Classic Stock NE2 4.4.2 (deodexed)

Search This thread

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
With this update, location services kill the battery dramatically. Not saying its this rom, update in general. I would leave my gps on all day on 4.1.2 but since 4.4.2 it dies in hours. I keep it off now turn on when needed. Weird.....

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Free mobile app

Get better battery stats and see what app is draining the battery. I never turn off my location and get good battery life.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thebear j koss

With this update, location services kill the battery dramatically. Not saying its this rom, update in general. I would leave my gps on all day on 4.1.2 but since 4.4.2 it dies in hours. I keep it off now turn on when needed. Weird.....

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Free mobile app
It's part of the newer google play services. Google now tracks your every move. You should be keeping location services and sync turned off except when needed for best battery optimization. Facebook is another killer, I've never used it but if you have the app you should delete it and use the Web app if possible. [emoji41]

Thebe@r'$ G@L@XY

huytrang90

Dec 22, 2010
It's part of the newer google play services. Google now tracks your every move. You should be keeping location services and sync turned off except when needed for best battery optimization. Facebook is another killer, I've never used it but if you have the app you should delete it and use the Web app if possible. [emoji41]

Thebe@r'$ G@L@XY
Get greenify and put those apps away.

Reactions: Cyconelli

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx

Thebe@r'$ G@L@XY

See this is one of the reason I never update my gapps. The other is they break stuff half of the time and I dont want to have to fix it just so I can use my phone.

lennykravitz2004

Feb 21, 2012
Where'd you go to high school?
I will post an update to fix the dialer in the next day or so.... busy as hell at work so I will get it up asap

Ran into an issue with SU (and wanam, apparently), and now need to re-install your ROM. Did not see anything after this post from you back in Sept indicating a new version/zip was made available... and I also re-downloaded the zip in your OP, and it appears to be the same as the original I pulled back in July.

Can you confirm if the new dialer is in (or not in) the file currently available, or if this is still the S5 dialer? Having the same issue others had outlined before with the black screen on incoming calls. Info eventually shows, but almost by the time I miss the call.

Or if there's a work-around for it, let me know (please point me in right direction) and I'll use whatever other instructions are available.

Thank you for your work, time, and your help.

ETA:

has this been effectively replaced by jlmancuso's stock NE2 now?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2768847

Last edited:

Kidmet

Dec 22, 2007
Denver, CO
Help! No root

Installed this from rooted 4.1.2 (I think) and now I can't get root. No super user sticks. it'll be there, but no apps (and root checker) requiring root work. Any help would be appreciated.

Ran into an issue with SU (and wanam, apparently), and now need to re-install your ROM. Did not see anything after this post from you back in Sept indicating a new version/zip was made available... and I also re-downloaded the zip in your OP, and it appears to be the same as the original I pulled back in July.

Can you confirm if the new dialer is in (or not in) the file currently available, or if this is still the S5 dialer? Having the same issue others had outlined before with the black screen on incoming calls. Info eventually shows, but almost by the time I miss the call.

Or if there's a work-around for it, let me know (please point me in right direction) and I'll use whatever other instructions are available.

Thank you for your work, time, and your help.

ETA:

has this been effectively replaced by jlmancuso's stock NE2 now?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2768847

Last edited:

Kidmet

Dec 22, 2007
Denver, CO
Installed this from rooted 4.1.2 (I think) and now I can't get root. No super user sticks. it'll be there, but no apps (and root checker) requiring root work. Any help would be appreciated.

Tried reinstalling after wiping EVERYTHING. and I'm stuck on the Spark screen. lol. I have a love/hate thing with this phone.

coolwater22

Jan 9, 2009
UPDATE!!!

so I keep getting a system update on this app and when I click notify me later it just stays there. I cant seem to get rid of it. any help??

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
so I keep getting a system update on this app and when I click notify me later it just stays there. I cant seem to get rid of it. any help??

On what app? Or are you talking about the rom itself? If the rom google how to stop system update on Note 2. There are a few different methods so you might have to try a couple before you find one that works.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok guy this is a simple op for now until I get home and redo it...

Here it is
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358562234

Thanks,
    Chaz187
    anude2y6.jpg

sysypy7y.jpg

New rom almost done!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
    Iunno man, you ought to think about replacing those icons around, they're out of place and not to be mean, but a few of them look like they were opened in MSPaint and recolored using the bucket fill tool. It just kinda looks like... 2005 Myspace in a way. Lots of gradients and funky(which isn't bad) color schemes. Also, try a different color for that smoke thing in the background, it's a bit counterintuitive when it blocks some of your text by being the same color.

Also, this ROM is really great, it's like having bits of the GS5 that I want. I'm using the GS5 keyboard port and it looks neat with this ROM.

this is where xda yells at me right

Well man thanks for your imput but I don't see you trying to do anything here so please keep you comments to yourself as this is just a start and alot of users love what I and the others do!

Thanks,
    Chaz187

What I have been working on....
    qebe9atu.jpg

a2u9u5y6.jpg

ujupa8ug.jpg

Lots to go!

Ditto on the phone bug. Takes a good 20-30 seconds to come up.
    That is because of the s5 phone and contacts. ... if you make a call to your voice mail it fixes it after a reboot.... or add a app like no frills and set min wake frequency to 400 it works right away. I added the s5 stuff because the tar file this time had some issues and the stock phone had fc issues.

Thanks,
    Chaz187