FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Adventures with a 64GB uSD card

498 posts
Thanks Meter: 335

By DeanGibson, Senior Member on 18th January 2017, 12:08 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Noticing that the Nook HD+ manual states that the Nook (hardware + B&N software) supports up to a 64GB uSD card, I decided to upgrade my HD+ running CM-11 (running the 2016-08-15 nightly) to a SanDisk 64Gb uSD card. I formatted it (exFAT) on the PC and (on the PC) copied the old 32GB (FAT32) card to the new one, and inserted it into the HD+. It did not work (readable but errors when writing).

However, by accident I inserted a 32GB card freshly formatted for NTFS, and noticed that CM-11 created a LOST.DIR directory, indicating that it recognized and accepted the NTFS drive.

To make a long story short, after some testing, I reformatted as NTFS the 64GB card, and copied my previous uSD card files to it. It appears to work fine!

I assume that this is a CM-specific feature, and that regular Android manufacturers are sticking with the exFAT support for larger uSD cards.

19th January 2017, 06:18 AM |#2  
Flag Ohiopolis
Thanks Meter: 190

More
Hey Dean o/ I recently resurrected my HD+ and tried out all the CM ROMS 11-14, and didn't have any trouble with an empty exFAT 64GB card. It could be that something coincidentally got corrupted in the first transfer. I did have to reformat my card in Windows after downgrading from Marshmallow/Nougat to Lollipop, after letting the newer systems link the card to internal storage. CM 12.1 wouldn't offer to format it for me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
exfat, ntfs

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)