Sprint Galaxy Note ii metropcs mms fix

Search This thread

oakieville

Jul 5, 2010
stockton
This is a flashable zip to fix Mms messageing on Metropcs flashed Sprint Galaxy Note ii. Your phone must already be flashed to metropcs with working internet. Boot into recovery, flash the zip and reboot. Mms messaging should work from first boot ( with wifi off ).

Edit: I was ask to add some details as to wat the zips doing and wat I do. I edit the mms-config.xml in the stock Mms.apk/SecMms.apk to settings from verizon which work for metropcs, I also use an apns-conf.xml that I edited for metropcs. the zip will mount data and mount system, it will delete Mms.apk/SecMms.apk and Mms.odex/SecMms.odex, it will delete dalvik-cache for Mms.apk/SecMms.apk, it will delete the telephony.db file in /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/ which countains apns. it will replace Mms.apk/SecMms.apk with the one I edited for metropcs it also replaces the apns-conf.xml in /system/etc/ which countains the default apns for the one I edited for metropcs (on first boot the phone will create a new telephony.db with the default apns countained in this apns-conf.xml, that is why this fix lasts thru a datawipe/factory reset). The zip will also delete devicemanager.apk/sprintdevicemanager.apk/sprintdm.apk to remove the activation prompt every boot.For more details take a look at the updater-script.

I am not responsible for anything that happens

UPDATE: I have updated the 4.1.2tw zip mms now works while connected to wifi, you no longer need to turn off wifi

New zip can be found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2766197

Attachments

• SPH-L900-CM-metropcs-mms-fix-signed.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 436
  • SPH-L900-4.1.2tw-metropcs-mms-fix-signed.zip
    7.6 MB · Views: 520
  • SPH-L900-4.3tw-metropcs-mms-fix-signed.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 458
Last edited:

mrctony

Nov 30, 2011
California
This is a flashable zip to fix Mms messageing on Metropcs flashed Sprint Galaxy Note ii. Your phone must already be flashed to metropcs with working internet. Boot into recovery, flash the zip and reboot. Mms messaging should work from first boot ( with wifi off ).

Thank you oakieville, awesome job...:D

mrctony.

caguas56

May 25, 2009
Fort Worth, Texas

Do you get 4G LTE on the note?. and if you do how does it work for you?

Thanks.

mexiking713

Sep 2, 2010
Houston, TX
Heres an update oak. I was able to send a picture to myself but it took about an hour to send. The file was not big but it took a really long time. However I was able to receive pics and download them right away.

So here is where I stand.

Sending:

Im able to send pics but it takes a bout an hour to send.

Receiving:

I receive and download pics without a problem.

I also made a couple of chages to the apn in case it matters

4ama4a5e.jpg

Sent from a galaxy note 2 far far away...

oakieville

Jul 5, 2010
stockton
Heres an update oak. I was able to send a picture to myself but it took about an hour to send. The file was not big but it took a really long time. However I was able to receive pics and download them right away.

So here is where I stand.

Sending:

Im able to send pics but it takes a bout an hour to send.

Receiving:

I receive and download pics without a problem.

I also made a couple of chages to the apn in case it matters

4ama4a5e.jpg

If you changed mnc to 120 you need to do the same for the build.prop

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

oakieville

Jul 5, 2010
stockton
The phone build.prop? If so I cant find that number. I decompiled the secmms.apk in case I need to make any changes. The help is appreciated and Ill be sure to make a donation :good:

Yes the phone build.prop in the system folder toward the bottom its there
Also dont forget to reset apns after editing apns-conf.xml or delete telephony.DB and reboot

Last edited:

mexiking713

Sep 2, 2010
Houston, TX
Yes the phone build.prop in the system folder toward the bottom its there
Also dont forget to reset apns after editing apns-conf.xml or delete telephony.DB and reboot

Ok Ive been testing it and its been a hit or miss on sending. Did you edit anything in the secmms.apk?

