FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] NOOK Reader from Galaxy Tab 4

18 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By privateeromally, Junior Member on 21st January 2015, 05:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is the stock NOOK app reader from the NOOK branded Galaxy Tab 4. Tested on NOOK HD running CM11. Good for those who miss the stock reader app. The Galaxy Tab 4 version is superior to the stock HD version.

- User Profiles (Adult)
- NOOK Shop Menu from Galaxy Tab 4
- NOOK Reader from Galaxy Tab 4
Attached Files
File Type: apk NOOK App-com.nook.app-132-v1.2.0.235.apk - [Click for QR Code] (17.90 MB, 644 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to privateeromally For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift privateeromally Ad-Free

1st March 2015, 02:43 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Thanks for the app. However, when I try to launch a kids book from the app it doesn't load. Any idea what we would need from a Samsung tab to get that working?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app
1st March 2015, 03:48 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3,880

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmiem81

Thanks for the app. However, when I try to launch a kids book from the app it doesn't load. Any idea what we would need from a Samsung tab to get that working?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

I don't know the answer on how to get the kids books working, but I suspect the issue is related to the fact that the kids books are not really books at all. They are specialty apps that are designed to interface with the nook reader. That is what allows them to be interactive. I suspect there is an extra service that is missing that allows those apps to run.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
8th March 2015, 11:11 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Hmmmm...I wonder if I went to Barnes and Noble and ran a kids book on the tablet it would give me insight on what apk is missing.

Sent from my VK810 4G using XDA Free mobile app
9th March 2015, 07:56 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3,880

Donate to Me
More
I just discovered you can now get the Nook reader app 4.0 directly from the Play Store. Everything works including the kids books.

Edit: Play Store says the app is not compatible with the HD/HD+ and will not allow installation. But it works fine on the HD/HD+ on CM. The file (37MB) is too large to attach here directly so I uploaded it to my Dev-Host server account here:

http://devhost.xda-developers.com/BIPH

Just install it manually.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)