As an owner of NGT I've decided to start programming in java and android API. Let me introduce my first project.
As I rooted my device I was missing Library launcher, ralaunch was fine but I was looking for shelves supporting launcher, epub launcher was nice but limited. So, I decided to fill the gap. I was inspired by nook library, which I think was very well designed.
For now it's in alpha stage and for easier developing it's as application, in future I'll make it as a launcher.
So, here are the screen-shots of actual developing state:
I'm using Calibre and its meta attributes:
<meta content="shelf name" name="calibre:series"/>
<meta content="1" name="calibre:series_index"/>
calibre:series_index is treated as integer, not as a float so if you have it as float, let me know.
Please let me know what you think about it. Let me know which features or ideas you wished to have in this app.
If anybody could contribute pictograms icons which will fit better, let me know.
---- uploaded first pre-alpha version of app ---
v0.1 - limitations:
- scanning of ebooks is limited only to whole /sdcard/, no internal memory is scanned,
- file browser don't remember locations, always start from root,
- file browser don't have a bookmarks yet,
- epub file's attribute "calibre:series" is treated as integer value, so 1.5 is 2, 1.4 is 1. Anybody uses fractions on this attribute?
- sorting is done on re-run of app or on refreshing library, to be fixed,
- for now, only epub filetype is handled,
- searching doesn't work,
- no preferences yet
- fixed adding of shelves
- fixed scanning of whole /sdcard/
- added working bookmarks
- added root access in manifest (in future will be used in "my file" browser to get access to blocked paths)
- some general fixes
Let me know what you think about it.