*** USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! WHILE I TRY MY BEST TO PROVIDE WORKING KERNELS/ROMS, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THIS SOFTWARE OR ANYTHING I'VE WORKED ON SUDDENLY FRIES YOUR DEVICE. ***
CHECK KNOWN ISSUES BEFORE FLASHING. MAY NOT BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR DAILY USE.
I know I'm not very common around the Nook forums, but I happen to own a NookHD+ (Ovation) (thanks to verygreen) and thought I'd take some time to update the Android build for Lollipop support. I've installed this build on my own device, and I'm quite pleased with it as an *ALPHA* release.
This may not be good enough for your parent's Nook HD/HD+ or for a novice Android user which is uncomfortable with bugs or future issues.
NOTE: CM12 is not a finished product and it will continue to get better over time. See KNOWN ISSUES section for more information.
Updated EMMC TWRP 184.108.40.206 builds for Ovation/Hummingbird
[Coming up with install instructions and a flashable .zip to update the emmc recovery. For now, you *should* be able to install CM12 w/ your current recovery -- MAKE A BACKUP FIRST]
Download Google Apps for Android 5.0:
(Choose newest gapps-lp-* file and use the "Download Now" button)
- First boot after a clean wipe will take a LONG time. Be patient. (Like 7-8 minutes on boot animation)
- If updating from Kitkat, you may need to move the /data/misc/wifi directory out of the way if you have any wifi connection issues. In Lollipop, the Nook's are setup for using AOSP standard wpa_supplicant as opposed to TI's modified wpa_supplicant, and there may be some Kitkat settings which cause issues.
MEGA Download Mirror (2014-02-17):
(Currently, having issues uploading to XDA's Download Page)
Unofficial builds can be found here:
Mirror 1: XDA Downloads
- [02/17] Added Widevine L3 binaries from Bacon for Google Play Movies support (thanks @stargo)
- [02/17] Added Netflix fix in media_codecs (thanks @stargo)
- [02/17] Fixed Wifi MAC script
- [02/17] Includes missing Hummingbird panel support (thanks @verygreen)
- [02/17] Built using re-structured hardware/ti/omap4 repo in CM
- [01/11] WLAN fixes
- [01/11] /sdcard/ symlink fixed
- [01/11] Added 64mb zram swap and experimenting with oom values to get best performance
- [01/11] Screen off animation fixed
- [01/11] Added multi-user setting
- [01/07] 1st Hummingbird release
- [01/04] Kernel is updated to 3.0.72 Google/common kernel
- [01/04] Kernel support for F2FS (needs a recovery which also supports this, and a re-format of the /data partition -- see updated TWRP information which is coming soon)
- [01/04] Various kernel security patches and updates for added Android L functionality
- [01/04] New Audio HAL which is Android L compatible and uses mixer_paths.xml file (some functionality was probably lost during this transition, like BT SCO. But, A2DP should still work fine -- needs testing)
- [01/04] Updated device setup for Android L (sources to be updated over the next week)
- [01/04] 1st public release for Ovation (I'll probably work on a Hummingbird release as I get time)
Use XDA Bug Reporter
Use XDA Screenshots
CM12.0 NookHD/HD+ (Ovation/Hummingbird) - LP 5.0.x, ROM for the Barnes & Noble Nook HD, HD
Source Code: http://www.github.com/CyanogenMod
ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: CyanogenMod
Beta Release Date: 2015-02-17
Last Updated 2015-02-17