CM 14.1 for Nook Tablet (acclaim) - 16GB model only - UNOFFICIAL

Search This thread

mikeataol

Nov 21, 2013
Can someone provide me the link to download this ROM.. thanks!!!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

This probably isn't the rom you want.
Much more recent ones can be gotten from here:
https://notredame.app.box.com/s/26a4bygh9vbaw7jjq08xr5evomvaw5ww
you can see the thread covering them here: https://xdaforums.com/nook-hd/development/marshmallow-nook-hd-hd-t3239269

edit: a step by step guide for installing the most trouble free (7.0) Nougat build is here: https://xdaforums.com/nook-tablet/general/how-to-installing-aosp-android-7-0-t3578665

Last edited:

ajbiz11

May 23, 2012
Ann Arbor, MI
I came back here to be amazed that Magisk just merged in some headers for acclaim, and discovered my previous comment of amazement that this device still isn't dead. Good on you guys. My tablet died ages ago.

prade0415

Feb 1, 2017
If you read the posts in this short thread , you will see others with the same result.

you need to flash TWRP now and format the partitions in TWRP . They have been resized, but not formatted
you should reboot to recovery after formatting , and before flashing the rom and gapps

How to do that. The menu is not opening from the cyanoboot

ifGeny

Jul 28, 2018
Can someone explain why my Tablet is booting infinitely after I flashed lnos_acclaim-ota-NJH47F.180624.zip? A blue circle is moving on bracket infinitely and that's it. However with lnos_acclaim-ota-NJH47F.180713.zip, from experimental folder, my Tablet boots well. Is it safe to use this image?

Last edited:

spikeygg

Aug 7, 2012
Can someone explain why my Tablet is booting infinitely after I flashed lnos_acclaim-ota-NJH47F.180624.zip? A blue circle is moving on bracket infinitely and that's it. However with lnos_acclaim-ota-NJH47F.180713.zip, from experimental folder, my Tablet boots well. Is it safe to use this image?

Mine appears to be doing this too. It's the LineageOS boot screen. That blue circle keeps passing one direction until the system is ready to load, then three circles appear fixed on the bracket, then the screen refreshes and the normal Android desktop appears. I'm going to leave mine running for a bit and see if it ever finishes booting or if it's stuck infinitely. I put stock rom gapps package on my nook after resizing the system partition to facilitate the gapps since I couldn't even install the pico gapps for some reason.

aaryan.ajay11

Mar 31, 2020
Hi,
I still use my Nook Tablet 16gb rooted with CWM in 2013
But I would like to install CM14.1 and i am unable to find a working link for a recovery img.
Can someone please point me to it. Any help is greatly appreciated.. thanks in advance

mikeataol

Nov 21, 2013
Hi,
But I would like to install CM14.1 and i am unable to find a working link for a recovery img.
Can someone please point me to it. Any help is greatly appreciated.. thanks in advance

I'm not sure whether TWRP works for you , or if you need a cwm based recovery.

I believe a TWRP would work.

Their download page for acclaim is here:
https://dl.twrp.me/acclaim/

Hi,

It is not CM14.1 or Lineage 14.1, but I have Unlegacy Android on mine, and poking around on their page it looks like they have a build of 7.1.2 current to 6/2020. I'm going to update mine.

It isn't the fastest thing, but nice to have current security patches and API.

Page is at https://builds.unlegacy-android.org/aosp-7.1/acclaim/

Reactions: mikeataol

JAS6377

Jul 12, 2012
For anyone coming late to the party and unable to find the recovery image to properly repartition your Nook Tablet, I may have some useful information. I was unable to find a version of the recovery that allowed for repartitioning, so I took a few days to look around at what options were available. I settled on just manually repartitioning.

**DISCLAIMER**
I'm a mechanical engineer, not a developer. Perform any of this at your own risk. I'm not responsible for bricked devices. This is only tested on the NT 16GB as that's all I have. UNLESS YOU BACKUP YOUR DATA PARTITION, THIS PROCESS WILL WIPE IT COMPLETELY. It completely obliterates the last 4 partitions and rebuilds them, so be warned.

So, to start off, I wanted about 2GB of /system to match what @chrmhoffman's custom recovery did. Thanks to @grantd, we were given that earlier in the thread here. Using this partitioning scheme, a bootable CWM SD card (so I could use parted instead of sgdisk, because I'm a wimp and like directions), and the instructions here, I kind of halfway cobbled together a solution that seems to work. At least my NT boots. And has GApps. So there's that?

