[ROM][OFFICIAL][KitKat 4.4.4][Ovation] PAC-man 4.4.4.RC-1

Search This thread

iPzard

Aug 29, 2014
Header_Glass.png

PAC-man ROM is a ROM built with our own tweaks and options, including picks and features from the best ROMs out there!

Why choose among ROMs, when you have All-in-One !!

Screenshots_Glass.png

PAC_man_slider.gif

Features_Glass.png

Features.png

Disclaimer_Glass.png

* By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty!

* If your phone breaks, blows up or runs away from you, do not cry to us!

* Do not ask for ETAs!!

How_to_Install_Glass.png

* Download the ROM and GApps

* Reboot to recovery

* Wipe data/factory reset

* Flash the ROM and then GApps

* Reboot your phone

* Enjoy

How_to_Update_Glass.png

* Download the latest version

* Reboot to recovery

* Flash the ROM

* Wipe both dalvik cache and cache

* Reboot your phone

* Enjoy the latest version of PAC-man

Not_Working_Glass.png

Other_Info_Glass.png

* None for now

Download_Glass.png

Websites_Glass.png

Credits_Glass.png

* Cyanogen Team

* AOKP Team

* Paranoid Android

* PAC-man Team

* SlimRoms

* RootBox

* Carbon ROM

* Vanir

* ChameleonOS

* Omnirom

* Paranoid SaberDroid

* Special thanks to all our Build Bot Providers (see Contributors list for all names)

* PAC Graphix Team - Graphics, logos and images (see Contributors list for all names)

* And of course, thank you for your love and support!

Support_Glass.png

Help with server costs

Support us with these banners:

pac_banner_2.png

pac_user_banner.png

Last edited:

bpaulien

Jan 10, 2013
Columbus
So is this a tease? I still do not see anything on the site since 8-25. Where can this new version be downloaded from?

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk

iPzard

Aug 29, 2014
So is this a tease? I still do not see anything on the site since 8-25. Where can this new version be downloaded from?

The download link here leads to the PAC-man site post, the download link there will take you to download the RC-1 via Filedropper link. The file will be added to the BasketBuild soon but for now using Filedropper to download will work for people who do not want to wait.

Last edited:

JeauxAdam

Jan 10, 2013
I look forward to hearing reviews from those more brave than I. :) I do love pacman ROM!

Sent from my Nook HD+

lentm

Dec 3, 2008
Thanks for the great rom! I've been using this rom for 2 days now, and still seems to be working great!
I will post if there's any bugs I see.

Mike The Menace

Sep 11, 2006
Cleveland
www.mikemillsjr.com
Maybe it's just my device but it every rom I've tried (since running the dual boot CM 10.1 as a daily) I experience a bug where the device will just power off - typically when I try using Google Now or using any media apps Plex, Netflix, etc. Has anyone else experienced this?

Last edited:

iPzard

Aug 29, 2014
Maybe it's just my device but it every rom I've tried (since running the dual boot CM 10.1 as a daily) I experience a bug where the device will just power off - typically when I try using Google Now or using any media apps Plex, Netflix, etc. Has anyone else experienced this?

New RC-1 was put in the BasketBuild today, may help..

Last edited:
Reactions: dlong

barth2

Jan 30, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Looking good on nook HD+.

For some reason, long press on Back button does not kill app. I do have option checked in Dev options. And seems to have lost the left and right arrow keys in status bar.

Also, coming from cm11 I miss having long press on Recents to switch to last app. Very useful.

But other than that, so far so good :)

EDIT: oops, I found it. Settings > Buttons > Buttons and Layout under Navigation Bar heading. Customize to heart's content. Awesome!

Tl;dr: it's all good ?

Last edited:

jpisini

Nov 26, 2011
Weymouth
I'll give it a try the last one caused lock ups on my device. Never had that before.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Free mobile app

barth2

Jan 30, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Can someone confirm this?

With left right arrow keys enabled for keyboards, the right arrow is at the right edge, but the left arrow is next to the close keyboard button rather than at the left edge per usual. It looks odd.

This happens with the ASOP keyboard, Google keyboard, and nextapp keyboard, so I don't think it is keyboard specific.

Hmm, I just notice the arrow keys do not auto repeat when held down. In other words, if I want to move left ten spaces, I have to tap the left arrow key ten times. Is this normal behavior?

lentm

Dec 3, 2008
My nook just froze and rebooted a few minutes later.
There was no apps running since i always close apps on recent apps.
It was the first freeze, and yesterday i had to reboot it when the touch screen went crazy as the other roms. Other than these problems, this rom is pretty stable.

