Graphical view of current reading position

Search This thread

dognook

Jul 14, 2014
Hello,

The title is a bit strange maybe. In fact, i was wondering if we have enough access to the nook files to change the behavior of the little triangle above the page counter. I think it should be nice to have it showing visually where we are in the book. Beginning, 1/4, 1/3, half...ect Maybe the only thing i miss when i read on my nook.
With the page counter we have the pourcentage of progressing, so using that figure we should be able to move the triangle left and right. Do you think it is something technically doable ?

Nicolas

N

NOOK!E

Hey,

Yes, all of the things you mentioned are completely doable from a technical perspective. All this would mainly be XML coding inside of /system/app/ReaderRMSDK.apk, which is not my field of expertise, but is very doable. You'll just need to find somebody to do the coding and resign & recompile the .apk, and you're good to go.

Regards,
Nookie

dognook

Jul 14, 2014
Hey,

Yes, all of the things you mentioned are completely doable from a technical perspective. All this would mainly be XML coding inside of /system/app/ReaderRMSDK.apk, which is not my field of expertise, but is very doable. You'll just need to find somebody to do the coding and resign & recompile the .apk, and you're good to go.

Regards,
Nookie

Great, good to know. Do you think it could be interesting for other persons ?

N

NOOK!E

Great, good to know. Do you think it could be interesting for other persons ?

Interest is certainly another matter. ;)

For one, there are not very many people around the NST forums here anymore, sadly. I certainly would be interested, and I'm sure at least 5-10 other users would be interested, but it probably won't get the attention it deserves like it would have if it had been made in 2012 or 2013.

dognook

Jul 14, 2014
I see. I'm late again. Too bad, it would be a great & subtle feature.
In fact, i'm not too afraid of the XML coding, but i don't know about the apk recompilation.

N

NOOK!E

It's not really XML, it's really reverse engineering coding of the B&N app.

Other readers have progress stripes at the bottom.

Yeah, like your Temblast Reader, correct?

Still loving that, by the way. Best NST/NTG reader I've used thus far.

Last edited:
N

NOOK!E

@dognook, if you look at the line pointed out by the arrow in this screenshot:

fP7mH7C.png

...that line is a progress bar. It slowly grows longer as you advance through the book, therefore showing your reading progress.

The reader in the screenshot is @Renate NST's Temblast Reader.

dognook

Jul 14, 2014
@dognook, if you look at the line pointed out by the arrow in this screenshot:

...that line is a progress bar. It slowly grows longer as you advance through the book, therefore showing your reading progress.
The reader in the screenshot is @Renate NST's Temblast Reader.

Oh, i misread because of my bad english !
I thought she was talking about readers of the forum who where working on something and the thread was somewhere at the bottom of this forum page... Heum
Anyway, that's exactly what i'm talking about. I haven't even think of using other readers ! Heum2
But i try coolreader, fbreader and smart reader. They have status bar but problem with the police size or amazon add bar...
If you have any suggestion, i take it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's not really XML, it's really reverse engineering coding of the B&N app.

Other readers have progress stripes at the bottom.