On to the process:
1. Boot NT into CWM recovery on the SD card
2. Through the CWM menu on the device, unmount the /cache partition. You may need to unmount another as well, but on mine, only /cache was mounted initially.
3. Execute the following commands (commands are red and bolded, the rest is output).
4. Once you're satisfied with your partition table, exit ADB and reboot the device into your emmc recovery. I'll assume people are using later versions of TWRP at this point.
5. Inside TWRP, go to "Wipe" > "Advanced Wipe" and check "System". Then tap "Repair or Change Filesystem" > "Change File System" > "EXT4". Do this for Cache and Data as well. The parted commands below only generate ext3 filesystems, and I was too lazy to figure out how to do it myself in parted and/or sgdisk.
6. Flash your ROM and GApps package and have a ball with your newly invigorated Nook Tablet. We also get some bonus device data storage out of this, since userdata and media are merged into a single partition. Yay!

**Note: For some reason, the AOSP 7.1 ROM located in the Notre Dame Box kept resizing the system partition to ~644MB or thereabouts... I have no idea why. I had to go for lnos_acclaim-ota-NJH47F.180713, at which point I had my full storage available in /system, which I used to install GApps Pico :D.

Code:
~ >[B][COLOR="Red"]adb shell[/COLOR][/B]

~ # [B][COLOR="Red"]parted /dev/block/mmcblk0[/COLOR][/B]

(parted) [B][COLOR="red"]print[/COLOR][/B]
print
Error: The backup GPT table is not at the end of the disk, as it should be.
This might mean that another operating system believes the disk is smaller.
Fix, by moving the backup to the end (and removing the old backup)?
Fix/Ignore/Cancel? [B][COLOR="red"]f[/COLOR][/B]
f
Warning: Not all of the space available to /dev/block/mmcblk0 appears to be
used, you can fix the GPT to use all of the space (an extra 593888 blocks) or
continue with the current setting?
Fix/Ignore? [B][COLOR="red"]f[/COLOR][/B]
f
Model: MMC 016G4A (sd/mmc)
Disk /dev/block/mmcblk0: 15.9GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: gpt

Number  Start   End     Size    File system  Name        Flags
 1      131kB   262kB   131kB                xloader
 2      262kB   524kB   262kB                bootloader
 3      524kB   16.3MB  15.7MB               recovery
 4      16.8MB  33.6MB  16.8MB               boot
 5      33.6MB  83.9MB  50.3MB  fat32        rom
 6      83.9MB  134MB   50.3MB  fat32        bootdata
 7      134MB   522MB   388MB   ext4         factory
 8      522MB   1164MB  642MB   ext2         system
 9      1164MB  1611MB  447MB   ext4         cache
10      1611MB  9630MB  8020MB  fat32        media
11      9630MB  15.6GB  6004MB  ext4         userdata

(parted) [B][COLOR="red"]rm 11[/COLOR][/B]
rm 11
(parted) [B][COLOR="red"]rm 10[/COLOR][/B]
rm 10
(parted) [B][COLOR="red"]rm 9[/COLOR][/B]
rm 9
(parted) [B][COLOR="red"]rm 8[/COLOR][/B]
rm 8

(parted) [B][COLOR="red"]mkpartfs primary ext2[/COLOR][/B]
mkpartfs primary ext2
Start? [B][COLOR="red"]522[/COLOR][/B]
End? [B][COLOR="red"]2522[/COLOR][/B]

mkpartfs primary ext2
Start? [B][COLOR="red"]2522[/COLOR][/B]
End? [B][COLOR="red"]3000[/COLOR][/B]

mkpartfs primary ext2
Start? [B][COLOR="red"]3000[/COLOR][/B]
End? [B][COLOR="red"]15.6GB[/COLOR][/B]
15.6GB

(parted) [B][COLOR="red"]name 8 system[/COLOR][/B]
name 8 system
(parted) [B][COLOR="red"]name 9 cache[/COLOR][/B]
name 9 cache
(parted) [B][COLOR="red"]name 10 userdata[/COLOR][/B]
name 10 userdata

(parted) [B][COLOR="red"]quit[/COLOR][/B]

