FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Windows RT 8.1 WinPE on a Nokia Lumia 520!

50 posts
Thanks Meter: 70

By Wack0Distractor, Member on 28th November 2015, 09:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th November 2015, 03:21 PM |#11  
Flag Under a rock
Thanks Meter: 10

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidXsK

I don't think the 822 is supported by WPInternals in first place

It's not... I will try it though

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensboston

This is funny and interesting, but almost useless.

How is this funny?

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

29th November 2015, 06:32 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wack0Distractor

Thanks to @Heathcliff74 and co. for WPinternals, without that, this wouldn't have been possible!

After patching signature checks out of winload, and adding the halexts and registry entries for those, I had to patch 1 byte in the kernel, without which a SECURITY_SYSTEM bugcheck happens during boot.

I haven't fully added any drivers yet, other than the halexts, i'll be doing that soon. So right now touchscreen doesn't work etc.

- Wack0Distractor
twitter: @TheWack0lian
irc.rol.im #RoL // http://rol.im/chat/

I would love to see this on my Lumia 625. Good work
29th November 2015, 07:20 PM |#13  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Progress, if you could call it that. This is from when I was trying to find out what the drive mappings were so I could dump stuff out to Data partition. Turns out most of the drivers show up fine...but not touch for some strange reason!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wack0Distractor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wack0Distractor Ad-Free
29th November 2015, 07:40 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wack0Distractor

Progress, if you could call it that. This is from when I was trying to find out what the drive mappings were so I could dump stuff out to Data partition. Turns out most of the drivers show up fine...but not touch for some strange reason!

Awesome work!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to MultiPDev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MultiPDev Ad-Free
29th November 2015, 07:59 PM |#15  
Flag Cartagena
Thanks Meter: 42

Donate to Me
More
Can you check on dump partition if the driver really exist?
29th November 2015, 10:22 PM |#16  
Flag Dawsonville
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Great work

Side note:I want windows rt on the Lumia 1520
29th November 2015, 10:44 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokokawi

Great work

Side note:I want windows rt on the Lumia 1520

I want windows rt on my lumia too, but just for fun. Windows 10 mobile is better.
What I really want on my lumia is Android
30th November 2015, 12:45 AM |#18  
Yeah ! Very nice project ! I keep my fingers crossed for you

I tried run RT on my Huawei W1 . It was in 07.10.2014

The Following User Says Thank You to WojtasXda For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WojtasXda Ad-Free
30th November 2015, 02:01 AM |#19  
Flag Bedford, UK
Thanks Meter: 292

More
I'm curious (and a bit of a noob, I haven't touched custom WinPhone ROMs since the 6.5 days on a diamond 2) but do you guys think it'd be possible to grab a working version of IE (metro and / or desktop version) from a win RT tablet, and inject it into a WinPhone custom ROM like we did with cab files in 6.5? Or even go a step further and get full desktop versions of File Explorer, Task Manager, hell even Office running on a phone device using this tool? This would kinda be huge for me, at least until phones start shipping with a x86 CPU that we can do this stuff more easily.
Massive kudos to you dude!
30th November 2015, 02:33 AM |#20  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Dunedin
Thanks Meter: 6,838

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smadger

I'm curious (and a bit of a noob, I haven't touched custom WinPhone ROMs since the 6.5 days on a diamond 2) but do you guys think it'd be possible to grab a working version of IE (metro and / or desktop version) from a win RT tablet, and inject it into a WinPhone custom ROM like we did with cab files in 6.5? Or even go a step further and get full desktop versions of File Explorer, Task Manager, hell even Office running on a phone device using this tool? This would kinda be huge for me, at least until phones start shipping with a x86 CPU that we can do this stuff more easily.
Massive kudos to you dude!

I'm not expert on Windows RT/Mobile/Phone, but I'd say that there is too much missing in Windows Phone to be able to do that. It doesn't have Win32 AFAIK.

Of course, prove me wrong please.
30th November 2015, 03:09 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
it would be possible to install Windows 10 mobile in Nokia Lumia 2520?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nokia-lumia-520

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)