Porting Phone.apk Contacts.apk and Lock Screen from Custom to Stock ROM

Search This thread

solo2002

Jun 1, 2014
Hello devs,
I would like to ask which library and framework jar files (if any) are related to the Phone.apk and Contacts.apk in some of the custom Android Nokia X ROMs with default Jelly bean appearance of these two apps. I am not a developer but I would like to try to port these two default Jelly bean system apps to a deodexed version of the original stock Nokia X ROM. I do not like the appearance and mostly the way these two apps behave in the stock ROM and that is why I need them ported. Would it be enough to just copy files from a Custom ROM to the Stock ROM or a change of the stock Kernel would also be necessary?

What about also a port of the Lock screen (default Jelly bean) from Custom ROMs to the Stock ROM? Which files are related to it?
Any advise and help are greatly appreciated.

I do prefer the stability of the Stock ROM but several features like the mentioned above could substantially add value to the stable Stock ROM. Unfortunately, after trying a number of custom ROMs I still prefer the stability of the Stock ROM.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moazmohammed

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello devs,
    I would like to ask which library and framework jar files (if any) are related to the Phone.apk and Contacts.apk in some of the custom Android Nokia X ROMs with default Jelly bean appearance of these two apps. I am not a developer but I would like to try to port these two default Jelly bean system apps to a deodexed version of the original stock Nokia X ROM. I do not like the appearance and mostly the way these two apps behave in the stock ROM and that is why I need them ported. Would it be enough to just copy files from a Custom ROM to the Stock ROM or a change of the stock Kernel would also be necessary?

What about also a port of the Lock screen (default Jelly bean) from Custom ROMs to the Stock ROM? Which files are related to it?
    Any advise and help are greatly appreciated.

I do prefer the stability of the Stock ROM but several features like the mentioned above could substantially add value to the stable Stock ROM. Unfortunately, after trying a number of custom ROMs I still prefer the stability of the Stock ROM.