~ # [B][COLOR="red"]tune2fs -j /dev/block/mmcblk0p8[/COLOR][/B]
tune2fs 1.41.6 (30-May-2009)
Creating journal inode: done
This filesystem will be automatically checked every 30 mounts or
0 days, whichever comes first.  Use tune2fs -c or -i to override.
~ # [B][COLOR="red"]tune2fs -j /dev/block/mmcblk0p9[/COLOR][/B]
~ # [B][COLOR="red"]tune2fs -j /dev/block/mmcblk0p10[/COLOR][/B]

~ # [B][COLOR="red"]e2fsck -fDp /dev/block/mmcblk0p8[/COLOR][/B]
/dev/block/mmcblk0p8: 11/977032 files (0.0% non-contiguous), 155617/1952939 blocks
~ # [B][COLOR="red"]e2fsck -fDp /dev/block/mmcblk0p9[/COLOR][/B]
/dev/block/mmcblk0p9: 11/233472 files (0.0% non-contiguous), 37564/466797 blocks
~ # [B][COLOR="red"]e2fsck -fDp /dev/block/mmcblk0p10[/COLOR][/B]
/dev/block/mmcblk0p10: 11/1579936 files (0.0% non-contiguous), 82401/3158773 blocks

~ # [B][COLOR="red"]parted /dev/block/mmcblk0[/COLOR][/B]
GNU Parted 1.8.8.1.179-aef3
Using /dev/block/mmcblk0
Welcome to GNU Parted! Type 'help' to view a list of commands.
(parted) [B][COLOR="red"]print[/COLOR][/B]
print
Model: MMC 016G4A (sd/mmc)
Disk /dev/block/mmcblk0: 15.9GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: gpt

Number  Start   End     Size    File system  Name        Flags
 1      131kB   262kB   131kB                xloader
 2      262kB   524kB   262kB                bootloader
 3      524kB   16.3MB  15.7MB               recovery
 4      16.8MB  33.6MB  16.8MB               boot
 5      33.6MB  83.9MB  50.3MB  fat32        rom
 6      83.9MB  134MB   50.3MB  fat32        bootdata
 7      134MB   522MB   388MB   ext4         factory
 8      522MB   2522MB  2000MB  ext3         system
 9      2522MB  3000MB  478MB   ext3         cache
10      3000MB  15.9GB  12.9GB  ext3         userdata

So essentially what we're doing here is nuking the last 4 partitions back to and including /system, rebuilding /system with 2GB-ish of space, then allocating the rest to /cache and /data.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android N (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed.

This rom is for the Nook Tablet 1GB/16GB versions. The device code name is "acclaim".

Prerequisites:
    A recovery. To install a recovery when coming from a stock device, you need to prepare a special SD card. Installation instructions can be found here on xda.

Installation:
    Android N requires more space on the system partition. To load the Google Apps, it is necessary to repartition the device.
    To repartition, flash the recovery partition that can be found here with fastboot:
    https://basketbuild.com/filedl/devs...ery-repartition-acclaim-cm14.1-UNOFFICIAL.img

Boot into this recovery and select "Advanced->Repartion Nook Tablet for Android N".
    The screen turns black for a minute or so and the repartitioning is happening.
    Then select "Advanced->Reboot recovery" to reboot into recovery again.

NOTE: Repartioning will delete all data. BACKUP! It also deletes the legacy internal EMMC partition (which was 1GB big) in case this was not yet done.
    NOTE2: If repartitioning fails, please adb into the device and post /tmp/repartition.log to the forum here.

Then you can flash the CM 14.1 images and gapps as usual (e.g. with adb sideload).

Once a version is installed (and all bugs fixed), you will be able to use CM Updater
    Settings->About tablet->CyanogenMod updates->Refresh :D

Building:
    The CM wiki explains that here: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Build_for_acclaim

Returning to stock BN firmware:
    If you have installed above rom and the recovery and you really hate it and want to go back to stock, you first have to repartition to come back to the original repartition layout. This is currently not documented.
    You may wish to try to flash the original acclaim_update.zip from BN. You have to unzip that file and edit META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script. Drop the first two lines here:

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "blaze" ||
    getprop("ro.build.product") == "blaze");

Zip the package again. Then go to recovery, flash the zip, wipe, and reboot.

Support:
    For any issues encountered, please post into this forum, but add steps to reproduce and dmesg, logcat and audit.log information. If you don't know what this is or how to get them, try to find that out first before posting here.

hashcode, ntemis, kuzma30, fattire, mik_os, and many others that contribute to cyanogenmod and especially this version.
    kuzma30 - great kernel job
    hashcode - we have reused lots of your work and effort for the various omap devices (esp kindle fire). It is thanks to you mainly that we are now official CM device. Also many thanks for the L bringup help.
    mik_os - great touchscreen firmware flasher and other efforts
    fattire - for helping us everywhere he can
    ntemis - thanks for giving so much energy to this - esp for 4.4 and L I have copied lots of things from you :)
    CM community (stargo, david marble, etc.) - thanks for replying to all my questions!

