do not attempt to reflash UEFI! This is the my safest way to reflash Windows:
1. Boot fastboot
2. Enter EDL Mode by erasing SBL2 and SBL2-hack:
Code:
fastboot erase HACK
fastboot erase SBL2
3. Reboot
Code:
fastboot reboot
3. Now boot Windows if you are using Linux or other OS now and use THOR2 to flash FFU:
Code:
thor2 -mode emergency -hexfile <path to .hex file> -mbnfile <path to GPT0.bin> -ffufile <path to FFU>
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gabixdev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gabixdev Ad-Free
25th October 2016, 11:54 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,828

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabixdev

I have tested this bootloader

Some notes about it:
- Download FFU for your phone before flashing!
- Probably works on Lumia 620 and 720
- Can work on other Lumias with MSM8960-based CPU...
- Charging doesn't works! Do not attempt to reflash UEFI! This is the my safest way to reflash Windows:
1. Boot fastboot
2. Enter EDL Mode by erasing SBL2 and SBL2-hack:

Code:
fastboot erase HACK
fastboot erase SBL2
3. Reboot
Code:
fastboot reboot
3. Now boot Windows if you are using Linux or other OS now and use THOR2 to flash FFU:
Code:
thor2 -mode emergency -hexfile <path to .hex file> -mbnfile <path to GPT0.bin> -ffufile <path to FFU>

Thanks for the info.
On MSM8960 devices this will try to initialize the LCD of the phone, then fail with that, and that can cause the phone to freeze in bootloader, so there won't be any flashing interface available.
BUT in the worst cases we can still try getting into EDL mode in the hardware way, but that's not easy, and requires disassembling the phone.
26th October 2016, 10:29 PM |#4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by feherneoh

BUT in the worst cases we can still try getting into EDL mode in the hardware way, but that's not easy, and requires disassembling the phone.

Yes, i have broken eMMC or something else in Lumia 520 ;p
Anyway - cannot flash... http://forum.xda-developers.com/wind...t3438742/page1
24th December 2016, 07:56 PM |#5  
Account currently disabled
Flag Narayanganj
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Thanks
25th December 2016, 12:18 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
@feherneoh thanks for the release one problem your script does not work with windows 10 x64 it keeps telling me i do not have WindowsDeviceRecoveryTool. Because its installed in program files x86 I edit your script and was able to install LK boot but the rest of the script did not run so i opened the script and manual did the commands can confirm i am up and running with cm 13 on my lumia 520 thank you
25th December 2016, 12:43 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflexdarky

@feherneoh thanks for the release one problem your script does not work with windows 10 x64 it keeps telling me i do not have WindowsDeviceRecoveryTool. Because its installed in program files x86 I edit your script and was able to install LK boot but the rest of the script did not run so i opened the script and manual did the commands can confirm i am up and running with cm 13 on my lumia 520 thank you

Thanks for the info
For me it could detect WDRT on my x64 installation too (in Program Files (x86)), so I thought it would just work.
I'll try fixing it, however I'm more used to bash than batch
The Following User Says Thank You to feherneoh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift feherneoh Ad-Free
25th December 2016, 10:40 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
please tell us how to install bootloader?
your uploaded programm for windows dosent work!!

please tell us!
25th December 2016, 01:19 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk7043

please tell us how to install bootloader?
your uploaded programm for windows dosent work!!

please tell us!

Seems like I have x86 command line on my x64 PC, so it worked for me. I'll upload the fixed version soon
26th December 2016, 12:26 AM |#10  
Flag Valsad,Gujarat
Thanks Meter: 2

More
stuck in Dead boot condition
First of all Thanks for your hard work @feherneoh and i'm not blaming anyone for bricking my phone. As I am responsible for that.
Unlocked bootloader with WPInternals.Connected phone in media mass mode and also took backup in iso format as you mentioned in document file.Then opened uefi2lk.cmd file to install LKbootloader.Process completed with "successed" at the end and since then phone isn't turning on.not even in fastboot/flash mode.

I've tried this method also " http://forum.xda-developers.com/wind...-jtag-t3082592 " but end up failing due to connection error.Phone isn't booting in emergency mode.I'm using lumia 520.stuck at dead boot condition.I've all Necessary drivers already installed on pc.Is the any way to unbrick this phone ? .
26th December 2016, 08:51 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_S_P

First of all Thanks for your hard work @feherneoh and i'm not blaming anyone for bricking my phone. As I am responsible for that.
Unlocked bootloader with WPInternals.Connected phone in media mass mode and also took backup in iso format as you mentioned in document file.Then opened uefi2lk.cmd file to install LKbootloader.Process completed with "successed" at the end and since then phone isn't turning on.not even in fastboot/flash mode.

I've tried this method also " http://forum.xda-developers.com/wind...-jtag-t3082592 " but end up failing due to connection error.Phone isn't booting in emergency mode.I'm using lumia 520.stuck at dead boot condition.I've all Necessary drivers already installed on pc.Is the any way to unbrick this phone ? .

Remove battery, reinsert it, hold Volume+ down, turn phone on
Phone should boot into TWRP after about a minute
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
littlekernel, lumia, nokia-lumia-520

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)