Justintoxicated

Nov 19, 2010
Thanks OP, Just flashed the new TWRP and then this. My nook is actually booting up on the first try now! I had pretty much given up on it about a year ago, but can't get chromecast mirror to work on my old smartphone so I thought I would give this a shot :) Looking good so far!

iPzard

Aug 29, 2014
My nook just froze and rebooted a few minutes later.
There was no apps running since i always close apps on recent apps.
It was the first freeze, and yesterday i had to reboot it when the touch screen went crazy as the other roms. Other than these problems, this rom is pretty stable.

I have not seen anyone else mention this, but I have this issue as well. What I do is this:
1. Turn off screen lock completely in settings
2. If screen goes in to "lock loop" when waking from inactive, simply hold the power for ~2 seconds and tap the screen (anywhere) and you will be in your home screen

Very simple work around but I would like to see this fixed as well. Please submit a bug report (Submit a bug), they will likely ask you for the logcat, I will be doing the same. This will ensure that if possible, this issue will be fixed.

Thanks OP, Just flashed the new TWRP and then this. My nook is actually booting up on the first try now! I had pretty much given up on it about a year ago, but can't get chromecast mirror to work on my old smartphone so I thought I would give this a shot :) Looking good so far!

Sweet! Glad things worked! Yeah, I've had this on my Nook HD+ for a few weeks and it's way bad-ass imo! Is there anyway you can post a link to the TWRP that worked for you? I have the CWM one that worked for me in my post, but some prefer TWRP.

Can someone confirm this?

With left right arrow keys enabled for keyboards, the right arrow is at the right edge, but the left arrow is next to the close keyboard button rather than at the left edge per usual. It looks odd.

This happens with the ASOP keyboard, Google keyboard, and nextapp keyboard, so I don't think it is keyboard specific.

Hmm, I just notice the arrow keys do not auto repeat when held down. In other words, if I want to move left ten spaces, I have to tap the left arrow key ten times. Is this normal behavior?

Yes, I have noticed this as well but didn't think it mattered whatsoever (just me). As long as it's completely functional I'm happy, but what I would recommend is submitting a bug report (Submit a bug). I think on the OS developer side of PAC-man Team, they would want this fixed too.

Last edited:

Justintoxicated

Nov 19, 2010
Sweet! Glad things worked! Yeah, I've had this on my Nook HD+ for a few weeks and it's way bad-ass imo! Is there anyway you can post a link to the TWRP that worked for you? I have the CWM one that worked for me in my post, but some prefer TWRP.

I used this one, just flashed the zip and restarted. Assumes you already have the old one where you have to use the buttons for controll (new one is touchscreen).
http://xdaforums.com/nook-hd/development/recovery-unofficial-twrp-2-7-1-0-t2828280

I just realized I can no longer connect to my nook over USB, I tried enabling MTP and no dice that way either. Windows 7 64 bit is saying the driver isn't installed correctly. But I thought it was just a standard USB driver so I'm not sure whats up with it.

Not to sway others from this rom, this may have been an issue before I installed it.

Bad cable?

edit: actually I tried on another PC with same cable, it installed one driver fine, then another with the same name and gave me bad driver as well for the second one. However I am able to access the Nook HD from the other computer despite the bad driver issue.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

I cannot get the MirrorEnabler for chromecast to work with this rom either. The post here:
http://xdaforums.com/hardware-hacking/chromecast/experimental-enable-mirroring-device-t2812193

Says I need to

"For those STILL having issues,
Check /system/lib/hw directory for the file "audio.r_submix.default.so".
If it doesn't exist, ask your device maintainer to add audio.r_submix.default to
the product_packages in the device.mk file. (You may not know what it means, but they will.)
EXAMPLE (Thanks, @runandhide05!):
http://review.teameos.org/#/c/389/"

Is this possible to get on the nook HD plus? Not that it matters since prime instant video doe snot seem to be supported for this device either.

Last edited:

barth2

Jan 30, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S10+
I just realized I can no longer connect to my nook over USB, I tried enabling MTP and no dice that way either. Windows 7 64 bit is saying the driver isn't installed correctly. But I thought it was just a standard USB driver so I'm not sure whats up with it.

Not to sway others from this rom, this may have been an issue before I installed it.

Bad cable?

edit: actually I tried on another PC with same cable, it installed one driver fine, then another with the same name and gave me bad driver as well for the second one. However I am able to access the Nook HD from the other computer despite the bad driver issue..

Just so happens I hosed my windows 7 64 bit installation and had to do a fresh reinstall. Win7 did not recognize the broadcom ethernet so I downloaded the driver to my nook HD+ and loaded it to the PC via the USB cable, no problem.

Does anyone have problem with screen flashing if you use it while charging? I know turning off hardware overlay fixes this but it slows down screen drawing. Interestingly if I run an app called LAS (last active app) the flashing goes away. I think it's because it draws a small button over the screen and somehow that does the same thing as disabling overlay. The convenient thing about LAS is you can toggle it through the notification drawer.

Top Liked Posts