[ROM][7.1.2][Ovation][EMMC][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1

Search This thread

mdwsmith

Jun 18, 2013
I like to thank secretwolf98 for all his efforts in keeping my ovation going.
I'm still using it with its great screen with f2fs and no gapps - used aptoide instead.

zspeciman

Jan 14, 2015
say it isn't true :( Secretwolf98 has put new life into my nook tablets. I want to thank him for all the time and effort he has put into this project. I also hope that he will reconsider and come back later on, as he seem to be the last developer for these old tablets. Take care Brother wolf

a_zagga

Dec 14, 2019
TWRP 3.1.1-0 and up

Hi guys,
I wanna give a try to the latest build of LOS 14.1 but my Nook HD+ is currently running a very old version of TWRP which is not compatible with the mentioned LOS14 release.

Can anyone please share TWRP 3.1.1-0 or up that 100% works fine on our tablet? The official TWRP releases make my device broken for some unknown reasons. :crying:

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,
I wanna give a try to the latest build of LOS 14.1 but my Nook HD+ is currently running a very old version of TWRP which is not compatible with the mentioned LOS14 release.

Can anyone please share TWRP 3.1.1-0 or up that 100% works fine on our tablet? The official TWRP releases make my device broken for some unknown reasons. :crying:

Thanks in advance.

Amaces Box folder: https://notredame.app.box.com/s/26a4bygh9vbaw7jjq08xr5evomvaw5ww

Under the Ovation folder there are versions 2.8.7.5 and 3.0.1.0.
Under the Experimental/K3.4 folder is version 3.2.3.0.
Under the Obsolete folder are versions: 2.8.5.0, 2.8.6.0, 2.8.7.4, 3.0.0.0, 3.0.2.0, 3.0.3.0.

The ones in the Stable folder should be fine.
I think I had an (minor) issue with 3.2.3.0 and ended up going back to 3.0.1.0, but there's no real downside from trying it out since you can always just flash the older version on top.

Reactions: a_zagga

jrxda18

Jul 27, 2015
HBO Go

I know this is ancient already, but I just installed this and HBO Go doesn't seem to work although Netflix and Amazon Prime Video do. I was sure to have root disabled before running HBO Go, and I still get an error message a few minutes into playback "We're having trouble playing this video. Please check your internet connection or try again later". I do not have this problem with any other device in the home so it's not the actual wi-fi or internet. Any ideas?

"We're having trouble playing this video. Please check your internet connection or try again later".

I get the same kind of issue with Crunchyroll in all versions above Lollipop. I haven't found a solution, other than to revert back to Lollipop.
These are Amaces builds last builds for Lollipop:
Ovation: https://notredame.app.box.com/s/26a4bygh9vbaw7jjq08xr5evomvaw5ww/file/47284178757
Humingbird: https://notredame.app.box.com/s/26a4bygh9vbaw7jjq08xr5evomvaw5ww/file/47284158937

lycosme

Oct 11, 2009
I flashed my HD+ with both of ROM in the post, but LCD kept flashing at the last step of setup wizard, but it was normal before that.
I have no idea about this...
Could you help me out?

Thank you.

I'm trying to set this up as a wifi webcam monitor that I leave on all the time.
I've found that after a while, WIFI will disconnect for some reason. Going to wifi settings, it reconnects automatically. Is there a way to keep it connected?
There is a setting for keeping wifi on during sleep and I have it set to Auto. Ofcourse this doesn't matter since I have sleep disabled.

Any way to fix this? Or perhaps a workaround? some other app to keep wifi going?

LarsR_1978

May 17, 2020
Hello,
@secretwolf98
thank you for your build and effort :). My Nook HD+ works smoothly, but I dont get gapps installed, always insufficent memory.

I have CWM installed and a switch to TWRP is not working. Is ther any possibility to get play store installed?

Best regards

Last edited:

VioletNemo

Jan 13, 2023
Finally I got it :D! With the Wicked Gapps [Gapps file size smaller than Pico for 7.1.x][8.1] it was no problem to install it on the Nook HD+.

Thanks again for the great job and image (y).
I have a Nook HD+ and haven't made any changes yet to it (other than to de-register and reset it). Can you tell me what worked for you to install a different operating system from the native Android 4.0? All the guides on here seem years old and I need a version of Android that Google supports in 2023 (for mainly accessing Play Store). (Maybe people are using a Linux operating system; I'm just trying to figure this out.)

Top Liked Posts