DISCLAIMER:
    - update the recovery (see above) if you come from older versions - otherwise you'll see funny error messages when installing zip
    - It is possible that you need to wipe your device. I did not do that, but...
    - You must flash your own gapps. It can be found somewhere....

Known issues:
    - the touchscreen firmware flasher doesn't work on N. Use CM11 to flash it first.
    - The system is altogether not really the fastest thing on earth :)

Get it soon from:
    http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=acclaim

Get an UNOFFICIAL build now from here:
    https://basketbuild.com/filedl/devs...ry/cm_acclaim_cm-14.1_13112016_UNOFFICIAL.zip
    updated lineageos-14.1 rom

LineageOS updated their source from 7.1.1 to 7.1.2 (7.2.0 isn't released by Google yet). I updated the roms. I am uploading 2, one is overclocked as you can tell by the OC in the file name. I have also switched back to my prefered zip file naming system with date and time of compilation in the file name and no EXPERIMENTAL in the name. Here is the normal/non-overclocked rom, md5sum: 0c0ddfa04d9a0ed9fd48274bdeeaf40f lineage-14.1-0416_1113-DrM-acclaim-rooted.zip:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298947786
    Here is the rom overclocked to 1200Mhz, md5sum: bb54c491028db6ae534f7544a0ef422f lineage-14.1-0416_1215-DrM-acclaim-rooted-OC.zip:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634762515
    So far, 15 people have downloaded roms. I am glad that some folks are enjoying this.
    LineageOS 14.1 rom

I have produced a LineageOS 14.1 rom for the 16GB Acclaim (Nook Tablet). It is standard LineageOS except for being rooted. It has the March 5 security patches. SeLinux is enforcing. It is signed using test keys rather than the official LineageOS keys so no factory reset should be required if upgrading from a previous version of cm.

This link is going away soon.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9WUZ5j7e_fXUTNEYmYyaVh4cUU/view?usp=sharing
    This is hosted on my Google Drive account. I am looking for a better hosting location.
    I got an AndroidFileHost account and uploaded a more recent build. https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=169989 See my 7th April post.

I don't think it will work on the 8gb model. I don't have one to test. You would have to manually change the partitioning but there are guides on that elsewhere in this sub-forum. If you do try it, be warned that installing gapps will slow it to a crawl. It just doesn't have enough memory. I know this because my Encore also has only 512MB ram and with gapps it constantly swaps. Sideloading apps should work fine.
    Installation is unchanged from chrmhoffmann's instrucionts involving repartitioning and his new twrp.
    I hope that acclaim can become official again. Chrmhoffmann has not been doing much work on this since the demise of cm. He has been active on other devices. If this rom is well received, I will push to get official status returned. Leave feedback as to how it works. Maybe there is a reason known to chrmhoffmann and unknown to me that keeps it from official status.
    Could someone reupload the usb driver link I can't find any drivers to get fastboot working.
    there's a couple of choices....

the minimal adb package from this thread: https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2317790
    download is here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120698566

and recently Google released just the adb portion of the Developer Toolkit
    https://www.xda-developers.com/google-releases-separate-adb-and-fastboot-binary-downloads/
    (download : https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools-latest-windows.zip ) (only 3.5MB)
    Thanks for continuing to help me out Mike. Do I need to re-partition using ADB, or does TWRP have that functionality? If it does, I don't see it.

I found this post about re-partitioning using ADB, is it something close to what I need to do?
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22157605&postcount=25

Thanks!

no, the repartitioning has already been done by the script.
    you just need to flash TWRP and format the partitions.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

(forum added this to my existing post instead of making a new reply)

after you've flashed twrp, boot to recovery
    go to wipe, advanced wipe
    pick cache , "repair or change file system", change to F2FS
    pick data, "repair or change file system", change to F2FS
    power off the unit
    adb transfer or MTP transfer the rom and gapps,
    flash and you should be good to go
    I usually reboot between flashing the rom and the gapps.
    Theres been an error lately in TWRP after flashing the ROM, it thinks no OS is installed

I didn't have a unit handy when you first asked.