Edit: how do I reset my apn and where is the telephony.DB that I should delete?

Last edited:

oakieville

Jul 5, 2010
stockton
Ok Ive been testing it and its been a hit or miss on sending. Did you edit anything in the secmms.apk?

Edit: how do I reset my apn and where is the telephony.DB that I should delete?

Ok nevermind wat I said about build.prop I didnt change it in zip so yours already says 310120 oops but now that u changed apns-conf.xml you still need to reset apns to do so use anycut if it fc then install go launcher and anycut and go to a blank screen on go laucher long press on screen u will get option at the bottom scroll over and select shortcut then select anycut then new shortcut then activity go down to apns select it hit ok then go back to the blank go launcher screen there will be a shortcut named apns open it hit menu select reset apns to default and just so u know telephony.DB is in /data/data/com.Android.providers.telephony/databases that where apns r if u do the reset u dont need to delete that if you delete that instead then u need to reboot I like reset better

Edit: I took a look at the zip I made I messed that all up sorry I did it to fast oops let me know if resetting apns fixes the issue if not ima send u another zip to test

Last edited:

mexiking713

Sep 2, 2010
Houston, TX
Ok nevermind wat I said about build.prop I didnt change it in zip so yours already says 310120 oops but now that u changed apns-conf.xml you still need to reset apns to do so use anycut if it fc then install go launcher and anycut and go to a blank screen on go laucher long press on screen u will get option at the bottom scroll over and select shortcut then select anycut then new shortcut then activity go down to apns select it hit ok then go back to the blank go launcher screen there will be a shortcut named apns open it hit menu select reset apns to default and just so u know telephony.DB is in /data/data/com.Android.providers.telephony/databases that where apns r if u do the reset u dont need to delete that if you delete that instead then u need to reboot I like reset better

Edit: I took a look at the zip I made I messed that all up sorry I did it to fast oops let me know if resetting apns fixes the issue if not ima send u another zip to test

It didnt work :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Edit: I was ask to add some details as to wat the zips doing and wat I do. I edit the mms-config.xml in the stock Mms.apk/SecMms.apk to settings from verizon which work for metropcs, I also use an apns-conf.xml that I edited for metropcs. the zip will mount data and mount system, it will delete Mms.apk/SecMms.apk and Mms.odex/SecMms.odex, it will delete dalvik-cache for Mms.apk/SecMms.apk, it will delete the telephony.db file in /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/ which countains apns. it will replace Mms.apk/SecMms.apk with the one I edited for metropcs it also replaces the apns-conf.xml in /system/etc/ which countains the default apns for the one I edited for metropcs (on first boot the phone will create a new telephony.db with the default apns countained in this apns-conf.xml, that is why this fix lasts thru a datawipe/factory reset). The zip will also delete devicemanager.apk/sprintdevicemanager.apk/sprintdm.apk to remove the activation prompt every boot.For more details take a look at the updater-script.

UPDATE: I have updated the 4.1.2tw zip mms now works while connected to wifi, you no longer need to turn off wifi

New zip can be found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2766197
    Cool that would nice to have 4.4 MMS fix so I can be up to date etc im sure the metro pcs community is waiting patiently as well:D

I got cm11 MMS working I will post zip soon

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Was wondering if you had a inverted or custom MMS fix for the note 2 instead of the stock MMS. I really like more features like the cm

I could make u one find mms app like and post it and ill fix it for metro and make u a zip

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
    Nah...I'm alright. Oakieville does a great job keeping up with all the newest firmware released to the device. I'm appreciative of what he does for the community already

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I do my best bro for the most part I stay pretty up to date

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I've updated my Note 2 to 4.3 and I too have no MMS. I've searched high and low but to no avail nothing that's worked. I will be watching this post. When I got my phone flashed I did have a custom text app and the stock which was weird but hey didn't ask any questions.

U had a custom app because that was the work around to make mms work lol thats not how my zips do it
    I have worked out note 2 4.3 and will upload zip soon